Educational

Author Topic: A visit from the PC brigade  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
A visit from the PC brigade
« on: August 08, 2008, 09:01:42 PM »
I got a message tonight on a dating site, from some ugly 38 year old woman who for some reason had checked out my profile and read it in sufficient detail to pick up a short segment in the middle that read:

Something I wrote somewhere that's relevant to this site:

"On the plus side, her realising that I'm a spazz and running off when she did has saved me from investing time in her only to have her realise that I'm a spazz and run off at a later date. In fact, I could save myself a lot of wasted effort by simply telling all prospective partners to fuck off as soon as they contact me."

Being the good citizen that she was, she sent me a message notifying me of my terribly inappropriate and offensive use of the word 'spazz':

Hey Pedro,
apart from your cheesy pic in the shower,
you should carefully reconsider your use of language, i, fucking, e; spazz in your profile. Highly offensive and derogatory, look that word up if necessary.

Grateful at her heartwarming gesture, I wrote back to thank her:

Thanks for pointing that out; as a person with autism, I had no idea what 'spazz' meant, and had never heard it used in a derogatory sense. Have a nice life.

Anyone else had any noteworthy visits from the PC brigade?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: A visit from the PC brigade
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 09:29:19 PM »
Oh fuck, don't get me started about PC assholes. I once got in trouble by my special ed aide for once for saying the word 'actress', because it implies sexism (I mean the fuck?); also another time I got in trouble for saying handicap (I mean fuck you, I am Autistic, so I can say whatever the fuck I want about myself being Autistic, thank you bitch! I felt like saying that to her; but eh, you can't reason with these fucks). So yeah I've had my fair share of encounters with the PC brigade in real life.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 09:31:31 PM by Nexus »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:39:41 PM »

Grateful at her heartwarming gesture, I wrote back to thank her:

Thanks for pointing that out; as a person with autism, I had no idea what 'spazz' meant, and had never heard it used in a derogatory sense. Have a nice life.

:LMAO:

:plus:

I can't say I have had any visits from the PC brigade as noteworthy as yours, Peter.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 10:02:46 PM »
I remember Eamonn Told Me I should not large cap everything. Because it means shouting. This was the first day on a forum I joined the WP then.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 10:04:55 PM by kevv729 »
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 10:51:07 PM »
I remember Eamonn Told Me I should not large cap everything. Because it means shouting. This was the first day on a forum I joined the WP then.

eamonn as the PC brigade?  i may have to go and lie down, until i stop laughing - kevv, you've made me crack up!

:LMAO:

TheoK

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 04:29:03 AM »
My account on another forum was deleted for posting this:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 07:09:22 AM »
Her reply:

You are welcome,
have a nice life too.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 07:12:52 AM »
Her reply:

You are welcome,
have a nice life too.

You are in mate.  :eyebrows:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

TheoK

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 07:15:30 AM »
"You have posted nazi material on the site. You're not welcome back as a member". I got this in my email after my account was deleted. I reported it as spam.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 07:44:39 AM »

I wonder why...  ::)

TheoK

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 07:59:24 AM »

So do I. What's so horrible with that?

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 10:20:01 AM »
In the UK 'Spaz' is considered as highly offensive as something like 'Nigger'... when I was a child these words were not considered offensive, even though used as playground insults, but they now are.

I've never used the term 'Spaz' because I had a school friend who had cerebral palsy (then called 'Spastic') and by then the term was being used as an insult word. 'Spaz' and other words derived from 'Spastic' are now considered highly offensive in the UK and Europe, though I understand are considered inoffensive in the US.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 10:34:57 AM »
'Spaz',  'Spaz',  'Spaz',  'Spaz',  'Spaz',  'Spaz',  'Spaz',  'Spaz',  'Spaz',  'Spaz',  'Spaz', ..... "Wonderful Spaz", "Wonderful Spaz"...... 'Spaz',  'Spaz',  'Spaz' (sung in tune to Monty Python's "Spam" song)

I am quite offended.

(No seriously, just bored. Good night all.)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 10:41:13 AM »

So do I. What's so horrible with that?
Well not only is it a picture of a nazi band, its also a picture of child slavery. Be bloody thankful you didn't have their mother...

TheoK

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 10:42:32 AM »
Child slavery? In which way?