Educational

Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 123155 times)

TheoK

Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #3750 on: June 12, 2009, 11:13:23 AM »
If it looks like a brownie,
do go downie.  :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3751 on: June 12, 2009, 02:37:35 PM »
Friendships suck.  They hardly ever last.
I have lost a few, but I have at least one friend that I have known for over 15 years (Doug).   I have been friends with Matt for at least 6 years (I think).   As far as female friends go, those don't last as long.  Women are jealous and competitive lol.   They don't even like me being friends with certain other women sometimes, but they are good at hiding it for a while.

That's why I prefer male friends to female friends.  The only girls I'm friends with really are other lesbians.  With some exceptions.  I have a friend that I've known for 19 years now.  We don't stay much in contact though although that friendhsip is pretty timeless since we were babies when our mums met.

Still, most friendships fizzle out with time.  Tis the truth.

Aye. I've been friends with a guy for 25 years, this year, but he's getting on my nerves these days, mostly. And I used ot work with the man.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3752 on: June 12, 2009, 07:03:32 PM »

Dyood1:  Dyood, I got Lo-Jack for my laptop.
Dyood2   Cool, Dyood. What's that?
Dyood1:  Lo-Jack is something that makes it harder for someone to steal my laptop, Dyood.
Dyood2:  YELLOW BIKINI!!  What did you say, Dyood?
Dyood1:  I forgot, but did I tell you I got a laptop.
Dyood2:  I think so. Maybe you should get Lo-Jack for it.
Dyood1:  I did, but I was thinkin'  -  I wish there was a version of Lo-Jack for my attention span.

(Come on. You know that's funny. It doesn't matter that I made it up. This is comedy, folks!)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3753 on: June 13, 2009, 09:04:29 AM »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3754 on: June 13, 2009, 09:09:15 AM »
That was 26 seconds.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3755 on: June 13, 2009, 09:13:26 AM »
That was 26 seconds.
I know, the inaccuracy bothers me too.  Nevertheless I almost died laughing when i first saw it.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3756 on: June 13, 2009, 10:15:54 AM »
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #3757 on: June 14, 2009, 03:15:54 PM »

Intro to the ATHF movie.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3758 on: June 14, 2009, 04:18:26 PM »
Me either. Don't have time for that shit.
Yeah- why bother getting to know a girl if you're not gonna fuck her?  :P

That isn't what I mean, and you know it. There is a huge difference between a mutual friendship and one in which someone uses the obvious attraction (or obsession) of the other to manipulate them.

edit: Re-reading my posts, I sound a bit misogynistic... I'm really not. I just don't like manipulative people. I realize it isn't exclusive to women, men can be just as bad (or worse, depending on their ego/insecurities).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:47:24 PM by earthboundmisfit »

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3759 on: June 15, 2009, 05:38:50 PM »

That isn't what I mean, and you know it. There is a huge difference between a mutual friendship and one in which someone uses the obvious attraction (or obsession) of the other to manipulate them.

edit: Re-reading my posts, I sound a bit misogynistic... I'm really not. I just don't like manipulative people. I realize it isn't exclusive to women, men can be just as bad (or worse, depending on their ego/insecurities).
Men indeed can as well as can women, and s'cool- don't worry about it.

I perhaps feel a bit badly about this because I do have male friends I know are (or have been) attracted to me, but the attraction is one-way... but I do care about their friendship.  I don't like to think of that as me using or manipulating them.  If they don't want to talk to me or be around me unless they stand a chance of sleeping with me, that's their choice.  If they keep talking to me solely because they eventually want to sleep with me- even though they have no reason to think it'll happen other than them wanting it to- I don't it's fair to call me manipulative for being on the recieving end of that.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3760 on: June 15, 2009, 06:06:23 PM »

Men indeed can as well as can women, and s'cool- don't worry about it.

I perhaps feel a bit badly about this because I do have male friends I know are (or have been) attracted to me, but the attraction is one-way... but I do care about their friendship.  I don't like to think of that as me using or manipulating them.  If they don't want to talk to me or be around me unless they stand a chance of sleeping with me, that's their choice.  If they keep talking to me solely because they eventually want to sleep with me- even though they have no reason to think it'll happen other than them wanting it to- I don't it's fair to call me manipulative for being on the recieving end of that.

No worries there. I've seen girls do it to some of my younger, dumber friends on purpose. You're not doing that, so no problem right? :thumbup: :thumbup:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3761 on: June 16, 2009, 01:26:42 PM »

I NEED LO-JACK FOR MY ATTENTION SPAN!!!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore

P7PSP

« Reply #3763 on: June 16, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »
Friendships suck.  They hardly ever last.
I have lost a few, but I have at least one friend that I have known for over 15 years (Doug).   I have been friends with Matt for at least 6 years (I think).   As far as female friends go, those don't last as long.  Women are jealous and competitive lol.   They don't even like me being friends with certain other women sometimes, but they are good at hiding it for a while.

That's why I prefer male friends to female friends.  The only girls I'm friends with really are other lesbians.  With some exceptions.  I have a friend that I've known for 19 years now.  We don't stay much in contact though although that friendhsip is pretty timeless since we were babies when our mums met.

Still, most friendships fizzle out with time.  Tis the truth.

Aye. I've been friends with a guy for 25 years, this year, but he's getting on my nerves these days, mostly. And I used ot work with the man.
I had a friend that I had known since High School and after knowing him for 19 years we got put in Jail overnight for being drunk. The reason we got taken in was because my friend was considerably drunker than I was and made a lot of racket and acted like a dick walking back to my place after a party so someone called the Police on us. I can handle that he did that because I have taken my turns at being an out of control jerk while drinking.

Anyway the County Attorney did not prefer charges on me but did so on Steve for Public Intoxication. Steve then lied to his mother and daughter about not being drunk and, in effect, kind of made me look like a bad guy since I owned up to being drunk rather then lie about it like he did. Over a period of 4 weeks or so his mother made several remarks about how she didn't know why Steve was charged and I wasn't and when it became all too apparent that Steve was going to be a fucking weinie and play the innocent to his family at my expense I finally sarcastically explained to his mother that Steve was charged and not me because I was being the drunk jackass that night and not her innocent son and I was wising off to the cops and not her son, and finally that I was the idiot wearing the SS Totenkopf pin as a collar device on the Army Raincoat and not her innocent son. I concluded by asking if she could even count how many times she had seen the two of us drunk or stoned since we started hanging out at age 15 and what was the likeyhood of the Police popping her son when he wasn't drunk when they had so many legitimate opportunities to do so. After that she laid off of the accusing questions directed at me.

At the time I was going out with a woman named Sandy that we had known since High School who was also tight with Steves family, and when Sandy and I called it quits I dropped further contact because I figured anyone who would lie over such a petty issue was not to be trusted. Of the 19 years I had known Steve at that time I had spent 4 away in the Military and 8.5 years living in Utah so maybe that's why it took so long to recognize him for the dishonest jerk that he is.

GalileoAce

« Reply #3764 on: June 16, 2009, 10:10:41 PM »

Just thought I'd say hey!