Educational

Author Topic: The Truth Behind The Gates Of Auschwitz  (Read 16233 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: The Truth Behind The Gates Of Auschwitz
« Reply #240 on: October 30, 2014, 11:50:22 PM »
I can get how someone not living on the European continent can question the numbers. It is massive. Doesn't matter if it was somewhat less or somewhat more than 6 million, it is massive and horrid none the less.
On the European continent that means that in many cities and towns, there is no or hardly a Jewish community left, since WWII. Synagogues have been turned into exhibition rooms or things like that.

No way all those people migrated to Israel. They are gone, and they are gone for good.

It isn't the first, it won't be the last genocide happening. It is the first genocide that happened in such an industrialised way.

+
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #241 on: October 31, 2014, 05:08:09 AM »
I can get how someone not living on the European continent can question the numbers. It is massive. Doesn't matter if it was somewhat less or somewhat more than 6 million, it is massive and horrid none the less.
On the European continent that means that in many cities and towns, there is no or hardly a Jewish community left, since WWII. Synagogues have been turned into exhibition rooms or things like that.

No way all those people migrated to Israel. They are gone, and they are gone for good.

It isn't the first, it won't be the last genocide happening. It is the first genocide that happened in such an industrialised way.

+

The numbers actually do matter, and i'm sick of people saying they don't.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2014, 05:15:12 AM »
When I first started studying the numbers I found it fascinating that the kooks would question the six million figure and then downplay the holocaust based on their opinion that the figure was less. As if one or two or three million would somehow make it something less than an atrocity.

And then, of course, there's the type of kook that denies the holocaust altogether, like the OP of this thread. If you want to know what I think about those, read this thread and the others that Illusion started or posted in.

And there's the Benji type, eagerly parroting others but failing to produce an original thought of any kind. The type of kook that just knows that there is a conspiracy of some kind to be promoted but is too dim to put any of it into any sort of coherence.

Well it doesn't really matter how much of an atrocity something is when you aren't talking about what an atrocity it is. If you're talking about a number of people, it doesn't make sense to just make things up. Especially since it WAS an atrocity. :thumbdn:

No, it doesn't make sense. Look into the matter and you'll find that there are quite a few different estimates, including the commonly quoted six million Jews number. The variations can be explained without inventing conspiracy theories, though, and IIRC, this has been discussed here before.

Attacking the numbers does make sense for the conspiracy nuts, though, which is what is happening here. Sad, really.

::)

That ridiculous. I myself am interested in finding the facts, which is almost impossible because of people "attacking" everything ideologically.

If you're saying that the conspiracy nuts are being ridiculous, I agree. If not, then please rephrase.

But if you are interested in facts, there are plenty of sources online.

No. I am saying the conspiracy nuts and scholars alike are being ridiculous. I am fucking sick of ideologues destroying education.

That doesn't make any sense, Rage. A scholar will not allow an ideology to colour his research.

Ideologues can call themselves scholars and politic their way into academia in order to become a "scholar" who allows ideology to color their research. It happens more often than most would like to think.
I will never stop...

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #243 on: October 31, 2014, 05:20:07 AM »

+

I used "somewhat" wasn't talking about a million less or more.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2014, 11:36:37 AM »

+

I know, but the truth is there is no set number. I think that's ridiculous to be honest.
I will never stop...

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #245 on: October 31, 2014, 02:39:15 PM »
I know, but the truth is there is no set number. I think that's ridiculous to be honest.

Actually, that's what you'd expect. If the exact same number was consistently reported, that would be the sign of a hoax.

The fact that different researchers come up with numbers that are fairly close, but not exact, lends creedence to them.

If you want a better de-bunking of Holocaust BS, read the chapter in Michael Shermer's book, Why People Believe Wierd Things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_People_Believe_Weird_Things
http://www.amazon.com/People-Believe-Weird-Things-Pseudoscience/dp/0805070893

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #246 on: October 31, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »
I would think that such a horrible incident could merit a research effort which yields more final answers. But you know, asspie. :P :asthing:

On the subject of busting pseudoscientist ass, my all time favorite was James Randi. I loved how that guy called people out.
I will never stop...

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2014, 03:52:34 PM »
Michael Shermer is a friend of James Randi, they have worked together on a few projects.

I also like Penn & Teller. Their HBO show, BULLSHIT! was an instant classic.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2014, 07:11:10 PM »
Michael Shermer is a friend of James Randi, they have worked together on a few projects.

I also like Penn & Teller. Their HBO show, BULLSHIT! was an instant classic.

Yeah P&T are great too. The amazing Randi is just my favorite. :P
I will never stop...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #249 on: November 01, 2014, 03:27:51 AM »

+

Read what hyke actually wrote then.

The fact is that--and this has been pointed out by many scholars--there's no way to know the exact numbers. Sadly, this has been used by the tinfoils to prove something else entirely. You might want to focus your anger on those.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #250 on: November 01, 2014, 03:31:54 AM »
When I first started studying the numbers I found it fascinating that the kooks would question the six million figure and then downplay the holocaust based on their opinion that the figure was less. As if one or two or three million would somehow make it something less than an atrocity.

And then, of course, there's the type of kook that denies the holocaust altogether, like the OP of this thread. If you want to know what I think about those, read this thread and the others that Illusion started or posted in.

And there's the Benji type, eagerly parroting others but failing to produce an original thought of any kind. The type of kook that just knows that there is a conspiracy of some kind to be promoted but is too dim to put any of it into any sort of coherence.

Well it doesn't really matter how much of an atrocity something is when you aren't talking about what an atrocity it is. If you're talking about a number of people, it doesn't make sense to just make things up. Especially since it WAS an atrocity. :thumbdn:

No, it doesn't make sense. Look into the matter and you'll find that there are quite a few different estimates, including the commonly quoted six million Jews number. The variations can be explained without inventing conspiracy theories, though, and IIRC, this has been discussed here before.

Attacking the numbers does make sense for the conspiracy nuts, though, which is what is happening here. Sad, really.

::)

That ridiculous. I myself am interested in finding the facts, which is almost impossible because of people "attacking" everything ideologically.

If you're saying that the conspiracy nuts are being ridiculous, I agree. If not, then please rephrase.

But if you are interested in facts, there are plenty of sources online.

No. I am saying the conspiracy nuts and scholars alike are being ridiculous. I am fucking sick of ideologues destroying education.

That doesn't make any sense, Rage. A scholar will not allow an ideology to colour his research.

Ideologues can call themselves scholars and politic their way into academia in order to become a "scholar" who allows ideology to color their research. It happens more often than most would like to think.

Your solution is to question every scholarly attempt instead? What, exactly, are you saying?

And what ideology, or ideologies, are you referring to?

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #251 on: November 01, 2014, 03:33:50 AM »

+

FFS, read up on why this is the case first. :facepalm:

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #252 on: November 01, 2014, 03:35:50 AM »
I would think that such a horrible incident could merit a research effort which yields more final answers.

I suggest you read up on the subject, then.

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #253 on: November 01, 2014, 07:57:58 AM »

+

I have, and it isn't good enough. With the power of our current science, we should be able to find a much more solid truth.
I will never stop...

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2014, 11:46:30 AM »

+

I have, and it isn't good enough. With the power of our current science, we should be able to find a much more solid truth.

Not exactly sure how the 'power of our current science' could be applied to this
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw