Educational

Author Topic: Split from Ask hiro thread  (Read 4471 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Split from Ask hiro thread
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2006, 02:01:38 PM »
all of the above still misses the point, mcj.  it's not about people having a voice, or whether to make stuff public or not, or anything else you've stated above.  it's about people having very little information on which to form opinions, and then being told their opinions are wrong/not viable/damaging/silencing others, when they've asked for more info, and not got it.

from the start, the whole thing was confused, with hiro apparently talkig to himself, you accusing him of all sorts without giving any reason why, etc., etc.

let's start again, and then we can stop getting ourselves any deeper into the confused shit this has turned into:  your quoting me shows me that there's a miscommunication going on somewhere, as what i've said above has nothing to do with what i said in the quotations.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2006, 02:40:44 PM »
We have a responsibility to see each side in the best way We can see it. Not to be Judgemental in the process or how two members respond to what is happening. The Issue is not protection or somebody asking a member to leave. The Issue is how is best for this site how to handle it in the end. We all as Individuals may handle it in different ways does that make it more right or wrong no. Some may show concerns for a fellow member here and there is that wrong no. Maybe We should step back and wait to see how they respond to this situation how they conduct themselves because of this situation in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2006, 03:26:39 PM »
I gave my opinion because people often do on these ask away threads, and its never been a problem before- I  was gobsmacked by the idea that anyone would  be asked to leave and so I said so.  You can call me names, insist that I'm excusing his behaviour or trying to silence a victim but the fact remains I expressed an opinion on a comment made in public, something you wouldn't normally have a problem with, but this time you did.   How the hell is anyone supposed to know when its alright by you to have an opinion?  And yet you tell me I'm wrong that there's a double standard round here when quite clearly you do have different standards for different members and different situations.

I have no desire to go round in circles on this subject with you- I expressed my opinion and I have made it clear why I did, and also what I was not trying to do.  I did not make the comment as a prelude to a fight or call out- the only reason this has carried on as long as it as was because I was put in the position of having to defend my comment. 
   Some advice for the future- making it clear that you have no respect for the person  you are trying to put your point of view across to [or their opinions] puts them in a defensive mode and makes them less likely to want to walk away from a discussion.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »
ok then.

perhaps kevv is right  8).  and perhaps we should hear from the interreswted party, first. :'(
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2006, 04:36:40 PM »
all of the above still misses the point, mcj.  it's not about people having a voice, or whether to make stuff public or not, or anything else you've stated above.  it's about people having very little information on which to form opinions, and then being told their opinions are wrong/not viable/damaging/silencing others, when they've asked for more info, and not got it.

from the start, the whole thing was confused, with hiro apparently talkig to himself, you accusing him of all sorts without giving any reason why, etc., etc.

let's start again, and then we can stop getting ourselves any deeper into the confused shit this has turned into:  your quoting me shows me that there's a miscommunication going on somewhere, as what i've said above has nothing to do with what i said in the quotations.

this sounds like a hipocritical statement.  it seems like people need details and that is just perverse.  especially when there is enough information on the boards to formulate a reasonable assessment of the situation.
not my problem if you remain fixed in your selective understanding mode.
not my fault if you are not a person who backs up their words, when it falls outside of your specific agenda.

hmmmm.

you make me curious about so many things.

and i will repeat what i've said elsewhere: you (and this isn't just to kevv) can (misguidedly) call me politically correct all you like, but while there is ONE WOMAN who cannot speak up for herself - or any other member of an "out group" - then i shall speak up for them, and you can try and bully ME into silence as much as you like.

you may continue to bully me if you wish, lucifer, since i am not going to reveal my hand to you or anybody else in public.  why should i?  would you, if you were doing your best to represent the voiceless crowd.  would you get a little irate if someone was posting OUT Of PLACE, and put those goals in jeopardy.  i highly doubt that yopu wouldn't as it seems you profess to be  (thus the hipocricy).
at least when i had a series of questions for you, and your replies were doubletalk and ambiguous, i had the courrtesy to drop it and take you at your ambiguous word for it.

make up your mind lucifer, which side of the fence are you going to sit on.  and just because i have the propensity to act a bit immature at times doesn't make mine  a less noble venture than what you claim yours are.

furthermore, i know you quit smoking, but why don't you put that in your pipe and smoke it?

or do you prefer apples?
Misunderstood.

Postperson

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2006, 04:59:19 PM »
You seem obsessed with hiro, mcJ.

like captain Ahab was with the white whale.

i only know hiro from this site, but some of you seem to know him from neurolands. did you have some history with him there mcJ?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 05:07:11 PM by Postperson »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2006, 08:57:58 PM »
yes a history of support for him.

the consistency by which the claims have come accross my desk began to show a pattern.  i did not judge him lightly.  i still don't.  its just that the unwritten rules need to be established here so this type of actions which occur under cover of the night,  need plugging.  i am very pleased at the courageous actions of the women to come forward.
i don't appreciate hiro's callous replies.
the fact is that these women feel violated.  perhaps some consideration should be made that these feelings are valid...

am i the only one who see's the pattern here.  he is more than welcome to post whatever he wants in the public forums, but, this pattern of abuse, to married and vulnerable women, in private correspondance is completely unacceptable.
Misunderstood.

Postperson

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2006, 09:01:58 PM »
you have a lot of private correspondence with some of those women too don't you? shima for example.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2006, 09:02:36 PM »
with several people not involved as well.
Misunderstood.

McJ

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2006, 09:07:37 PM »
especially when there is enough information on the boards to formulate a reasonable assessment of the situation.

I concur, lest look at the record

triste 36.5% of all post in the Sex Forums

hiro sex forums = 0%

McJ

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2006, 09:08:24 PM »
with several people not involved as well.

The Saga lives

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2006, 09:17:04 PM »
especially when there is enough information on the boards to formulate a reasonable assessment of the situation.

I concur, lest look at the record

triste 36.5% of all post in the Sex Forums

hiro sex forums = 0%

be warned ladies, he is telling you how he selects his victims.  at least on of them.

don't you have some questions in the main event?  this will ne the last time i ask.
Misunderstood.

McJ

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2006, 09:21:11 PM »
i just got out the hospitle, i have not made it to that thread yat

care to join for a fucking change???

hiroshima

Re: Ask hiro thread
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2006, 09:37:11 PM »
I find it absurd when we have thread titles like 'who would you stalk at WP'. I don't know why you go for the UberNT stuff, but you do.

How is that thread any more absurb than other threads here, like donating your cadaver to necrophiliacs or the shagging thread?

Also it was a nostaligic wink the thread that threw the first intensity in the slammer, posted on one of the first days of I2's existence.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2006, 09:42:02 PM »
the distinction is that it occured in public.
Misunderstood.