Author Topic: How are you feeling right now?  (Read 125815 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: How are you feeling right now?
« Reply #5175 on: May 10, 2010, 02:14:40 PM »
Migrainy. Again. Yay. Not.

I was just reading a study about using three full size aspirins at once (900 mg - 1000 mg total dose) for a migraine and it worked pretty well for about 75% of the people who tried it.  It was comparable to the prescription medication sumatriptan 50 mg but sumatriptan 100 mg worked better.

I will try it and see if it works.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5176 on: May 10, 2010, 03:49:49 PM »
Migrainy. Again. Yay. Not.

I was just reading a study about using three full size aspirins at once (900 mg - 1000 mg total dose) for a migraine and it worked pretty well for about 75% of the people who tried it.  It was comparable to the prescription medication sumatriptan 50 mg but sumatriptan 100 mg worked better.

I will try it and see if it works.

That may work. I've never really suffered at all from headaches, but went through one time when it was extreme, to the point they thought I had a brain tumour.

They put me on a pain management routine, where you basically stay on pain killers for two weeks, do not let your dose go down...keep it maintained, even if I had to wake in the night to take it.

It worked. Apparently, it helps for a number of reasons. Sometimes the anticipation of more pain to come, can actually induce it by stress etc.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5177 on: May 11, 2010, 06:00:34 AM »
Afraid and scared.

I really only have one friend; my brother - my younger brother. No one else is as close to me or can ever be as close. He is going to have a very serious medical procedure (open heart surgery) done tomorrow before sun up. I am afraid for him and I am afraid that my own worthless ass will be left alone if something goes wrong.
 :'(

This is a bunch of mixed up shit to think about.

True enough ...

... I can't find a way to make this NOT about me.  I hate being me!!

NONE OF THIS IS ABOUT ME!!

.. why can't I know that!

It's about you both. You can't not be you, and you care about your brother. I hope it goes well for him.

It's good to see you back but I wish the circumstances were better.

Thanks, for your all your kindnesses. 

I am still afraid and still scared. Things are are still "up in the air,"  it seems.

My brother has not re-gained consciousness as yet (this part is troubling), but according to my Sis-in-law, the doctors say that the surgery (two heart valve replacements with mechanical substitutes, in one operation) went well. All should be fine if he wakes up. He hasn't, yet, after more than twenty four hours.

It is important that he wakes up today or the possibility continues that major brain damage has occurred during the atttempt to shut his heart down and fix his heart valves. I have talked on the phone so many times to so many people that I am losing my grip!

My nephew (he is twenty two, ADHD/atypical autistic as well, amazingly intelligent and insightful) feels that he has already lost his dad and that however (or IF) his dad wakes up, he will never be the same man. I have a rough time NOT feeling the same way. I have tried to help him to see that however he wakes up, our loved one will be the same richly resourceful and clever man as always, but mostly, he will need our help more than ever to recover.

It is not time to mourn; it is time to remain positive.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5178 on: May 11, 2010, 06:04:26 AM »
Thinking of all of you. :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5179 on: May 11, 2010, 06:05:06 AM »
Afraid and scared.

I really only have one friend; my brother - my younger brother. No one else is as close to me or can ever be as close. He is going to have a very serious medical procedure (open heart surgery) done tomorrow before sun up. I am afraid for him and I am afraid that my own worthless ass will be left alone if something goes wrong.

True enough ...

It's about you both. You can't not be you, and you care about your brother. I hope it goes well for him.

I am still afraid and still scared. Things are are still "up in the air,"  it seems.

My brother has not re-gained consciousness as yet (this part is troubling), but according to my Sis-in-law, the doctors say that the surgery (two heart valve replacements with mechanical substitutes, in one operation) went well. All should be fine if he wakes up. He hasn't, yet, after more than twenty four hours.

It is important that he wakes up today or the possibility continues that major brain damage has occurred during the atttempt to shut his heart down and fix his heart valves. I have talked on the phone so many times to so many people that I am losing my grip!

My nephew (he is twenty two, ADHD/atypical autistic as well, amazingly intelligent and insightful) feels that he has already lost his dad and that however (or IF) his dad wakes up, he will never be the same man. I have a rough time NOT feeling the same way. I have tried to help him to see that however he wakes up, our loved one will be the same richly resourceful and clever man as always, but mostly, he will need our help more than ever to recover.

Miracles do happen when you least expect them. And I truly believe that.

It's understandable that your nephew is trying to brace himself for the worst. Under times of stress, we all have our own ways of coping.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5180 on: May 11, 2010, 06:28:12 AM »

You're right, Eclair.

It is his way of preparing himself for something that he can not affect.  He has not yet gained the experience to wait in expectation of a "better outcome"  than what seems inevitable. As brilliant as he is, at twenty two, he is just a boy in many ways.

Right now, I am too, just a wee boy.  I am having clear memories of many good times my brother and I have shared. We have one hell of a lot of fun in our paths.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5181 on: May 11, 2010, 07:25:30 AM »
Bashful.  :-\
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5182 on: May 11, 2010, 10:04:05 AM »

You're right, Eclair.

It is his way of preparing himself for something that he can not affect.  He has not yet gained the experience to wait in expectation of a "better outcome"  than what seems inevitable. As brilliant as he is, at twenty two, he is just a boy in many ways.

Right now, I am too, just a wee boy.  I am having clear memories of many good times my brother and I have shared. We have one hell of a lot of fun in our paths.

Hope it turns out well DD.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5183 on: May 11, 2010, 10:05:04 AM »
Having moments of feeling fully awake for the first time in almost three weeks.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5184 on: May 11, 2010, 10:43:55 AM »
sore back

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5185 on: May 11, 2010, 11:17:57 AM »
headachey and dizzy

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5186 on: May 11, 2010, 03:05:39 PM »
Afraid and scared.

True enough ...

I'll be thinking about you and those close to you, Dawg.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5187 on: May 12, 2010, 05:50:08 AM »
I talked to my brother about two hours ago. He woke up in the afternoon with an appetite (ONE very good sign), then went out again before he got any food. According to his wife, he has been asking for food all night long. He is aware of things and it seems that he is going to be fine.

Maybe all my worries were unfounded,  but the reality is that his surgery required for his heart to be stopped, cut upon, re-sown with mechanical implants in place then re-started.

My faith in modern medical techniques is not strong enough to alleviate the fears I felt due to this procedure.

Thank FUCK in a BUCKET, it is almost over. He seems to be himself.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5188 on: May 12, 2010, 05:53:08 AM »
I talked to my brother about two hours ago. He woke up in the afternoon with an appetite (ONE very good sign), then went out again before he got any food. According to his wife, he has been asking for food all night long. He is aware of things and it seems that he is going to be fine.

Maybe all my worries were unfounded,  but the reality is that his surgery required for his heart to be stopped, cut upon, re-sown with mechanical implants in place then re-started.

My faith in modern medical techniques is not strong enough to alleviate the fears I felt due to this procedure.

Thank FUCK in a BUCKET, it is almost over. He seems to be himself.

I am glad to hear this! :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #5189 on: May 12, 2010, 08:59:07 AM »
w/an attitude like this no wonder I have insomnia  :zoinks:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.