Author Topic: Split from Ask hiro thread  (Read 4464 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Ask hiro thread
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2006, 11:26:18 AM »
Throwing around the "abuse" card does not help your case. I am not going to jump on it and become all meek and back down, just because it's "abuse" - or "racism" or "sexism" or any of these other loaded words that come with an automatic socio-political viewpoint which is met with blind hostility if it is not adopted.

good, then back down.
simple.  you know the game plan, i am not going to reveal my hand.  which is why i am having a difficult time with you chiming in on this.  you know better and you know my intent.  and my intent has never been to run him off.  and YOU KNOW THAT.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2006, 11:28:10 AM »
people know that when they come here they will be held accountable for their words.  how can someone be held accountable for their words when they are occuring under the cover of darkness?
thats a cowards way.

True, and I think Hiro should get his ass out here and defend himself. Though I can see why he might not want to, since his verbal skills are worse than the rest of the people in the argument, and I'm sure he's as aware as you are of how intolerant our society can be to perceived rapists.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2006, 11:28:51 AM »
Which is fine. But if she has a pattern of sensitivity, and she can't deal with the consequences, then it would not be wise or healthy for her to risk spending time on an uncensored site.

and this is the largest load of crap that you have written to date.
she knows the consequences of the public forums and that she will be held accountable for her words.  i personally guaranteed that she did know that with private correspondance, explainiung what this site was all about.

she didn't sign up to be abused in private.  nobody here has.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2006, 11:30:44 AM »
I agree. I support that. I support Triste speaking up, and I support you defending her, and I support PI and Vetivert giving you shit for it. And I also support Hiro, who until this argument right here did not have anybody but Postperson sticking up for him. So I'm going to continue to give my opinion.
more crap.

did you read the peanut gallery responses while i was demonstrating my rare capacity for being patient.  PP was not the only one.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 11:32:53 AM »
hiro has every right to ignore triste, just as triste has every right to ignore PI.  but shouldsn't we have heard from hiro first, rather than lend him a false sense of security?

Yes, in an ideal world. But by the time I got here, you and PI had already been going at it for a page - there was no time to salvage what you wanted. So I added my two cents. I'm thinking we should move this hijack out of hiro's thread though, and into the main event - what do you think?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006, 11:33:17 AM »
and furthermore, i was fighting this battle alone.  until some of the victims decided to come forward for themselves.
which BTW, lends support to exactly some of the things i told you.
i would hope that the victims can gain a voice.  that is always the ultimate goal.
my problem came when they tried and were questioned by someone other than who their voice was intended for, in their own personal ask away thread.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2006, 11:34:52 AM »
my problem came when they tried and were questioned by someone other than who their voice was intended for, in their own personal ask away thread.

Okay, I may be confused about that part, because by the time I got here, Triste's request was in Hiro's thread - are you saying it started off in Triste's thread or something?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2006, 11:37:05 AM »
True. Triste asked him to leave. You support Triste which could be implied that you also want him to leave. But you did not actually ask him to leave.

on the contrary, have you read my reply to him in the main event?

Yes, but I'm confused what point you're trying to make here. I said it could be implied - not that you intended it, not that it was implied. I do see the part of your main event thread where you say you don't hold a grudge and presumably that you also hope Hiro can stay.
i said that he has a choice as to how much he gets scarred.

he will likely feel some embarrassment, but he will get over it.
what does that imply.  it implies that if he doesn't get over it then he will leave.  i said he WOULD get over it which implies he stays.

also in the link above i also stated that sometimess people need to see actions before they can trust again.  how can they see his actions if he were to leave.

i never implied any such thing that he should leave.

i did state that if i was forced to choose, i would choose that the victims remain.  they could learn more from this place than someone who uses the cover of the night to abuse people.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2006, 11:40:01 AM »
people know that when they come here they will be held accountable for their words.  how can someone be held accountable for their words when they are occuring under the cover of darkness?
thats a cowards way.

True, and I think Hiro should get his ass out here and defend himself. Though I can see why he might not want to, since his verbal skills are worse than the rest of the people in the argument, and I'm sure he's as aware as you are of how intolerant our society can be to perceived rapists.

i stand by my comment that it is a form of rape and that he preys on vulnerable women specifically.

he needs help, and we can teach each other as a community, setting our own set of morals.

and onmce again you are being hipocritical.  why don't you want to understand why one of the victims may have a hard time explaining themselves, especially on a site as brutal as this one can be.

the main problum is the unpublic behaviour
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2006, 11:41:23 AM »

Okay, I may be confused about that part, because by the time I got here, Triste's request was in Hiro's thread - are you saying it started off in Triste's thread or something?

i am saying that triste broughht it to the appropriate venue (here in hiros thread)  why couldn't we have waited for hiro to reply?  it is his thread after all.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2006, 11:42:27 AM »
i stand by my comment that it is a form of rape and that he preys on vulnerable women specifically.

he needs help, and we can teach each other as a community, setting our own set of morals.

and onmce again you are being hipocritical.  why don't you want to understand why one of the victims may have a hard time explaining themselves, especially on a site as brutal as this one can be.

the main problum is the unpublic behaviour

I want to give you a decent answer to this, but I first want to get this mess out of Hiro's thread. However I don't want to move it without confirmation from someone else (anyone!) that it's a good idea, since I'm personally involved and don't want to use admin influence unfairly.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Split from Ask hiro thread
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2006, 11:52:09 AM »
OK, I agree it is a good idea and I split this from the Ask Hiro Thread back to Triste's post there, since the rest since then was a hijack.

Maybe now we can all wait for Hiro to respond to Triste.

Callaway as Admin

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2006, 11:54:45 AM »
Thanks, Callaway.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2006, 12:09:01 PM »
why don't you want to understand why one of the victims may have a hard time explaining themselves, especially on a site as brutal as this one can be.

Because I have personal issues with Triste. Actually it goes a ways beyond Triste, she just happens to be an example of it. I haven't called her out because my issues with her didn't seem important enough, in the same way that my dislike of peegai wasn't really worth a main event callout (though in retrospect I probably should have called Triste). Also, I couldn't yet see a way for good to come of it. So I was just staying away from her for the most part. But when it looked like her actions might actually drive Hiro away (because both of them are insecure and sensitive) - since Triste already had you, I thought that what was needed was for someone to speak up on Hiro's behalf.

I know that victims can have a hard time explaining themselves. I'm somewhat confused that you, who have been so intolerant of the difficulties of someone like Neuroman, would be so quick to leap to Triste's defense when it's essentially the same issue. My first instinct is to draw gender lines, but I could easily be wrong about that. Anyway - I ultimately don't have a problem with your actions here. Do you have a problem with mine?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2006, 12:29:01 PM »
no i dont hold grudges.
i dont care enough to.  hey, i invited sean over for a BBQ.  ;)

if i was to look deep inside me i would say yeah, its probably gender bias.  but i cannot say for sure.  the truth probably is that i actually have a deep respect for women and their plight.  but my macho image is the one i portray. ???

i gave neuroman a shitload of chances to come clean.  he hurt alot of people and he unfairly judged them.  then he took my creaqtive concept and claimned it for his own.  i have been working on forgiving him, i have a grudge because i cared deeply for him.  but i am learning more and more that there is a possibility of multiple personality issues with neuroman, and he honestly doesn't realize that he has fabricated alot of shit.

you are mor evolved than i.
Misunderstood.