Educational

Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 123157 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #3390 on: December 23, 2008, 11:23:32 AM »
In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya  after graduating from Northwestern University with scholarships in animal behavior.

On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully. He got down on one knee, inspected the elephants foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot and nuzzled against him.

The elephant stepped back, turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments. Peter stood frozen, terrified, thinking of nothing else but being trampled to death. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, touched Peter with its trunk, turned, and walked away. Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of  that day. He included this experience in his doctorate thesis, even.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his  teen aged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Peter, reached toward him with its trunk,  lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering  the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering if this was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, decided to skip making proper arrangements with the zoo staff,  climbed over the railing, and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to  the huge bull elephant and stared back in expectant wonder. The elephant trumpeted again, raised his leg up then stomped it down, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed him against  the railing, rupturing his skull and killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same fucking elephant.

This is for all you dipshit wankers who continually send me those fucking ridiculous, heart-warming, bullshit stories about identifying with various forms of animal life. How the fuck did I become some kind of hub for all these cutesy animal stories!!  FFS!!!??!!
MOTHERFUCKERS??!??!
I love animals and I do have a connection to some of them, but FUCKING FORGET IT!! I have my stories, but keep yours to yourself!! Get the fuck out of my head and lose my email addy!!!!!!

I changed my email to NON-public view on every forum I visit.

Bastards!!.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:36:06 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Blasted

« Reply #3392 on: December 23, 2008, 04:46:01 PM »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3393 on: December 24, 2008, 08:21:48 PM »
A web site about the dangers of Dihydrogen monoxide
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3394 on: December 26, 2008, 12:15:47 PM »
Barbie jewelry site so freaky stuff
http://www.margauxlange.com/portfolio.html

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3395 on: December 26, 2008, 02:41:09 PM »

Some of those bastards have kept my email.

:grrr:

NO MORE!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3396 on: December 26, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »
Get a free cooking guide with every Nintendo DS Lite!  I've no idea what they have to do with each other; is there a cooking game on the DS Lite?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

duncvis

« Reply #3397 on: December 27, 2008, 03:13:28 PM »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3398 on: December 27, 2008, 04:38:21 PM »
:laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3399 on: December 28, 2008, 11:41:17 PM »
Timelord's site Phil's World and I get this:

GO AWAY
You are not permitted to view this website.

Your IP - (my IP address here) - has been banned as it has been used by a person or persons who represent a threat to the mental health of the owner of this website - or it has been identified as a proxy.

If you have been caught accidentally, please contact the owner through the contact facility;
http://philsworld-d.proboards81.com/

A message to Joeker - STAY AWAY FROM MY WEBSITE! If that was you that I caught and have now blocked. You are banned from here and that is the end of the matter.

A threat to the mental health of the owner of the website.  :LMAO:

If you have been caught accidently, please contact the owner through the contact facility. But I am banned, how can I? Hypocrite.  :lol:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #3400 on: December 29, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »
And he thinks everything he does is perfectly justified and normal.

If only he could see himself through our eyes.  :laugh:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #3401 on: December 29, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
A couple of days ago I was at my in-laws with the wife and kids and we were all in the den hanging out after opening presents. I was very tired and had stretched out on a recliner for an hour or so. When I decided it was time to get up, I closed up the recliner, leaned back to get some momentum, and propelled myself up and out of the chair. The problem was that my pants had some how come loose and fell down around my ankles. I was wearing medical scrubs with no underwear underneath. Right in front of my in-laws (father, mother, sister, brother, and nephews), as well as my wife and kids.

I will never live this down. :-[
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3402 on: December 31, 2008, 05:17:59 PM »

NO, no laughing!!!

this is wromg!!!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3403 on: December 31, 2008, 08:56:14 PM »
 :laugh:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts