Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 123152 times)

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #4590 on: July 08, 2010, 08:36:21 PM »

http://www.losanjealous.com/nfc/

Blessed are the sleepy ones, for they shall soon drop off.

Does wisdom perhaps appear on the earth as a raven which is inspired by the smell of carrion?
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4591 on: July 08, 2010, 08:51:34 PM »
That's a pretty cool app. I think I want one. ;D
I agree.

(youre talking about the side effects web site too, right?)

I'm talking about the sound spectrum sweep, actually. :P

It is kind of cool. It can be paused at any point along the spectrum or you can just run in continuously.  The only problem I see that would affect its usability is that you can not "dial in"  or simply enter a particular frequency to analyse at length.

The Pink Noise function is very usable, however.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4592 on: July 08, 2010, 09:06:36 PM »
And apparently that's how Apple thinks you should hold your new iPhone 4G. :zoinks:

We received thirty five of them today at my "home store,"  along with fifteen of the 3G (previous) version  (around nine-ish AM).

We had twenty two people on a waiting list and the others were sold before I left at four PM.

That is fifty old and new iPhones that went out of one store in one day. We are now sold out again, as it always is with the current iShit. 

We are beginning to catch up with iPads, though; occasionally we have eighty or a hundred of them come in, but in a few days they are gone as well. We do have about five hundred various iPods, right now, if you combine all versions of this "abomination of nature."

I can not imagine how horrible it would be to pretend to be an Apple rep, if they had kept their "Made In America"  hype going. Thank fuck in a bucket for Chinese made iShit!!!

:puke:

... or not.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:08:36 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4593 on: July 08, 2010, 11:18:49 PM »
Here's a way how to make your phone handsfree...

And it only takes less than 1 second. :LOL:

That's just awesome!  :rofl:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4594 on: July 09, 2010, 09:36:05 AM »
And apparently that's how Apple thinks you should hold your new iPhone 4G. :zoinks:

We received thirty five of them today at my "home store,"  along with fifteen of the 3G (previous) version  (around nine-ish AM).

We had twenty two people on a waiting list and the others were sold before I left at four PM.

That is fifty old and new iPhones that went out of one store in one day. We are now sold out again, as it always is with the current iShit. 

We are beginning to catch up with iPads, though; occasionally we have eighty or a hundred of them come in, but in a few days they are gone as well. We do have about five hundred various iPods, right now, if you combine all versions of this "abomination of nature."

I can not imagine how horrible it would be to pretend to be an Apple rep, if they had kept their "Made In America"  hype going. Thank fuck in a bucket for Chinese made iShit!!!

... or not.

So, do you have people coming in to complain about the poor reception when you hold the 4G in a certain way yet?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4595 on: July 09, 2010, 03:33:35 PM »

... or not.

So, do you have people coming in to complain about the poor reception when you hold the 4G in a certain way yet?

Not at all.

While the problem may be real in some places, the saturation of signal quality (signal strength, through multiple, repeating towers everyfuckigwhere [the system continually switching to the strongest signal tower each time the signal surpasses a certain level of degradation]) this close to a major city, makes the entire "human-interfering-with-TeH-antenna" thing a non-issue, it seems.

The over-abundance of cell network activity in certain places, such as New York City, makes such a problem inevitable with any cell phone, though.  There is nothing special nor inherently wrong with the iPhone, but it has a target on it's butt. The slightest thing will cause all manner of nay-sayers to kick up a stink.

Do not misunderstand me, though. I HATE iShit!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:35:55 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4596 on: July 09, 2010, 03:36:49 PM »
It would seem that quite a few people disagree with you. There are plenty of videos on Youtube all showing how the 4G loses signal (and drops the call) when held in a certain, not too unlikely, way.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4597 on: July 09, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »
It would seem that quite a few people disagree with you. There are plenty of videos on Youtube all showing how the 4G loses signal (and drops the call) when held in a certain, not too unlikely, way.

I've seen them and I agree that the "Atomic Headslap"  is due the engineers who put the things together, but the problem is very far from universal to all iP 4s, nor is any other cell phone exempt from such a problem.  There are just as many people watching those vids and having trouble "repeating"  what they see on screen, who are enjoying their new toy without any problems. I seriously think it has more to do with network saturation, but who knows? 

