Educational

Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 123146 times)

Scrapheap

Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #4170 on: October 27, 2009, 12:10:44 AM »
Rene Descartes walks into a bar and sits dowm at the counter. The bartender walks up to him and asks if he wants something to drink. Descartes says "I think not" and he disappears!  :laugh:

Scrapheap

« Reply #4171 on: October 27, 2009, 07:29:12 PM »
Rene Descartes walks into a bar and sits dowm at the counter. The bartender walks up to him and asks if he wants something to drink. Descartes says "I think not" and he disappears!  :laugh:

So I take it philosophical humor is too highbrow for you unedumacated fucks!!  :hahaha:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #4172 on: October 27, 2009, 09:28:39 PM »
Do not underestimate the power of dick and fart jokes.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4173 on: October 27, 2009, 10:15:51 PM »
An engineer, a chemist and a mathematician are staying in three adjoining cabins at an old motel.

First the engineer's coffee maker catches fire. He smells the smoke, wakes up, unplugs the coffee maker, throws it out the window, and goes back to sleep.

Later that night the chemist smells smoke too. He wakes up and sees that a cigarette butt has set the trash can on fire. He says to himself, "Hmm. How does one put out a fire? One can reduce the temperature of the fuel below the flash point, isolate the burning material from oxygen, or both. This could be accomplished by applying water." So he picks up the trash can, puts it in the shower stall, turns on the water, and, when the fire is out, goes back to sleep.

The mathematician, of course, has been watching all this out the window. So later, when he finds that his pipe ashes have set the bedsheet on fire, he is not in the least taken aback. He says: "Aha! A solution exists!" and goes back to sleep.

Scrapheap

« Reply #4174 on: October 27, 2009, 10:28:06 PM »
An engineer, a chemist and a mathematician are staying in three adjoining cabins at an old motel.

First the engineer's coffee maker catches fire. He smells the smoke, wakes up, unplugs the coffee maker, throws it out the window, and goes back to sleep.

Later that night the chemist smells smoke too. He wakes up and sees that a cigarette butt has set the trash can on fire. He says to himself, "Hmm. How does one put out a fire? One can reduce the temperature of the fuel below the flash point, isolate the burning material from oxygen, or both. This could be accomplished by applying water." So he picks up the trash can, puts it in the shower stall, turns on the water, and, when the fire is out, goes back to sleep.

The mathematician, of course, has been watching all this out the window. So later, when he finds that his pipe ashes have set the bedsheet on fire, he is not in the least taken aback. He says: "Aha! A solution exists!" and goes back to sleep.

:laugh:

In the telling I've heard of this, the 3rd person is a Statistitian. He wakes up and starts more fires. The engineer and chemist look at him and ask WTF are you doing? He replies; "I'm getting a larger sample group"!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #4175 on: October 28, 2009, 03:03:29 AM »
That's not funny either.
Why?

For one it's stupidly offensive, and for another it's not even accurate to NTs.

This thread will explain it all.

http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/showthread.php?tid=17323

You have to be logged in to see it. And I wouldn't register on AFF even if a gun was held to head. Farking militants.

That's harsh
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4176 on: October 28, 2009, 03:11:23 AM »
Rene Descartes walks into a bar and sits dowm at the counter. The bartender walks up to him and asks if he wants something to drink. Descartes says "I think not" and he disappears!  :laugh:

No "I think therefore I am".
Rene Descarte posed a philosophical question on what if a Malevolent Daemon had convinced you that what you were seeing and experiencing was real, but this perception was not to be trusted as it was a deception and the perceptions were from that Daemon. Your reality is therefore faulty and you have no way of proving what is "real" as it may be deceived from this trickster Daemon. Anything you use to prove it based on learned experience is similarly compromised as it is housed in the questionable realms of being linked to your perception on what is real and again leads to what if that too was faulty. How can one prove even their own existence?

That about right?

I think this was probably the basis for the "Matrix" movies.
I say good luck to the Daemon. I don't care too much I like things as they are and the bliss that comes with such ignorance.

Then again I am an unedumacated fuck. :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:36:03 AM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

GalileoAce

« Reply #4177 on: October 28, 2009, 05:10:18 AM »
That's not funny either.
Why?

For one it's stupidly offensive, and for another it's not even accurate to NTs.

This thread will explain it all.

http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/showthread.php?tid=17323

You have to be logged in to see it. And I wouldn't register on AFF even if a gun was held to head. Farking militants.

That's harsh

Perhaps...

Scrapheap

« Reply #4178 on: October 28, 2009, 01:33:24 PM »

You strike me as being as unedumacated as Albert Einstein.  :)

Rene Descarte posed a philosophical question on what if a Malevolent Daemon had convinced you that what you were seeing and experiencing was real, but this perception was not to be trusted as it was a deception and the perceptions were from that Daemon. Your reality is therefore faulty and you have no way of proving what is "real" as it may be deceived from this trickster Daemon. Anything you use to prove it based on learned experience is similarly compromised as it is housed in the questionable realms of being linked to your perception on what is real and again leads to what if that too was faulty. How can one prove even their own existence?

That about right?

Basicaly yes, Descartes replied that existance is seperate from perceptions of reality, because even if we are perceiving an illusion, whatever is perceiving the illusion must exist.

I say good luck to the Daemon. I don't care too much I like things as they are and the bliss that comes with such ignorance.

These questions of epistemology existed long before Rene Descartes. Plato's Alegory of the Cave comes to mind. If you ask me, it doesn't matter one bit if this is all just an illusion, it doesn't change how you live life day to day.

Offline iceman1985

• Incessant Poster
  • Bow to me!
« Reply #4179 on: October 28, 2009, 01:42:19 PM »
Rene Descartes walks into a bar and sits dowm at the counter. The bartender walks up to him and asks if he wants something to drink. Descartes says "I think not" and he disappears!  :laugh:

That about right?

what the hell did you just say
My little piece of hell
stay the fuck out of it

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4180 on: October 29, 2009, 03:10:44 AM »

Basicaly yes, Descartes replied that existance is seperate from perceptions of reality, because even if we are perceiving an illusion, whatever is perceiving the illusion must exist.

These questions of epistemology existed long before Rene Descartes. Plato's Alegory of the Cave comes to mind. If you ask me, it doesn't matter one bit if this is all just an illusion, it doesn't change how you live life day to day.

I imagine him smirking as he rewarded the courts of the nobles who spent hour upon hour trying to come up with an answer, with the simple phrase "I think therefore I am". :P

You are right though. We are what we are and our experience and our reality make us. Good, bad, indifferent or even completely based on illusions. It is ours.

Now back to spamming :P

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4181 on: October 29, 2009, 03:43:57 AM »
Now I wonder if Descartes had a sense of humour.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4182 on: October 29, 2009, 07:31:07 AM »
Now I wonder if Descartes had a sense of humour.
If he thought he did, or if other people thought he did?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4183 on: October 29, 2009, 10:05:18 AM »

Celticgoddess

« Reply #4184 on: October 29, 2009, 10:16:16 AM »
:lol: