Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 123157 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #2265 on: February 21, 2008, 01:09:14 AM »
No
actually, it's not dogs i dislike as such*, it's fucking dog owners.  their worse than precious parents.   :grrr:

*except those pathetically ridiculous small ones which are no more than nightdress cases with legs on.

What's wrong with parents?

Not just parents, Callaway, but "precious parents."

You know the ones.

They used to just have pets, but got bored and wanted more, so NOW they have kids. They have these miserable little made up, pet kids who make the precious parents little lives more full, at least until they get bored with the kids. Then it's on to the next thrill. Unfortunately there is a six year old kid or so left behind with a parent or set of parents who have become bored with it all and the kid is left to grow up wild, but spoiled, because they still feed "it" and groom "it" and buy "it" anything to keep "it" quiet, with no guidance whatsoever. They want the image of being a parent, but they have no real interest in the actual child.

Precious!

Oh.  That would be awful for the poor kids.

Actually I am guessing at her meaning, but those are the ones that really piss me off. We have buttloads of those around here and most of them are corporate ladder climbers as well. I want to take them by their scrawny throats and sling them around a while.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2266 on: February 21, 2008, 02:32:11 AM »
No
actually, it's not dogs i dislike as such*, it's fucking dog owners.  their worse than precious parents.   :grrr:

*except those pathetically ridiculous small ones which are no more than nightdress cases with legs on.

You know the ones.

They used to just have pets, but got bored and wanted more, so NOW they have kids. They have these miserable little made up, pet kids who make the precious parents little lives more full, at least until they get bored with the kids. Then it's on to the next thrill. Unfortunately there is a six year old kid or so left behind with a parent or set of parents who have become bored with it all and the kid is left to grow up wild, but spoiled, because they still feed "it" and groom "it" and buy "it" anything to keep "it" quiet, with no guidance whatsoever. They want the image of being a parent, but they have no real interest in the actual child.

Precious!

Actually I am guessing at her meaning, but those are the ones that really piss me off. We have buttloads of those around here and most of them are corporate ladder climbers as well. I want to take them by their scrawny throats and sling them around a while.

somethig like that, yes.  the ones whose little angels can do no wrong, even when they're smashing up your house, and the stage school parents who are just going to turn the poor kids into monsters.

don't get me on parents - i taught for 20 years, remember, so i've seen some parents who should've been sterilised at birth.  not just the precious ones, but the ones who fucked up their kids because of their own narrow-minded, or twisted natures.   :grrr:

yes, i'm a bit jaundiced, i'm afraid.

i'm also truama-ed cos i've just noticed i wrote "their" instead of "they're".  i may have to go and lie down for a bit...

shows you how incensed i was, doesn't it?

waaaaaaaaah!

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2267 on: February 21, 2008, 03:28:04 AM »
http://www.theaspergerslie.com/

We firmly believe that 'Asperger's Syndrome' is no more than a mindset, which is pepetually confirmed by professionals in the pharmaceutical industry, and is perfectly easily treated. Let us first dispell some of the myths currently circulating after we posted our very successful Youtube.com video:

Myth 1: "These people are "trolls"
After discovering what exactly a "troll" is ("One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument" [Urban Dictionary]) we can confirm we are not, in fact, trolls. We are simply trying to get our message seen.

Myth 2: "This is for self-promotion"
This is also completely unfounded. Our sole purpose with the Youtube video was to get our message to the masses; there is no such thing as Asperger's Syndrome.

Myth 3: "You are a Scientologist group"
This is a claim we can completely refute, and if we are considering legal actions against those who are spreading this slanderous message.

Myth 4: "You are not medical experts" and "Dr Andrew Northall is not an expert on this subject"
We are not and do not claim to be medical experts. We have, however, consulted numerous medical professionals and experts in this field of mental illness, who have consistently shared out concerns about Asperger's and disputed its existence. Medical professionals who do not deny the existence and actively promote and diagnose this 'Syndrome' are either corrupt or misguided and they will do nothing but further the anguish of perfectly treatable defective humanoids.

Now that we have that out of the way, let me introduce myself, I'm Steve Rawx a professional filmmaker and Child Neurology expert. Being a Child Neurology expert does not, I concede, suggest I am an expert on Asperger's Syndrome, however, I have never claimed to be. The quote used in the video uploaded to Youtube.com is merely an extract, my full quote was:

"I whole-heartedly believe that there is no such thing as Asperger's Syndrome. Asperger's Syndrome is not real."
...and I am completely entitled to my own opinion, which was formed after my work with Dr Andrew Northall. Northall, a France-based expert on the history of the Autistic Spectrum has produced such compelling material that I can no longer allow the world to be lied to like this. Ask Northall for the information yourself, email him, he tells me he is happy to deal with any requests.

