Author Topic: How are you feeling right now?  (Read 126926 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: How are you feeling right now?
« Reply #11265 on: July 03, 2011, 03:22:10 PM »
Really miserable. After a day and a night of almost overdosing on every painkiller I can and still be weeping and at times screaming in pain I've just had enough. I'm too sick to make it to hospital and I just feel so pathetic. There's so many different types of pain going on in so many places in my leg and they're all awful.  :'(

Oh shit.

Can anyone help you to the hospital?

With that much pain, so many days after the op, they should come up with a more effective way of painkilling, or find out what went wrong. Being in agony is not making you heal faster at all.

Couple of years ago hospital kept telling my ex to keep overdosing on every painkiller, during bank holidays. Till we finally got him there again. Smart doctor, identifying what was wrong, what the options were, and then checking painkillers, sending him home with far less, but way more effective stuff.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #11266 on: July 03, 2011, 03:39:13 PM »
Really miserable. After a day and a night of almost overdosing on every painkiller I can and still be weeping and at times screaming in pain I've just had enough. I'm too sick to make it to hospital and I just feel so pathetic. There's so many different types of pain going on in so many places in my leg and they're all awful.  :'(

Oh shit.

Can anyone help you to the hospital?

With that much pain, so many days after the op, they should come up with a more effective way of painkilling, or find out what went wrong. Being in agony is not making you heal faster at all.

Couple of years ago hospital kept telling my ex to keep overdosing on every painkiller, during bank holidays. Till we finally got him there again. Smart doctor, identifying what was wrong, what the options were, and then checking painkillers, sending him home with far less, but way more effective stuff.
The story of your ex gives me hope. I can't get to the hospital tonight, when my father tried to put a towel under my leg to support it better I screamed in pain so moving's out the question for now. I might call an ambulance later tonight if I can't sleep, sure it's not a 999 "help I'm dying" emergency but I've no other way and they can provide morphine. Otherwise I'm going to try see if I can get someone from a hospital to administer some IV stuff because the home use stuff just isn't enough for me any more.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11267 on: July 03, 2011, 03:43:49 PM »
Warm and sweaty.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11268 on: July 03, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »

Are your helpers there, or will they be there later?  ???
Funnily and sadly enough my helpers are helpless, we've tried everything possible. I'm going to try to get someone from a hospital to come over tomorrow because I couldn't get anyone today, hopefully they can help me and check for infection.

Can your helpers take you to the hospital?  If you do have an infection, it should be looked at immediately.  :-\
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #11269 on: July 03, 2011, 03:48:01 PM »

Funnily and sadly enough my helpers are helpless, we've tried everything possible. I'm going to try to get someone from a hospital to come over tomorrow because I couldn't get anyone today, hopefully they can help me and check for infection.

Can your helpers take you to the hospital?  If you do have an infection, it should be looked at immediately.  :-\
I've been on this bed all day, the slightest touch or movement is horrificly painful. We don't think it's infected because the knee isn't hot, but I'm considering calling an ambulance soon. Thanks for the concern, I'll stay brave :) :viking:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11270 on: July 03, 2011, 03:48:53 PM »

I've been on this bed all day, the slightest touch or movement is horrificly painful. We don't think it's infected because the knee isn't hot, but I'm considering calling an ambulance soon. Thanks for the concern, I'll stay brave :) :viking:

An ambulance sounds like a good idea.  Sending you good thoughts!  :viking:

People forget.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11271 on: July 04, 2011, 04:40:24 AM »

Compared to you, you poor thing, I am feeling absolutely spectacular. I have nothing to complain about. Hope the ambulance people help you.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11272 on: July 04, 2011, 05:50:38 AM »

Sounds like something directly touching nerves, or a nerve stuck in-between something.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11273 on: July 04, 2011, 05:57:07 AM »

Compared to you, you poor thing, I am feeling absolutely spectacular. I have nothing to complain about. Hope the ambulance people help you.

I hope so too.  Crip is BRAVE, but it's time for reinforcements!  Hope to see her back soon.  :)

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11274 on: July 04, 2011, 05:58:57 AM »
 As for me, I am experiencing allergy symptoms  (unusual for me these days)  and hope I don't end up with bronchitis in July!  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11275 on: July 04, 2011, 06:09:47 AM »

I'm scared for you because I think that much pain isn't normal.

Have you tried ice to numb it?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11276 on: July 04, 2011, 08:29:45 AM »
Like posting but will be unable too due to everyone being home and pressure from my wife to get stuff done around the yard
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11277 on: July 04, 2011, 08:32:25 AM »
Like posting but will be unable too due to everyone being home and pressure from my wife to get stuff done around the yard

So your day will look like this ...  :rollingpin:    :spitscreen:

People forget.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11278 on: July 04, 2011, 09:05:34 AM »

So your day will look like this ...  :rollingpin:    :spitscreen:

Yeah go to go out to the yard soon or that rolling pin my hit me :o
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #11279 on: July 04, 2011, 09:16:23 AM »
I've been fighting nausea a couple of times today. Bizarre. Not sure about dinner now.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.