Author Topic: Ask Pyraxis anything  (Read 43148 times)

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Ask Pyraxis anything
« Reply #1470 on: April 09, 2013, 11:07:28 AM »
People who fake a mental disorder for disability. But it can be a really grey line. Like I know a lot of people on the spectrum get accused of faking it, and people with ADHD. But if I'm understanding it right, to get on disability, you have to be "permanently and totally disabled", and many mental disorders improve with time and therapy, so it's not a good fit.

Actually the way it works with SSDI is that condition must last 1 year or more and/or is expected to result in death. The condition must make unable to perform or sustain what's called SGA (substantila gainful activity) which is gross amount of money you make each month, it changes from year to year, for example this it's $1040 a month. For most mental disorders they usually do reviews every few years or so.

For reference criteria for disability for a mental disorder:

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/12.00-MentalDisorders-Adult.htm

criteria for disability:

http://www.ssa.gov/dibplan/dqualify5.htm
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:37:33 AM by jman »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1471 on: April 09, 2013, 11:12:19 AM »
People who fake a mental disorder for disability. But it can be a really grey line. Like I know a lot of people on the spectrum get accused of faking it, and people with ADHD. But if I'm understanding it right, to get on disability, you have to be "permanently and totally disabled", and many mental disorders improve with time and therapy, so it's not a good fit.

So how come people get disability because they've become fat? Or because they want to live as a baby? Or because they have slight breathing problems or something?

Disabled=Completely unable to work

Right? So why are thousands and thousands of people who are able to work pulling disability?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1472 on: April 09, 2013, 11:47:44 AM »

So how come people get disability because they've become fat? Or because they want to live as a baby? Or because they have slight breathing problems or something?

Disabled=Completely unable to work

Right? So why are thousands and thousands of people who are able to work pulling disability?

Actually the way it works with SSDI is that condition must last 1 year or more and/or is expected to result in death. The condition must make unable to perform or sustain what's called SGA (substantila gainful activity) which is gross amount of money you make each month, it changes from year to year, for example this it's $1040 a month. For most mental disorders they usually do reviews every few years or so.

For reference criteria for disability for a mental disorder:

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/12.00-MentalDisorders-Adult.htm

criteria for disability:

http://www.ssa.gov/dibplan/dqualify5.htm

See my quoted post for definition of disability as defined by social security

As far as people getting disability for being fat sometimes being fat isn't always their fault such as the case with hypothyroidism. The adult baby dude supposedly has "trauma stemming from childhood abuse, combined with other mental and physical problems that he said make it impossible to maintain employment, including the security guard position he held for 1 1/2 years."

Social Security and the FBi actually investigated his disability after he went public with his baby gig:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/18/man-living-as-an-adult-baby-is-cleared-of-social-s/?page=all

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1473 on: April 09, 2013, 12:11:57 PM »
You're telling me that the majority of fat people are that way because of hypothyroidism? And that they qualify as not being able to produce anything for society? Reality check:

Obese people are not invalids. They can work. If they do not have any problems that causes them to be fat(insistence on overeating and lack of activity"LAZY GLUTTON", then they are not crippled. They are Lazy, and they should be put in prison for committing a felony. (reaping the benefits of living in society while not contributing anything to it. Stealing. Stealing from everyone.)

Babyman for example. They guy spends a great deal of his fucking time laying around playing with toys, shitting and pissing himself, generally avoiding movement and productive behavior. He complains that he had pain from building a fucking giant highchair.

shitting and pissing himself, generally avoiding movement and productive behavior

:apondering: Hmmm. Why is that? Ohhhh how I wonder.

shitting and pissing himself, generally avoiding movement and productive behavior

:zoinks: Oh yeah, because he's a lazy piece of shit that avoids any kind of physical or mental strain if he can help it. A CRIMINAL, sir. A criminal. Yet he's allowed to live that way, sanctioned by our awesome government. In fact they investigated this shit, as you indicated, and let him off.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:18:04 PM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1474 on: April 09, 2013, 12:23:04 PM »
Oh yeah, because he's a lazy piece of shit that avoids any kind of physical or mental strain if he can help it. A CRIMINAL, sir. A criminal. Yet he's allowed to live that way, sanctioned by our awesome government. In fact they investigated this shit, as you indicated, and let him off.

