Author Topic: Fall-Apart-Ney  (Read 204 times)

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
Fall-Apart-Ney
« on: July 15, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »
It's weird to hear that from a Beatles fan but I really can't stand him. He was always stuck up, most of the music he wrote was boring and mind numbing. He thought he was above the other Beatles. He's a perfect example of a business  man musician.
His face is very annoying to look at.I can't get over how much of a douchee he was.....
a big suck

and is still is......

Park.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Fall-Apart-Ney
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 11:37:52 PM »
So you just like Ringo?

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 10:53:16 PM »
Maybe it's jealousy, given that Paul was the most successful solo artist out of the 4 of them. They were brilliant as a band, and while Paul did write some 'soppy' stuff, most of the stuff he did was well and truly above what a lot of the other musicians did, then and now. Take Band on the Run for eg; the whole album is one of the best recorded. Wild-Life was brilliant and Venus and Mars had some really good stuff to. But when you consider that all four outsold anyone else, either together or solo, it proves how good they really were. And that includes Elvis.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 11:16:59 PM »
Maybe it's jealousy, given that Paul was the most successful solo artist out of the 4 of them. They were brilliant as a band, and while Paul did write some 'soppy' stuff, most of the stuff he did was well and truly above what a lot of the other musicians did, then and now. Take Band on the Run for eg; the whole album is one of the best recorded. Wild-Life was brilliant and Venus and Mars had some really good stuff to. But when you consider that all four outsold anyone else, either together or solo, it proves how good they really were. And that includes Elvis.

I agree on some parts like some of his stuff IS good but he just seems so boring.
His best song in The Beatles was probably Eleanore Rigby. The kind of song that kids who dye their hair black would go "it's so emotional!"
I don''t know how many kids in high school used to tell me that but it as a lot.
The kids aways wanted to borrow my Beatles CD's but I would refuse cause their not loyal freinds.

The best songwriter in The Beatles was John Lennon. You can't argue over that. He has written far better stuff than "Imagine" like
"I don't want to be a solider mama" "working class hero" and my most favorite "Gimmie some truth"
Lennon had the punk rocker in him.
Park.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 01:07:07 AM »

I agree on some parts like some of his stuff IS good but he just seems so boring.
His best song in The Beatles was probably Eleanore Rigby. The kind of song that kids who dye their hair black would go "it's so emotional!"
I don''t know how many kids in high school used to tell me that but it as a lot.
The kids aways wanted to borrow my Beatles CD's but I would refuse cause their not loyal freinds.

The best songwriter in The Beatles was John Lennon. You can't argue over that. He has written far better stuff than "Imagine" like
"I don't want to be a solider mama" "working class hero" and my most favorite "Gimmie some truth"
Lennon had the punk rocker in him.

If you want some good interpretations of some Beatle songs, especially Harrison ones, get the Concert for George DVD. Jeff Lynne sounds eerily like him on a couple of tracks; and when Dhani, Paul, Ringo, and Eric Clapton play 'Gently Weeps' as well as 'Something', it is mindblowing.