Author Topic: Ask Pyraxis anything  (Read 43152 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Ask Pyraxis anything
« Reply #1320 on: January 19, 2011, 06:06:37 PM »
I definitely prefer the "new" members to the old ones generally. There are individual people I miss though, like milla and cal

Yeah, I miss them both, too.

Milla was funny and very smart. Cal and I had much in common.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1321 on: January 19, 2011, 06:31:24 PM »
Things can't ever stay the same so it's better to accept the change.
Being part of it, is also being part of what and how it will be.

Yes. I2 is largely what its members make it to be.

Of course and it is "abby norbal"  as the tay coes on.
 8)

(have I ever mentioned that I do own a copy of that book?)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

eris

« Reply #1322 on: January 19, 2011, 09:03:23 PM »
You can never leave the fates will draw you back >:D

You underestimate me.  :)

While it has beeen established that most posters underestimate you, I am stilll wondering how there can be an effect to keep your interest tickled here.

Honestly, I misss the old ,   but trying to make something of the new membership is becoming a challenge that may hold some slight intrigue for me, like teaching a child to respect fire by showing it how fire can burn and get away from you so quickly or something. Unfortunately, I hate to see kids burned.  I am not the one who can do thi ss for them.

Are you planning to stick around for a bit or just get your rockks off again and go?

yeah, and I miss 1998  ::)

there is always a sense of elitism among old friends. The fact is this isnt 5 years ago, deal. And your analogy didnt even make sense. Basically, you are saying that you want to show the new member that if you act crazy and make a scene, it gets out of control and then comes back to bite you in the ass ?  Well it's not really the newer members that are doing such things it is the established ones.

I can not understand how one could get it so wrong.

It is the idiots who will be burned.

BTW, have you noticed that I do not think of you as an idiot? 

While it may be difficult to come to terms with a way for us to interact, I am approaching with my "big stick"  held behind my back, which means that I am hoping for a way to share.

The idiots will always get burned. It just seems like you are equating the idiots with the new people. Granted you've been here like a thousand years so maybe you are talking about someone that joined a year ago - but as far as I can see it seems the newer people aren't the ones getting butthurt or flipping out.

I don't think you are an idiot either :) and sometimes I am just an abrasive person. Sometimes cold. I dont mean it. I never had a problem with you and Im sure we will talk and debate in the future. It is just that if I see something I dont agree with Im going to mention it; it doesnt mean that I dont like someone or that I am upset. It's pretty hard to piss me off.

I used to belong to this super elite *cough* private forum ( that died a few years ago) , so I know what it is like to have inner circles, etc. Im just saying we dont have a time machine, so sink or swim.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1323 on: January 19, 2011, 09:11:26 PM »

While it has beeen established that most posters underestimate you, I am stilll wondering how there can be an effect to keep your interest tickled here.

Honestly, I misss the old ,   but trying to make something of the new membership is becoming a challenge that may hold some slight intrigue for me, like teaching a child to respect fire by showing it how fire can burn and get away from you so quickly or something. Unfortunately, I hate to see kids burned.  I am not the one who can do thi ss for them.

Are you planning to stick around for a bit or just get your rockks off again and go?

there is always a sense of elitism among old friends. The fact is this isnt 5 years ago, deal. And your analogy didnt even make sense. Basically, you are saying that you want to show the new member that if you act crazy and make a scene, it gets out of control and then comes back to bite you in the ass ?  Well it's not really the newer members that are doing such things it is the established ones.

While it may be difficult to come to terms with a way for us to interact, I am approaching with my "big stick"  held behind my back, which means that I am hoping for a way to share.

The idiots will always get burned. It just seems like you are equating the idiots with the new people. Granted you've been here like a thousand years so maybe you are talking about someone that joined a year ago - but as far as I can see it seems the newer people aren't the ones getting butthurt or flipping out.

I don't think you are an idiot either :) and sometimes I am just an abrasive person. Sometimes cold. I dont mean it. I never had a problem with you and Im sure we will talk and debate in the future. It is just that if I see something I dont agree with Im going to mention it; it doesnt mean that I dont like someone or that I am upset. It's pretty hard to piss me off.

I used to belong to this super elite *cough* private forum ( that died a few years ago) , so I know what it is like to have inner circles, etc. Im just saying we dont have a time machine, so sink or swim.

I have to agree with eris. I'm sure you're a great guy DD, but in the time I've been here, you've really just been a total dick towards certain people. You might have reason to dislike me now, but I don't think you did when I first started to have an issue with you. I think it's a shame, because you could be a good guy :(

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #1324 on: January 19, 2011, 09:31:37 PM »

No matter how elite that forum was, it wasn't
Quote from: Intensity² Recruitment Chairman
... a barely-legal, completely unethical, den of iniquity that exists mainly for the amusement of a socially-able aspergic elite.

:thumbup:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

eris

« Reply #1325 on: January 19, 2011, 09:38:33 PM »
http://virtual-suicide.net/forums/index.php

I think we only had like 30 or so members that actually posted ? It was a spin off board of a spin off board of a spin off of the manson board. It was open for registration, and every once in a while someone new would show up, but no one ever talked to them  :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1326 on: January 20, 2011, 05:25:02 AM »

Oh, you damn physicist, you people always say that kind of stuff.

We lay-persons ignore entropy and refuse to accept or even acknowledge the possibility of any consequences (well, at least, until we are slapped in the face with our lack of faith).

Shit, while I was posting, things changed. What do I do now?

:laugh:

Just do what you would do, sans the change.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1327 on: January 20, 2011, 05:26:53 AM »
Being part of it, is also being part of what and how it will be.

Yes. I2 is largely what its members make it to be.

Of course and it is "abby norbal"  as the tay coes on.
 8)

(have I ever mentioned that I do own a copy of that book?)

No, I don't think so.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #1328 on: January 20, 2011, 11:00:30 AM »
...It is the idiots who will be burned...

Everyone is an idiot, in the mind of someone else. There's a rock, paper, scissors effect to idiocy. Some are brilliant in some areas, while dense in others. Intelligence can manifest in a million different ways.

So, who gets burned? everyone or no one??

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1329 on: January 20, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »
...It is the idiots who will be burned...

Everyone is an idiot, in the mind of someone else. There's a rock, paper, scissors effect to idiocy. Some are brilliant in some areas, while dense in others. Intelligence can manifest in a million different ways.

So, who gets burned? everyone or no one??

I get burned and so I pass it along.

Why are you even talking to me these days?

Scrapheap

« Reply #1330 on: January 20, 2011, 11:53:46 AM »
Why are you even talking to me these days?

Work related stress??

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1331 on: January 20, 2011, 11:33:44 PM »

Honestly, I misss the old ,   but trying to make something of the new membership is becoming a challenge that may hold some slight intrigue for me, like teaching a child to respect fire by showing it how fire can burn and get away from you so quickly or something. Unfortunately, I hate to see kids burned.  I am not the one who can do thi ss for them.

Gonna stick around. Fuck, I'll build it back the way I like it if I can. It's what the members make it, right?

You've got some novelty too. The old crowd idolized you, surely this is a refreshing change?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1332 on: January 21, 2011, 01:12:19 PM »
If you build it they will come. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1333 on: January 21, 2011, 01:16:56 PM »
What do people* want this site to be?

*as in, anyone reading this who has an opinion

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1334 on: January 21, 2011, 02:32:54 PM »
Frankly, I have no idea. I come here to blow off steam, to relax, and it sometimes works.

- Albert Einstein