Well I am not going to defend your boy too much, but anyone who acts like that must have some kind of mental disorder  :indeed:

BTW, did you read the part of article where he said he would kill himself if the government took away his checks?  :lol1: I thought that was pathertic.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1475 on: April 09, 2013, 12:31:28 PM »
Oh yeah, because he's a lazy piece of shit that avoids any kind of physical or mental strain if he can help it. A CRIMINAL, sir. A criminal. Yet he's allowed to live that way, sanctioned by our awesome government. In fact they investigated this shit, as you indicated, and let him off.

Well I am not going to defend your boy too much, but anyone who acts like that must have some kind of mental disorder  :indeed:

BTW, did you read the part of article where he said he would kill himself if the government took away his checks?  :lol1: I thought that was pathertic.

Yes. I got a little dumber from reading what he had to say. Basically living is a baby is all that is keeping him in this world boohoo my "mommy" died boohoo if you take away my checks i'll kill myself.

Translation: The world revolved around me. Society is merely a tool to provide me with a life devoid of effort. Living as a baby is completely effortless and is the only thing I really enjoy, simply because its so incredibly easy. If you try and stop me, i'll "punish" you by killing myself. That'll show you. NYAH

Translation of translation: Lazy fuck blah blah blah blah i'm la lazy fuck lazylazy I dun wan work on anything I dun wanna cooperate i'll kill myself u can't make me *tantrum*

This is not a disability. Its a fucking asshole. A criminal. He belongs in prison.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:33:49 PM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1476 on: April 09, 2013, 02:47:23 PM »
Yep he truly is a big baby. He should either stop being a lazy fuck, or just kill himself like he said he was going to do, as of right now he's worth more dead than alive.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1477 on: April 09, 2013, 02:58:06 PM »
You're telling me that the majority of fat people are that way because of hypothyroidism? And that they qualify as not being able to produce anything for society? Reality check:

You make it sound as if most obese people are on disability income. Most overweight people will not be on disability income.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1478 on: April 11, 2013, 11:41:19 AM »

You make it sound as if most obese people are on disability income. Most overweight people will not be on disability income.

Nono. That gives a good perspective though. Think of it like this. Only a fraction of people who are fat actually have a real problem, and are fat because of it. (they are fat because they eat too much, and do not get enough physical activity, not a disability but LAZY)  I would be willing to bet that a big chunk of the ones with an actual problem, STILL try and contribute to society. The rest with serious problems don't, but can't. That leaves a shitload of fat people. Wtf are they doin? Why are they actually on disability?

GOO GOO GAH GAH NAH NAH BOO BOO

I will never stop...

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1479 on: April 11, 2013, 02:57:26 PM »
What is there to gain for those who put them on disability?

It lowers unemployment rates. It shoves people on the pile of the discarded. How easy/hard is it in the US to get away from a disability status? I wonder about the paperwork mills and policies that decide it is easier and cheaper to discard people than to invest in their motivation and options to work.

Where I live, disability income means that there is a financial safety net, so that employers will not be that hesitant to hire people with a disability. In theory it is great. In practice, there are companies working mainly with disabled people, because they get a fee to hire them. Thus making it harder for people with some scratches without the disability income/safety net. The way they now are planning to fix it will very likely not make it any better. But, it is good that the attitude of the seventies, to dump people in a disability income situation, has stopped.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #1480 on: April 19, 2013, 04:42:24 PM »
Who did you look up to growing up?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1481 on: April 19, 2013, 05:32:51 PM »
Robyn Miller. Catherine, who was a youth leader and camp counsellor at the camp I went to. My English teacher Mrs. Osipova. Ralph Waldo Emerson. Shiva (the book character). Millar Jade Vanderholle. Daine Sarrasri. Lisa Nelson.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1482 on: April 19, 2013, 05:35:34 PM »
Wht Ralph Waldo Emerson?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1483 on: April 19, 2013, 05:37:23 PM »
"Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind."
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1484 on: April 19, 2013, 05:41:55 PM »
On golden pond?
Misunderstood.