Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 123142 times)

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #3825 on: July 09, 2009, 01:12:41 AM »
GA asks this because his meltdowns are terrifyingly similar. :P
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

GalileoAce

« Reply #3826 on: July 09, 2009, 02:42:50 AM »

¬_¬

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3827 on: July 10, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

GalileoAce

« Reply #3828 on: July 10, 2009, 10:41:32 PM »

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #3829 on: July 11, 2009, 12:34:32 AM »
Well, THIS made me laugh...but only partly 'cause I wrote it.

/satire

MODEST PROPOSAL II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Having completed an exhaustive one-hour research survey to attempt to explain why medical marijuana bills and ballot initiatives are subject to such stringent opposition, I have come up with the primary reason. According to Rhode Island Governor Donald Carcieri (LA Times news wire, 6/13/09) and too many others to count, the manufacture and sale of illegal drugs in the state would send the wrong message to children about drug use.

This would seem to be an insoluble conundrum. Most psychiatrists know that, once the subject of children is brought up in any discussion of anything, most parents undergo what is medically known as “brain-lock;” they are unable or unwilling to continue to engage in rational discussion, reduced to uttering such hoary barnyard clichés as “What about the children?” and “Won’t somebody *please* think about the children?”

But with every roadblock, there is the possibility of a detour, and I believe I have found one. Let us say that the citizens of Rhode Island wish to continue to have a rational discussion about the legal use and sale of marijuana in the state. In response to objections from parents’ groups that even discussion of this issue would send the wrong message to children, the following suggestion is made: put all children in Rhode Island up for adoption, with the sole stipulation being that the adoptive parents may not reside in a state considering marijuana legislation of any kind. Any children who cannot be adopted for reasons of age, temperament, or mental/physical impairment will be taken to state euthanasia centers, where their lives will be humanely terminated. Problem solved.

Now of course there will be the usual hysterical objections from the usual nattering nabobs: NOW, the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, the PTA, Boy and Girl Scouts of America, NAMBLA, Rush Limbaugh and other soi-disant patriotic organizations. I say, “Phooey on them.” If they’re not going to be part of the solution, that axiomatically makes them part of the problem.  And we already have enough problems.

William of Occam reminds us that the simplest solution to a problem is usually the best. Since there is continual opposition to rational discussion of the drug issue, and it would not be financially or logistically feasible to reeducate or lobotomize recalcitrant opponents of rational discourse, that leaves children. Children do not have the same rights as adults: they cannot vote, or drink, or drive, or commit adultery. Therefore, they are ours to do with as we wish. And we, the rational citizens of America, wish to have a rational national discussion about drug legalization, unhindered by hysteria.

As our president has said, we do not have the luxury of endless time to debate these issues. The barn is burning, and we don’t have time to discuss what impact that will have on the youngsters. We need to act, and act fast, before history plows us under to provide fertile soil for the newest crop of Americans. And if we hesitate—if we wait too long—that crop will come a cropper and our great nation will be no more.

Punkdrew wishes it to be known that, for the record, he loves children. Medium rare, with BBQ sauce, bourbon baked beans and cole slaw.

Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3830 on: July 11, 2009, 12:40:20 AM »

I concur with GA; it could have been staged. Any way to find out?
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

TheoK

« Reply #3831 on: July 11, 2009, 03:15:47 AM »
"Carlo, can you say 'I can't eat the rice?'"

"I can't eat the rice."

"Then eat shit, you bastard!"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3832 on: July 11, 2009, 10:05:34 AM »
COMING SOON...

wait...

oh.

::)
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Blasted

« Reply #3833 on: July 12, 2009, 03:12:25 PM »

TheoK

« Reply #3834 on: July 12, 2009, 03:16:38 PM »
Swedish bureaucrat: "The difference between stock holding company and trading company is, as far as I understand it, as follows: when it comes to stock holding companies you could do the tax income return by yourself but you're not allowed to. Concerning trading companies, on the other hand, you may do the income tax return by yourself but you're unable to it."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 03:18:37 PM by TheoK »

Blasted

« Reply #3835 on: July 12, 2009, 07:06:05 PM »

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3836 on: July 13, 2009, 12:23:11 AM »
search auto-tune the news on the YouTubes for more of this genius:

Blasted

« Reply #3837 on: July 13, 2009, 12:26:38 AM »
That is fucking hilarious  :lol:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #3838 on: July 13, 2009, 12:39:58 AM »

:LMAO:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #3839 on: July 13, 2009, 12:41:12 AM »
Haha they are using a pitch correction vocorder.    Heh, those aren't even that expensive anymore.   That effect can be done on the PC anyways, with any audio.   Just plug in the melody/scale/mode and you can have it auto adjust on the fly, or you can program it like MIDI editing style with vibrato and other forms of pitch modulation.   I like how they did it with just people speaking, and had their voices pitch altered to fit the song.   I normally hate when that effect is used, as I have heard it is used by some that can't really sing in key consistently.
:P   Internets are super serious.