Author Topic: Prove your AS!  (Read 5824 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Prove your AS!
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2016, 06:22:09 AM »
Precisely.

I am a dyed-in-the-wool (ew ew ew wool is the physical incarnation of loathesome) Kanner's spazz. A spazz-damn-proud-of-it-tech. (spelling intentional, if you see what I did there)

And when younger was even more so, and you know something, I'd give a lot to have the more-so back. Curebie filth, go roll a joint of THAT and smoke it!

Yes, I'm very much a classic phenotype, yes, I am millitant as hell. No, I don't give half a decaying dungpile what anybody thinks about that. And perdition am I going to change. For one, I do not have that ability. And for two, if I could I'd do the exact opposite. 'regress'? I didn't think of it that way when I was young. I saw it as (metaphorically speaking) fucking christmas come twice.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2016, 06:35:51 AM »
I don't like or dislike how I see the world. I just do, I know no other way.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2016, 11:01:00 AM »
I assume this has evolved into a discussion from a pissing contest so:

The train wreck ADHD was diagnosed by a psychiatrist, and the Asperger's is part of my hospital record for a hospital in MA which shall remain unnamed. Given the jobs I tend to hold, it's better that the AS not be part of a record that could be found, say, by someone hacking into insurance records, etc. For what it's worth, I had an accommodation with the agency I worked for the longest. They helped by explaining social interactions and rules that went over my head. When I went from full to part time, my going away gift was a book entitled, "All cat's have Asperger's." I miss working there.

Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2016, 11:12:43 AM »
Pissing contest? not, I hope in my name or on my behalf. I simply am who I am, and I actually did much prefer what some, not those here I imagine, would term 'severe'. I was simply trying to say that I do not see it that way from the other side of the glass. Or bubble, rather. Best I know how to put it. Shiny, somewhat elastic (which I am grateful for), pliable-ish and very, very iridescent bubble, in a synaesthetic manner of speaking. Predominantly a kind of lithium-ion flame pink, with a lot of scaly, opal stone-like iridescence. (black opal, rather than white, although the pinkish, burning lithium metal-tinged bright pink is somewhat similar to the white kind, the blue end of the 'psychevisual spectrum is similar to black opal. I think if one were to dissect that in psychological terms it suits my personality and outlook, in that blue colors are strongly associated with the cold, icy aspects of the world whilst red colors, being at opposite ends of the spectrum, in terms of physics, energy levels of the associated wavelengths of light, are associated with fire, heat, activity. I am somewhat frenetic in activity that draws me, but sanguine, distant, aloof and generally stone cold. But with others, primarily, especially relationships, I am very, very intense, although still distant. I look out on things and am, as in that psychopathy/sociopathy thread, a planner, an analyser before acting, save in extremity. My approach to most of life is one of a surgeon with a pair of tweezers a microscope and a dental probe.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2016, 02:48:35 PM »
This thread was never about proving your AS. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2016, 03:25:19 PM »
I am now curious.

As to how the inwards subjectie perception of the outisde world and if this bubble-like perception is in common with others on the spectrumm and am curious as to if so, how it may differ from phenotype to phenotype

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2016, 04:20:38 PM »

my mistake. i tend to take things literally.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2016, 04:23:07 PM »

From reading the OP, seems like it was. Not necessarily proving a diagnosis, but rather detailing symptoms.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2016, 09:30:35 PM »
my list is rather long and as disorganized as my room.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2016, 11:24:17 PM »

Then what was it about?

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2016, 09:05:18 PM »
Lol wolfy. I know the feeling. Mine is way overdue for a huge clearout. And since actually I very rarely use it anymore (I find my bedsprings hurt my hips for one thing, and have to sleep with a pillow between my knees. Although thats only one reason. I was thinking I could just use all the shelving and such that haven't got books on or indeed anywhere close to them, for keeping more lab glassware and reagents that do not show corrosive properties, that are not pyrophoric (pyrophoric meaning they burst into flames on contact with air, or in some cases on contact with the atmospheric (or from any other source of course) water vapor. n-BuLi would be a good example. Lol I've heard some funny tales about people pissing about with syringes that they use to transfer the stuff from bottle (they have self-sealing rubber layers on them through which to plunge a cannula, attached to a syringe, and then quickly transfer that in an air-free glovebox to a similar selfhealing septum placed over the relevant neck of the reaction flask), but instead of doing that, just loading up the large syringes containing for example, the butyllithium, phenyllithium, methyllithium, sodium hydride etc. dissolved as a solution in toluene and, in the atmosphere(!) simply  depressing the plunger. Never done it but apparently you get a really neat arcing jet of flames, as the alkyl- or aryllithium in (highly flammable) tolly autoignites the moment it leaves the tip of the syringe cannula, bursting into flame as it travels through the air :D

Call us chemist types big kids at heart, but we are a very well known crowd for japes like that, where its safe to piss about. The prototypical example being the potassium party, or sodium party. Meaning a crowd gathers, bringing the alkali metal or metals in question with them, and proceed to get drunk (or indulge in whatever else that a person may prefer in place of, or along with the drinking, and generally proceed to have a riotous time tossing lumps of sodium or potassium metal into water, pouring in the liquid NAK alloy (Na-K, an alloy in various proportions of sodium and potassium is a liquid at room temperature and as it instantly spreads out on a water surface, the entire surface area, rather than just part of it immediately goes BOOOOOMFFFCRACKLKCRACKCRACKCRACK! as it initially explodes, blasting the remainder of the liquid alloy up high into the air, from whence it of course, must come down. Resulting in it raining molten, exploding pyrophoric metal. Or/and using various pressurized launchers, always homebuilt and a pleasure to see someone's efforts in their personal design of sodium/potassium-cannons (think spudgun, loaded with exploding ammunition rather than potatoes, generally powered by an electrically triggered sparkgap in a chamber that is designed to contain a mixture of oxygen or air, and one, or more combustible gases to provide the pressure and launch the projectile into a body of water.

Its hilarious fun doing it too. I remember a time in school where we had an empty fish tank, and I was...ahem...somewhat responsible for potassium (which is FAR more reactive and boom-ey compared to Na for people to lark about with.) being taken out in the belief of the person adding it to water, that it was indeed the requested sodium metal. A large chunk(!!! bwahahahahaha !!!) was cut from this block of potassium, about the size of a gobstopper, and tossed into the tank full of water. The tank did survive the experience since there was nothing to confine the shockwave coming from the blast, the lid was not on, but instead of skittering round on fire on the surface of the water, crackling and popping, you just heard 'now we are going to add the sodium t.....WHOOOOOOOOMMMPPP!CRACKRACKRACKRAKCRAKKKLEBOOOMFFsplassplashsplashbang! bang! bang!bang bang!'

Because it ignited instantly, exploded with a thump, blowing the potassium, molten now, right up onto the ceiling, and as luck (or rather, gleeful scheming) would have it, that patch of the ceiling that just so...err..happened...by chance of course;) to be directly under that tank of water. Exploded up onto the roof, then proceeded to come down as splattering melted potassium metal 'rain', falling every time back into the fish tank and being sent back up to rejoin the blob of potassium that had been.err...'persuaded' to audition for the part of a light fitting in SOMEONE's new theatrical production and from there, come back down again into the fish tank, in smaller and smaller portions each time, some being blown away, some burnt and some turned to caustic potash (potassium hydroxide, KOH) in the reaction with the water.

Everybody else in the room DIVED for cover under the tables, science teacher included IIRC.  Or if she didn't then certainly got the hell outa dodge!.

I was more or less the only one still left standing there, admiring the purrty purpleish violet flames and gleefully basking in the utter, absolute and total uncontainable pure hilarity of the whole sequence of events. (K metal burns, as long as it be free from sodium, which burns with a characteristic orange flame, likewise its ions imbue a gas jet flame, if a bit of wire dipped in salt solution be introduced into a flame. Potassium on the other hand is easily covered up but gives a gorgeous shade of pale lilac-mauve-ey purpley blue.)

Shit, I still remember that day, it was an absolutely perfect valve to let loose the pressure cooker of day to day school stresses. Went off with a tremendous thump, though, and lots of crackling, popping, snapping, banging and sparking as it kept exploding.  My, my, my my my those where the days. Such fun to be had that day in particular. That little jolly jape certainly kept me in amusement for several whole entire hours worth of inner cackling, snorffling myself silly until no more snorffles could be snorffled. Of course do not worry about me, though because that has recovered. *snorffle*

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2016, 10:41:53 PM »

From reading the OP, seems like it was. Not necessarily proving a diagnosis, but rather detailing symptoms.

Maybe the OP. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2016, 10:42:21 PM »

Then what was it about?

The same as everything else here. Banter.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2016, 11:08:59 AM »
my list is rather long and as disorganized as my room.

A very adequate summary of all the details.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!