Educational

Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 123158 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #4125 on: October 14, 2009, 04:01:09 AM »
Besides, everyone knows I'M the future of rock'n'roll--me and Brian Blessed!

Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4126 on: October 14, 2009, 04:14:41 AM »
That dude played Blackadder's dad, the King.

Knew I'd heard that voice before.

I first saw (and heard) him on SPACE: 1999. He played Dr. Cabot Rowland in 'Death's Other Dominion'(Series 1) and 'The Metamorph' (Series 2) as Mentor (Maya's father). His wife Hildegard Neil (they've been married since 1978) appeared in another episode of this series. He also appeared on DR WHO during the end of Colin Baker's run, playing King Yrcanos in "The Trial of a Time Lord." And he is a lifelong friend of Patrick Stewart, having met him when they were starting out at the Old Vic.

Other fun facts: According to Wikipedia, he is an avid mountain climber and adventurer:

"He climbed Mont Blanc at the age of seventeen, and he has remained an active mountaineer throughout his life. Though he has never reached the summit, he has tried to climb Mount Everest on three separate occasions. During his attempt in 1993, the then 56-year-old climbed higher than any other man of his age; the height record was later broken by Sir Ranulph Fiennes in 2009. He has successfully climbed Aconcagua in Argentina as well as Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. He also holds the record for being the oldest man to trek on foot to the magnetic North Pole, and has undertaken an expedition deep into the jungles of Venezuela."

If he ever runs dry on acting roles, he'd be a smash as a comic actor. Paul Merton was practically in stitches for half the show.

He was in the Flash Gordon feature film, too. Aorund 1980 if I'm not mistaken.

True that:

Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4127 on: October 14, 2009, 04:18:21 AM »
another classic:

Blasted

« Reply #4128 on: October 14, 2009, 05:12:04 AM »
another classic:

That squirrel is awesome  :laugh:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4129 on: October 14, 2009, 07:03:38 AM »

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4130 on: October 14, 2009, 11:43:30 AM »

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #4131 on: October 14, 2009, 05:36:06 PM »

:LMAO:

Blasted

« Reply #4132 on: October 14, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »
That's absolutely disgusting :aff:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4133 on: October 14, 2009, 09:00:42 PM »
It's a lit thing :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #4134 on: October 14, 2009, 09:47:42 PM »
The Japanese hidden camera show “Panic Face King” tricks man into thinking that he is filming a documentary about telephone scammers. Shortly after the interview begins, a sniper attacks, delivering what appear to be fatal wounds to everyone else in the room.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fe3_1255457078

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4135 on: October 16, 2009, 05:13:44 PM »

Hey, waddaya know, it shows my mother's soon-to-be ex-husband at 1:57 and then again at 2:20.   :zoinks:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4136 on: October 16, 2009, 05:16:13 PM »
The Japanese hidden camera show “Panic Face King” tricks man into thinking that he is filming a documentary about telephone scammers. Shortly after the interview begins, a sniper attacks, delivering what appear to be fatal wounds to everyone else in the room.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fe3_1255457078
Jesus, Japan is fucked up.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Blasted

Blasted

« Reply #4138 on: October 17, 2009, 10:42:23 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/aug/24/charlie-brooker-screens-invasion

"All we city dwellers need is a screen to have sex with and the circle is complete. Panasonic is doubtless perfecting some hideous LCD orifice technology as we speak. Probably one that makes 3D adverts appear in your head at the point of orgasm. Coco Pops are so chocolatey they even turn the milk brown. Now pass me a tissue."

Blasted

« Reply #4139 on: October 17, 2009, 11:05:49 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/aug/03/hollywood-ideas-charlie-brooker

Did I mention I adore this man?  I am pissing myself:

Obviously, these are desperate times. With that in mind, here are three deceptively great movie ideas for Hollywood to pinch at its leisure:

Title Come Alive!

Synopsis God decides to grant evangelical preacher Will Ferrell the power to heal the sick with his fingertips. But the almighty's lightning bolt misses its target, hitting Will's penis instead. Now Will is cursed with the miraculous ability to cure any disease or fix any injury – but only if he has full sexual intercourse with the patient. Since Will is also a 45-year-old unmarried virgin with strong views on sex outside marriage, it won't be an easy ride!

Review What starts as a regulation gross-out comedy soon takes an unsettling turn as Will faces an agonising ­ decision at his father's deathbed, before building to a frankly unbelievable conclusion in which a terrorist cell releases the Ebola virus in the local donkey sanctuary . . . and only one man can save the day.

Title Hollywood Mosquito 3D

Synopsis Seizing on the current vogue for 3D Imax releases, Hollywood Mosquito 3D is a cinematic spectacle shot entirely from the point of view of a hungry mosquito flying around Los Angeles during a heatwave. Filmed with microscopic high-definition cameras, the action consists of eye-popping and shockingly frank sequences in which the naked, breathing bodies of your favourite Hollywood stars are transformed into immense, surreal landscapes: living canyons of flesh for you to fly over, around . . . even inside.

Review No blemish is left secret, no crevice goes unexplored, and absolutely no blushes are spared in this bluntly explicit thrill ride starring Harvey Keitel, Megan Fox, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Anjelica Huston, Mickey Rourke and Zac Efron.

Title Nic Cage: My Life as John Lennon the Cow

Synopsis In this groundbreaking experimental documentary and extreme "method acting" challenge Nicolas Cage spends an entire year living life as a cow – standing in fields, eating grass, crapping on all fours, with no human contact whatsoever. Having spent 365 days becoming fully immersed in the cow mindset, he is unceremoniously whisked to New York's Dakota building where he must simulate the last eight weeks of John Lennon's life while retaining his bovine perspective and continuing to wear his prosthetic hooves.

Review Cage's brave attempt to experience Lennon's final days through a cow's eyes offers a refreshing insight into the ex-Beatle's musical genius, as well as a hilarious scene in which, frustrated by his inability to play the chords to Jealous Guy thanks to his hooves, he angrily butts his head against the sideboard and drops a manpat on the  carpet.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:09:20 PM by Bint »