Educational

Author Topic: make someone laugh  (Read 123166 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: make someone laugh
« Reply #450 on: January 24, 2007, 01:56:49 PM »
I was wondering if the answer depends on your comp settings, so I tried it on both my XP and OSX machines, and got the same 'you're a dork' result.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #451 on: January 24, 2007, 06:41:30 PM »
I went back and clicked it again.  Now it says "People don't get your sarcasm, so you've made yourself into a liar.  HAve a nice day."

:P
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #452 on: January 24, 2007, 09:54:29 PM »
I went back and clicked it again.  Now it says "People don't get your sarcasm, so you've made yourself into a liar.  HAve a nice day."

I kept taking the test to see if I could ever get a different result because of you.

:LMAO:

+

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #453 on: January 24, 2007, 10:39:34 PM »

Oh, I got it, but I couldn't very welll bust you until you had a few trophies in the bag.

:laugh:

I+you
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

GalileoAce

« Reply #454 on: January 25, 2007, 03:28:25 AM »
I, too, was onto AspieKitty's joke. I actually had a look at the site's source code, which is as simple as I thought it was :)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #455 on: January 25, 2007, 05:30:54 AM »

What is the first thing you think after reading that?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #456 on: January 25, 2007, 07:17:11 AM »

And

I am having trouble preventing myself from cracking up every couple of minutes.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #457 on: January 25, 2007, 07:55:23 AM »

I wonder if a certain friend of mine would get pissed at me if I sent it to her.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

GalileoAce

« Reply #458 on: January 25, 2007, 08:01:23 AM »

I think several things. "I like that quote."
"Richard Dawkins"
"The Beer Garden"

duncvis

« Reply #459 on: January 25, 2007, 08:06:44 AM »
Every time I think I've seen the limit of stupidity, I find something else... http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/01/24/germs.sponges.reut/index.html

enjoy.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #460 on: January 25, 2007, 08:09:58 AM »
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Reports about a study that found microwave ovens can be used to sterilize kitchen sponges sent people hurrying to test the idea this week -- with sometimes disastrous results.

A team at the University of Florida found that two minutes in the microwave at full power could kill a range of bacteria, viruses and parasites on kitchen sponges.

They described how they soaked the sponges in wastewater and then zapped them. (Microwave zaps germs on sponges.)

But several experimenters evidently left out the crucial step of wetting the sponge.

"Just wanted you to know that your article on microwaving sponges and scrubbers aroused my interest. However, when I put my sponge/scrubber into the microwave, it caught fire, smoked up the house, ruined my microwave, and pissed me off," one correspondent wrote in an e-mail to Reuters....

:LMAO:

+

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #461 on: January 25, 2007, 08:11:43 AM »
The thing that really topped the whole thing off for me was the last line in the advisory the university sent out: "Last, people should be careful when removing the sponge from the microwave as it will be hot."  :laugh:

duncvis

« Reply #462 on: January 25, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »
It makes you wonder how people manage to get themselves dressed and arrive safely at work most mornings without doing something utterly retarded.  :laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #463 on: January 25, 2007, 09:12:15 AM »
 :laugh:
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #464 on: January 25, 2007, 10:03:46 AM »
"Just wanted you to know that your article on microwaving sponges and scrubbers aroused my interest. However, when I put my sponge/scrubber into the microwave, it caught fire, smoked up the house, ruined my microwave, and pissed me off," one correspondent wrote in an e-mail to Reuters.

It made me wonder if the person who complained was actually standing there watching the dry sponge catch fire and burn, but was too dumb to stop the microwave and put out the fire.  I have microwaved some unusual things before, but I was smart enough to wet them first if it was appropriate to do so and also to watch them carefully.