I was deeply concerned to find that one pro-Asperger's hate site, Wrong Planet, has issued an internet fatwah against our video, calling on members to "slam the ratings", artificially and maliciously decreasing the previous 5-star rating of the video. Why would they do this? I pondered to myself. It then became pretty obvious, the website is financially invested in profitting from people by making they think they have a ficticious disorder. They wouldn't want their cash-cow to dry up. Some facts about Asperger's con:

* The increase of "diagnoses" of Asperger's increased by 30% in 1988; the same year the film Rain Man was released.
    * Asperger's Syndrome is commonly diagnosed alongside ADHD, another fad disorder.
    * Diagnoses of the syndrome come alongside reports of socially awkward behaviour, as well as increased intellect. These go hand in hand not because a child is deformed, but because nerds are not taught social skills.
    * Asperger's is merely a mindset. You choose to suffer from the symptoms.
    * People with "Asperger's" are unable to make eye contact not because of social anxiety, but for fear of exposing their lack of a soul.
    * Asperger's is a conditioned variation of ADHD, minus the possible side effects and required paperwork for Ritalin.
    * Apart from having another, better, replacement child, there is no way to rid your house of the evil born into it. Such is the curse of the Asperger.
    * Asperger's has no reported cure, much like cancer, which has been around for millennia.
    * No child with Asperger's will feel shame for their ultimate failings; rather, they will embrace it, believing themselves to be unique.
    * Hans Asperger's "little professors" were merely children allowed to wear lab coats and test dangerous chemicals upon one another. They were called the "Asperger Eight". This figure quickly diminished to six, and then three, until only Fritz V. remained.
    * There is no higher functioning form of autism. That is why it is termed "autism" and not "normality".
    * Asperger patients will engage you in long spiels about themselves not because of any inherent misconfigured neurofunction, but because they care more about themselves than they do you.
    * The only way to combat Asperger's is to take away their routine, outlet, and source of sunlight until they learn to conform to society's standards.
    * Hans Asperger was a nazi.
    * Asperger, in late 18th century Austria, was slang for the common American word 'sucker', a play on its deceiving techniques and shameless fraudulence.

http://www.theaspergerslie.com/disclaimer.html

Sophgay

« Reply #2268 on: February 21, 2008, 03:32:14 AM »
lol "one pro-Asperger's hate site, Wrong Planet"

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2269 on: February 21, 2008, 03:35:53 AM »
lol "one pro-Asperger's hate site, Wrong Planet"

Yes, there is a huge rant about the vid on there. Some aspie made the humor and they all took it seriously but they still don't find it funny.

Shame people have to get offended with humor.  :yawn:

GalileoAce

« Reply #2270 on: February 21, 2008, 03:50:06 AM »
Hehehe

GalileoAce

« Reply #2271 on: February 21, 2008, 03:56:53 AM »
I went to send the two guys who created (whom happened to have joined WP to defend their joke) a Private Message on WP, and was created with this message:

Information
Sorry, but the administrator has prevented you from sending private messages.

Alex must fear my seditious writings...

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2272 on: February 21, 2008, 03:58:22 AM »
Can't you defend them publicly?

GalileoAce

« Reply #2273 on: February 21, 2008, 04:03:35 AM »
Can't you defend them publicly?

I'd rather not post on WP..and even if I did it'd be drowned out by all the "woe is me"s and "internet is serious business"s. Too many douches on WP...But then it is run by one.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2274 on: February 21, 2008, 08:43:49 AM »
:LMAO:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2275 on: February 21, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »
No

You know the ones.

Precious!

somethig like that, yes.  the ones whose little angels can do no wrong, even when they're smashing up your house, and the stage school parents who are just going to turn the poor kids into monsters.

don't get me on parents - i taught for 20 years, remember, so i've seen some parents who should've been sterilised at birth.  not just the precious ones, but the ones who fucked up their kids because of their own narrow-minded, or twisted natures.   :grrr:

yes, i'm a bit jaundiced, i'm afraid.

i'm also truama-ed cos i've just noticed i wrote "their" instead of "they're".  i may have to go and lie down for a bit...

shows you how incensed i was, doesn't it?

waaaaaaaaah!

Don't feel too bad.

My most commonly committed typo is an homonym interchange, after the obvious, type-too-many-letters-when-I-can't-feel-anything or the switchback, which is, omit-letters-because-everything-is-tingling bullshit.

It's seems as if homonym interchanges are extremely common in spectrumites. More so than among the commons.

Rest easy. You're among friends.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 02:49:30 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2276 on: February 21, 2008, 03:23:42 PM »
"homonym interchange"...

mmmmmm...

that sounds so... chocolatey

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2277 on: February 21, 2008, 03:30:27 PM »
Chocolatey? ???
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2278 on: February 21, 2008, 03:36:29 PM »
Chocolatey? ???

i'm being odd, sorry.   :crazy:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin