Educational

Author Topic: Prove your AS!  (Read 5826 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Prove your AS!
« on: July 10, 2006, 11:24:14 PM »
Since people are being accused of not really having AS, I thought I'd start a thread where we can talk about what AS symptoms we have.

Some of mine:

-Obsessive (mainly media related- TV shows, celebrities, music, internet etc.) Fascination with the paranormal, astrology, psychological disorders, children.
-Obsessive about orderliness.
-I like to memorize charts and keep the clothes in my closet in color order.
-Very quiet IRL, often almost mute. (I almost never initiate conversations and never know what to talk about and always worry about saying the wrong thing since I do a lot.)
-I avoid eye contact a lot, unless I'm at least a little comfortable around the person. I never use gestures (unless it's the bird  ;))
-Trouble knowing how to react to certain situations.
-Take things literally (sometimes) and have trouble understanding jokes.
-Limited facial expressions (often look like I'm frowning even if I'm not).
-Some mild sensory issues (there is a very limited amount of foods I'll eat, sensitive to smell and occasionally noise)
-Trouble with abstract concepts, such as geometry.
-Poor motor skills. My parents were told this when I was in kindergarten. I didn't learn how to ride a bike until I was 12, I can't skate, etc.

What are your AS symptoms?

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
Re: Prove your AS!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 11:28:44 PM »
One I know of.  Overstimulation, that does not make an AS patron.  You need 3 at least.  That is dealt with easily, and is a factor of mood.  That makes me wonder if I even have such a problem.

Healthy obessions not a problem
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 11:30:07 PM »
it turns out that i am not AS at all, i was just on speed.  :laugh:
Misunderstood.

hiroshima

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 11:33:34 PM »
Obsessive.  Mute or close to it IRL.  I think in colors.  I feel like my body is a stranger to me (physical awkwardness).

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 11:35:39 PM »

Alex, stop using McJ's account!  :laugh:

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 11:36:33 PM »
YES and I was and tired too.  I said I would act like it, just to make you feal better! I could do so very easily.  I memorized symptoms and have studied people on forums, because I have never seen some of the symptoms in action.  Another choosen career, psychologist.  Maybe I could out act Leven Rambin. It would be kind of easy.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

McJ

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 11:38:33 PM »

Alex, stop using McJ's account!  :laugh:

And give back my dam hypodermic syringe

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 11:58:17 PM »
Since people are being accused of not really having AS, I thought I'd start a thread where we can talk about what AS symptoms we have.

Some of mine:

-Obsessive (mainly media related- TV shows, celebrities, music, internet etc.) Fascination with the paranormal, astrology, psychological disorders, children.
-Obsessive about orderliness.
-I like to memorize charts and keep the clothes in my closet in color order.
-Very quiet IRL, often almost mute. (I almost never initiate conversations and never know what to talk about and always worry about saying the wrong thing since I do a lot.)
-I avoid eye contact a lot, unless I'm at least a little comfortable around the person. I never use gestures (unless it's the bird  ;))
-Trouble knowing how to react to certain situations.
-Take things literally (sometimes) and have trouble understanding jokes.
-Limited facial expressions (often look like I'm frowning even if I'm not).
-Some mild sensory issues (there is a very limited amount of foods I'll eat, sensitive to smell and occasionally noise)
-Trouble with abstract concepts, such as geometry.
-Poor motor skills. My parents were told this when I was in kindergarten. I didn't learn how to ride a bike until I was 12, I can't skate, etc.

What are your AS symptoms?

Having clothes in color order is efficent, to me.  It would be obesssive if you got distress when its not like that. My experience with facial expressions is if you are in a good mood you will use them, and the same goes with eye contact and starting conversations. The juice don't flow when mood is bad.  Intresting article points to vitamin a deficency as the cause of lack of eye contact.  That would be from chronic mild grade measles infection in the intestion, from the shot. Poor immune system I bet.  That can be fixed easily.  Getting abstract idea and social things can be gotten eventually. Brains adapt. Sensory issues is related to endorphin metabolism problems. Socialization increases endorphins and if the metabolism is impaired, you will tend to shy away to prevent overstimulation the metabolism of endorphins.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 12:00:17 AM »
Now you can cure AS?  :o

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 12:01:55 AM »
I can certainly improve it.  Mine seems to be going away.  I had it bad when I was younger and more retarded.

Anyone confused yet?

I am just warming up!

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 12:04:30 AM »
I talked early and my first word was complicated.  I grew quite and my walking was delayed.  I had casts on my feet.  I cried at parties, would not socialize.  My mom could not hold me.  It just started going away on its own.  I just gave it a  slap
 also. >:D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:22:44 AM by fluorescent »

Spread your legs woman!

McJ

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 12:12:17 AM »
I can certainly improve it.  Mine seems to be going away.  I had it bad when I was younger and more retarded.

Anyone confused yet?

I am just warming up!

Is it possible?
I am already!
Emo  frozen!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 05:24:30 AM »
Come to the light! :angel:

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 06:35:18 AM »
I am not cracking a joke.  This is one of my chosen careers, and I am happy Carla put such a thread up.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 06:39:28 AM »
I memorized things my clinical social worker told me, and so could repeat them back to people who need it.  I can think abstractly also, I am good at that too.  Personaly I need a regular social worker or psychologist who is trained to do emdr work for truama.  That has subsided mostly also, but there is still some left.

I love this thread!
I love helping people!

Spread your legs woman!