Educational

Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 123152 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #6330 on: August 19, 2011, 01:02:27 PM »
Why were you on a childfree board?

Offline VenatorDraconum

• Frequent Poster
  • iamnotaparakeet
« Reply #6331 on: August 19, 2011, 01:44:04 PM »

Why does this picture make me cringe?

is it maybe you are substituting the budgie's for ... 'parakeet's'???

Okay, since I'm probably the only one who owns a parakeet/budgie around here, will someone explain the humour?

One of the (apparently more annoying) WP members is called Iamnotaparakeet.

Boo.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6332 on: August 19, 2011, 02:01:22 PM »
I like reading what they say and boy I never knew how hard their lives were and how they seem to be discriminated at work. People seem to look at them less because they don't have kids. Bosses are less likely to grant them their vacation time or off for the holidays and give them to parents who want off.

But lot of them seem bitter about life of parents and most of them seem to be animal lovers and they way they act about it makes me resent animal lovers but my husband told me not all of them are that extreme. They think things like the animal was there first, they should have had their kid go live with the grandmother instead of the cat or get rid of the child and they look down on people who get rid of their pet after having kids. My parents got rid of their dog when I was a baby because it was too much work and their dog was unhappy so they sold her to a guy who lived out in the country and she was very happy. I suppose they would be bad pet owners just because they sold their dog. They even got rid of their dogs again not too long ago and kept two of them. I got rid of mine because I moved and didn't think it be right to have my parents be stuck with one extra dog to take care of because they already had five dogs. Plus I didn't know how long it be before I could have pets again so I told them they could get rid of her.  But I kept my cat at their home until she passed away.

I think child free has become my new special interest. I even found out lot of parents seem to be unhappy about being parents but my husband told me they were the minority. Even child free people lurk on parenting boards and then they go back to their board and bitch about what they've read. I even learned their terms too. They also seem to be too judgmental about parents and jump to assumptions too quickly and have high horses.

While child free people rant about parents calling them breeders, aspies tend to rant about NTs on WP while the NTs rant about their aspies and the condition on ASPartners.

Breeder is a derogatory word for bad parent.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6333 on: August 19, 2011, 09:22:32 PM »
This is the perfect I2 video.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #6334 on: August 20, 2011, 07:43:57 AM »
 :thumbup:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6335 on: August 20, 2011, 11:39:45 AM »
I like reading what they say and boy I never knew how hard their lives were and how they seem to be discriminated at work. People seem to look at them less because they don't have kids. Bosses are less likely to grant them their vacation time or off for the holidays and give them to parents who want off.

But lot of them seem bitter about life of parents and most of them seem to be animal lovers and they way they act about it makes me resent animal lovers but my husband told me not all of them are that extreme. They think things like the animal was there first, they should have had their kid go live with the grandmother instead of the cat or get rid of the child and they look down on people who get rid of their pet after having kids. My parents got rid of their dog when I was a baby because it was too much work and their dog was unhappy so they sold her to a guy who lived out in the country and she was very happy. I suppose they would be bad pet owners just because they sold their dog. They even got rid of their dogs again not too long ago and kept two of them. I got rid of mine because I moved and didn't think it be right to have my parents be stuck with one extra dog to take care of because they already had five dogs. Plus I didn't know how long it be before I could have pets again so I told them they could get rid of her.  But I kept my cat at their home until she passed away.

I think child free has become my new special interest. I even found out lot of parents seem to be unhappy about being parents but my husband told me they were the minority. Even child free people lurk on parenting boards and then they go back to their board and bitch about what they've read. I even learned their terms too. They also seem to be too judgmental about parents and jump to assumptions too quickly and have high horses.

While child free people rant about parents calling them breeders, aspies tend to rant about NTs on WP while the NTs rant about their aspies and the condition on ASPartners.

I considered joining a childfree community a few years back because so many people my age are poppin' 'em out and I have no interest, and it does end up causing social drift.  I've since found venues where there's a lower percentage of people looking for the marriage-kids-house-picket fence deal.  That description makes me doubly happy I never resorted to seeking out other "childfree" people with that as the primary thing I had in common with them; I hadn't considered how likely it would be to pull for whack jobs.  I mean, I do bitch about my friends "pairing off and breeding," but I'm using that phraseology jokingly.

Then again, I do genuinely believe far more parents are miserable and lying to themsleves (or at least to other people) about liking having kids because they're stuck with them and it's lie or admit their life sucks and feel depressed about it, but I make that same basic assumption about a lot of human behavior.  Dissonance reduction is kinda creepy when you think about it.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline PuppetSockPenguin

• Superlurker of the penguin elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • experience is memory is experience is
« Reply #6336 on: August 21, 2011, 08:12:39 AM »
Yes, Google, that makes perfect sense. This is Google's suggestion for my typo:

Showing results for what sashimi tastes ;kijiji. Search instead for what sashimi tatstes ;keiueje.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6337 on: August 21, 2011, 08:15:24 AM »
Why are New Yorkers always so depressed?

The light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey :green:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6338 on: August 22, 2011, 08:26:57 PM »

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6339 on: August 22, 2011, 08:32:49 PM »

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6340 on: August 23, 2011, 02:07:17 AM »

I considered joining a childfree community a few years back because so many people my age are poppin' 'em out and I have no interest, and it does end up causing social drift.  I've since found venues where there's a lower percentage of people looking for the marriage-kids-house-picket fence deal.  That description makes me doubly happy I never resorted to seeking out other "childfree" people with that as the primary thing I had in common with them; I hadn't considered how likely it would be to pull for whack jobs.  I mean, I do bitch about my friends "pairing off and breeding," but I'm using that phraseology jokingly.

Then again, I do genuinely believe far more parents are miserable and lying to themsleves (or at least to other people) about liking having kids because they're stuck with them and it's lie or admit their life sucks and feel depressed about it, but I make that same basic assumption about a lot of human behavior.  Dissonance reduction is kinda creepy when you think about it.

I thought you were supposed to make us laugh in this thread, not cry.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6341 on: August 23, 2011, 06:47:49 AM »

I hope Dad doesn't know I borrowed the bike.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6342 on: August 24, 2011, 02:42:56 PM »

I thought you were supposed to make us laugh in this thread, not cry.

Not sure if this is directed me or at us but I posted this because MLA wanted to know why I was on a childfree board. I posted something from there because I thought it was funny.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #6343 on: August 26, 2011, 05:20:09 AM »
I love this channel on Youtube, hilarious commentary and general fucking around with games. This is one of my favorites.

I think I posted this before, not sure.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #6344 on: August 26, 2011, 05:40:10 AM »
I love this channel on Youtube, hilarious commentary and general fucking around with games. This is one of my favorites.

I think I posted this before, not sure.
Hill-airy-arse
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap