Educational

Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 123159 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #2715 on: June 22, 2008, 07:33:29 AM »
10) you've heard a patient with a nose ring, a brow
  ring, and twelve earrings say 'I'm afraid of shots.'

I'm totally that patient.   :laugh:

I thought of you when I posted that.  Well, if you ever show up at a medical facility that I'm working in, just let me know who you are and I'll cut you some slack!   8)

You mean you won't remember her ventilated ears?

I laughed so hard when you said, "Thank God you're here, ventilated ear woman," after she posted her ear picture.  Of course I think that she has 22 earrings, not 12.

How can someone with so many piercings be afraid of shots?
Well, I'm not too bad about the actual SHOT part if it's intramuscular, but I've passed out after an intramuscular shot before- walking back out of the office, mind you, and feeling fine until the dizziness hit- so I now insist that following any shot I be allowed to lie down for a little while afterward, even if I don't feel at all bad right after the shot.  Getting blood drawn, or anything to do with veins, though... yuuugghhhh.  I just don't like veins.  And when you get your ears pierced, mind you, it's just one fast stab, and you don't have to SEE it.  The nose was a little grosser, but it's the only body piercing I have (and I had to lie down after that- because it was the piercing place's policy, if I remeber right.  And I also bled a lot from it, apparently).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2716 on: June 22, 2008, 11:32:39 AM »
The same thing happened to me the last time I got a shot, but I thought it was just a bad reaction of some sort to the meds.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2717 on: June 22, 2008, 01:22:04 PM »
The same thing happened to me the last time I got a shot, but I thought it was just a bad reaction of some sort to the meds.
Could well have been for me too as it only happened the once, but that's not something I'm going to fuck around with, especially times when I'm driving ymself home from the shot, lol.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2718 on: June 22, 2008, 01:30:01 PM »
LOL, yes, I would not want it to happen when driving.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2719 on: June 22, 2008, 02:59:33 PM »

And, I'm horrified to realize I've not been reading the mouse-overs on XKDC; I refuse to go back and look at them all right now but they're great.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2720 on: June 22, 2008, 03:06:37 PM »

So how well does this summary work?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2721 on: June 22, 2008, 05:18:28 PM »
Reasonably well, except that conclusions can be made and so the "I dunno" is a little off.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #2722 on: June 22, 2008, 08:13:53 PM »

I thought of you when I posted that.  Well, if you ever show up at a medical facility that I'm working in, just let me know who you are and I'll cut you some slack!   8)

I laughed so hard when you said, "Thank God you're here, ventilated ear woman," after she posted her ear picture.  Of course I think that she has 22 earrings, not 12.

I don't really know, but, it does happen!   My daughter has one piercing in each ear and she hates shots.  I don't mind getting shots, blood draws or IV's put in.  But, the idea of getting a peircing gives me the heebie jeebies.   :zoinks:
I don't mind getting shots...  last time I had blood drawn, I could actually feel the needle pop into my vein.  I remarked on how weird it felt, and she asked me if I gave a lot of blood.  I told her that I didn't.  Apparently I have tough veins.

I pierced my own ear with one of my sister's earrings before catching the school bus one morning.  Although I haven't had anything in it for years, I can still get something in there if I try. 
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

ozymandias

« Reply #2723 on: June 22, 2008, 08:57:32 PM »

I don't really know, but, it does happen!   My daughter has one piercing in each ear and she hates shots.  I don't mind getting shots, blood draws or IV's put in.  But, the idea of getting a peircing gives me the heebie jeebies.   :zoinks:
I don't mind getting shots...  last time I had blood drawn, I could actually feel the needle pop into my vein.  I remarked on how weird it felt, and she asked me if I gave a lot of blood.  I told her that I didn't.  Apparently I have tough veins.

I pierced my own ear with one of my sister's earrings before catching the school bus one morning.  Although I haven't had anything in it for years, I can still get something in there if I try. 

Funny thing is my daughter had that happen with her first piercings.  Somehow the flesh grew over the earing holders.    It took a few weeks but, we got the original earring stuff out after much  "owe" "Ouch" and crying.  Then after that she re-pierced her ears on her own.  THIS from a child who hates and fears pain.   ::)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2724 on: June 22, 2008, 10:52:24 PM »

Well, I'm not too bad about the actual SHOT part if it's intramuscular, but I've passed out after an intramuscular shot before- walking back out of the office, mind you, and feeling fine until the dizziness hit- so I now insist that following any shot I be allowed to lie down for a little while afterward, even if I don't feel at all bad right after the shot.  Getting blood drawn, or anything to do with veins, though... yuuugghhhh.  I just don't like veins.  And when you get your ears pierced, mind you, it's just one fast stab, and you don't have to SEE it.  The nose was a little grosser, but it's the only body piercing I have (and I had to lie down after that- because it was the piercing place's policy, if I remeber right.  And I also bled a lot from it, apparently).

I think that there is a physiological reaction to injections in some people that drastically lowers their blood pressure, perhaps as a defense against bleeding to death, and that could be the cause of the dizziness.  My daughter fainted after she had several tubes of blood drawn.

GalileoAce

« Reply #2725 on: June 23, 2008, 12:08:26 AM »

And, I'm horrified to realize I've not been reading the mouse-overs on XKDC; I refuse to go back and look at them all right now but they're great.

If you like XKCD, you might like Abstruse Goose

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2726 on: June 23, 2008, 04:00:18 AM »

Tough from the thick layer of rancid cholesterol plaque that lines their insides?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2727 on: June 23, 2008, 05:38:42 AM »
If you like XKCD, you might like Abstruse Goose

looks pretty cool; imma check it out.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #2728 on: June 23, 2008, 07:14:16 AM »

Tough from the thick layer of rancid cholesterol plaque that lines their insides?
That or all the heroin I did back in the day.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2729 on: June 23, 2008, 08:47:43 AM »

That or all the heroin I did back in the day.

I get blood tests done every three months, in order to track the dangers from the medication I take for tachycardia. They always want to put a tourniquet around my arm and I tell them they don't need to. They balk!
So, I let my arm dangle for a few seconds to capture some blood by gravitational action and make a fist, thus presenting them with about forty viable veins to choose from. All I have to do is let me arm hang down and it fills tight with blood.
I always like to see a familiar nurse/lab assistant, because she will know and I don't have to go into a ten minute discussion, but the new ones always want to try the tourniquet trick FIRST.

:grrr:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.