Author Topic: These fucking ants  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: These fucking ants
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 03:27:31 PM »
 :laugh:

:indeed:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 04:17:44 PM »
Lucky we are going into winter here so there are less, but this summer was MAD for ants, the fuckers were everywhere no matter how clean the place was. It's meant to be the weather that we are having, more ants around and all, same with roaches. We never have roaches, but this summer, we had about half a dozen. sickening.

I'd gladly swap slugs for roaches.  The slugs here slither into the kitchen through the air vents, and cruise around the sink and cooker, leaving a slime trail as they go.  They also cover the path, making it disgusting to walk on, and the ones that get stepped on are eaten by the others.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 05:04:48 PM »
Lucky we are going into winter here so there are less, but this summer was MAD for ants, the fuckers were everywhere no matter how clean the place was. It's meant to be the weather that we are having, more ants around and all, same with roaches. We never have roaches, but this summer, we had about half a dozen. sickening.

I'd gladly swap slugs for roaches.  The slugs here slither into the kitchen through the air vents, and cruise around the sink and cooker, leaving a slime trail as they go.  They also cover the path, making it disgusting to walk on, and the ones that get stepped on are eaten by the others.

Slugs go in your houses :o   Scotland home of the killer slugs who would have guessed
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 07:17:05 PM »
Slugs and bare feet are the worst.

You know what else is annoying, These fucking mosquitoes! I got bites all over me and no matter how much Polysporin I put on it still itches like crazy. The mosquitoes love my blood for some reason cause other people don't get bitten as much as me.
Park.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 07:18:41 PM »
Slugs go in your house too :o  I have never seen one indoors
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 08:16:32 PM »
Can't believe I forgot this in my earlier post...

The time I was working at the animal sanctuary where I volunteer on weekends, slogging through palmettos while up against a fence watching out for the carnivorous beast on the other side, and getting a banana spider right in the face when I walked into its web.  To give you an idea of how big those fuckers are, here's a random pic I found on an image search, of one on somebody's hand:

Another time while working there, I was helping to prune the palm trees.  (If you've never been near palm trees, some of them are frickin' huge and have fronds about 15 feet long, and about 20 feet off the ground.)  I was facing upward and using a pole saw to take down a high frond, and had a gray Cuban toad fall and land on my face.

Also, my apartment has a store room off the balcony.  Once, hundreds of ladybugs wintered in the doorjamb for a couple of weeks before moving on.  Ladybugs are cool, so any time I needed to get into the store room, I was very careful not to squish any of them when opening and closing the door.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 08:48:31 AM »
I have just two words for ants, Boric Acid....

Don't we get enough of that for you in the rainwater, already?

LMFAO,   did you mean "Acid Rain"?!   That only comes from fossil (oil/gas/coal) plants.    Here at nuke-mart we emit no greenhouse gasses, 'cept the guy in the cubicle next to me. 

But we do use boric acid, to absorb decay neutrons in our spent fuel pool.   Boron has a high thermal neutron cross-section for absorption, but it is also extremely toxic, especially to inscets.  Burns out their underbellies and feet/mouths, etc.

So you can feel safe now.   

« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 11:32:23 AM by driftingblizzard »
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 12:22:40 PM »
I have just two words for ants, Boric Acid....

Don't we get enough of that for you in the rainwater, already?

LMFAO,   did you mean "Acid Rain"?!   That only comes from fossil (oil/gas/coal) plants.    Here at nuke-mart we emit no greenhouse gasses, 'cept the guy in the cubicle next to me. 

But we do use boric acid, to absorb decay neutrons in our spent fuel pool.   Boron has a high thermal neutron cross-section for absroption, but it is also extremely toxic, especially to inscets.  Burns out their underbellies and feet/mouths, etc.

So you can feel safe now.   

LMFAO

OK, thanks for that. I do feel much safer than you could possibly be.

When was the last time you checked your rain water for interest?

Dude, if I had your morning mist I might not have to buy the eyedrops I use.

:D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 12:39:01 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 02:35:22 PM »
:GA:

I fucking HATE ants and I fucking HATE slugs and I fucking HATE spiders.

I shouldn't have read this thread.  :grrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline driftingblizzard

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 07:19:51 AM »

We have black widows (I almost picked one up with some leaves the other day, they look just like the pictures, round, shinney black with a blood red hour glass on the belly).  Did you see the news story about the guy that tried to get imune to his pet black widow.  Let it bight him, he didn't get medical help, and the last thing he did before he passed out was opened all his insect and exotic pet cages in his house.  when authorities found him, all of the creatures had been feeding on his body for several weeks.....

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 08:48:36 AM »
^Thanks for that image....right before I go to bed....
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 08:52:46 AM »

We have black widows (... they look just like the pictures, round, shinney black with a blood red hour glass on the belly).  .......

:LMAO:

This is quality comedy!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 09:10:28 AM »

We have black widows (I almost picked one up with some leaves the other day, they look just like the pictures, round, shinney black with a blood red hour glass on the belly).  Did you see the news story about the guy that tried to get imune to his pet black widow.  Let it bight him, he didn't get medical help, and the last thing he did before he passed out was opened all his insect and exotic pet cages in his house.  when authorities found him, all of the creatures had been feeding on his body for several weeks.....

"Nature,"  (I think it was) a couple of night s ago ran a story about how the forensic study of the processes involved with various insects depleting a body can be used to solve murders.

Then they got into DNA testing of larvae and pollen grains to nail a killer.

Cool.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 09:12:11 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline driftingblizzard

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 09:57:47 AM »
^Thanks for that image....right before I go to bed....

Here is a more visual image...   for the visually impaired.  Sweet dreams!

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline reborn 2005 at 40

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 12:01:25 PM »
 I have a problem with very little worms that come out of the woodwork and seem to like white paper and cloth. It's damn annoying when I occasionally find one in my bed, and nothing I try gets rid of them. But I guess that it's better than having cockroaches, ants, and spiders. What I really hate is when a millipede/centipede gets in the house, because it's so hard to kill them.
My Aspie alter-ego is Pinktiehouse