If enough people pitch a proper set of fits, maybe there will be a class action lawsuit that will finally put MacApple out of business.

Obviously an antenna of any kind is subject to interference from proximity effects.  The more local bandwidth that is demanded of the entire system, the more likely it becomes that any number of problems can arise.

I should not have to explain something this simple to you.

I have the perfect answer for you.  Avoid, last year's technology. Buy a "N3W"  cell phone system.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:51:54 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #4598 on: July 09, 2010, 04:00:29 PM »

Weird Tattoo.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4599 on: July 09, 2010, 04:03:16 PM »
Honestly, Odeon, I doubt that there will be any kind of massive re-call of iPhone4s.

We will still have to deal with MacApple for many years to come.

I can dream, though, can I not?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4600 on: July 09, 2010, 04:05:47 PM »

Weird Tattoo.

As many times as I have seen that tat, I still wonder why teh one monkey having his arsehole toyed is not smiling more than the other monkey.

That would be true comedy.

It is still funny though!!!

If my name was Bob, I would tat a letter, "B" on each butt cheek and if someone asked my name, I would just drop my pants and moon the fucker!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:07:50 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #4601 on: July 10, 2010, 07:34:11 AM »
Okay, but how about this video.... I only just bumped into it.

Imagine if that actually worked? :viking:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4602 on: July 10, 2010, 12:17:41 PM »
A man goes to a doctor for a physical checkup. The nurse starts with certain basic items. "How much do you weigh?" she asks.

"One-seventy." he says.

The nurse puts him on the scale. It turns out that his weight is 183.

The nurse asks, "Your height?"

"Five-eleven." he says.

The nurse checks and sees that he's only 5' 8 1/2 inches.

She then takes his blood pressure, and it's very high.

The man explains, "Of course it's high. When I came in here, I was tall and slim. Then, after one look at you, I became short and fat!"

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4603 on: July 10, 2010, 04:08:05 PM »

I've seen them and I agree that the "Atomic Headslap"  is due the engineers who put the things together, but the problem is very far from universal to all iP 4s, nor is any other cell phone exempt from such a problem.  There are just as many people watching those vids and having trouble "repeating"  what they see on screen, who are enjoying their new toy without any problems. I seriously think it has more to do with network saturation, but who knows? 

If enough people pitch a proper set of fits, maybe there will be a class action lawsuit that will finally put MacApple out of business.

Obviously an antenna of any kind is subject to interference from proximity effects.  The more local bandwidth that is demanded of the entire system, the more likely it becomes that any number of problems can arise.

I have the perfect answer for you.  Avoid, last year's technology. Buy a "N3W"  cell phone system.

I don't need to have it explained. The 4G's antenna is an external one and you change the wavelength(s) to which it is tuned by touching it with your bare hands (because your hands are conductive). Use rubber gloves and the signal will not drop.

So I have no problem understanding why this happens. I do have a problem understanding how Apple could miss this when they designed the phone. This is not a new discovery, as you pointed out, so it's an unnecessary design flaw. Of course, it's entirely possible that there is more than one factor affecting the results but the basic problem is as simple as ever, as is its solution: do not touch the antenna!

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4604 on: July 10, 2010, 04:38:03 PM »

I don't need to have it explained. The 4G's antenna is an external one and you change the wavelength(s) to which it is tuned by touching it with your bare hands (because your hands are conductive). Use rubber gloves and the signal will not drop.

So I have no problem understanding why this happens. I do have a problem understanding how Apple could miss this when they designed the phone. This is not a new discovery, as you pointed out, so it's an unnecessary design flaw. Of course, it's entirely possible that there is more than one factor affecting the results but the basic problem is as simple as ever, as is its solution: do not touch the antenna!

OK, but do not forget that human hands are not only conductive, but reactive, as well  -  capacitance and inductance  -   the effects of which depend upon many factors.

I still say that an international class action lawsuit is due the bitten apple.  I doubt that it will happen, because so many are delighted with their new toy and do not have any problems with diminishing signal strength.

Apple is selling all that China can make, despite the bad press.
 :lol: