Author Topic: Ask Pyraxis anything  (Read 43145 times)

thepeaguy

Re: Ask Pyraxis anything
« Reply #495 on: October 09, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »
:LOL: No. In your simplified world, maybe. But I don't believe in love and I don't hate you, so in my world you're waaaay off base.

Why do you disagree with the notion that someone's "in love"?

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #496 on: October 09, 2006, 01:43:31 PM »
Oh I don't deny that other people may be in love. I just refuse it in terms of myself. It's just not a word I've ever understood properly. Everyone seems to have a different definition for it. And the emotional state it seems to refer to is such a tangled mess of obligation, manipulation, and general emotional miasma that I don't see any reason to desire it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline techstepgenr8tion

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #497 on: October 09, 2006, 01:46:47 PM »
Ok, this one's really bugging me... what do you think Samuel L. Jackson's next acting move will be?
Born into this world for one inherent purpose: to drop science and drop it heavy.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #498 on: October 09, 2006, 01:49:35 PM »
How the flaming fuck should I know?  :LOL: I don't follow mass media except as it relates to my work, and actors' names don't. I don't even know who Samuel L. Jackson is. Though if I had to make a guess, he's in I, Robot? But I have more knowledge of your career strategy than his, and that's not saying much.

Speaking of which, I forgot you in my geinuine emotional ties list. You'd probably fall under cursory.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

thepeaguy

« Reply #499 on: October 09, 2006, 01:55:33 PM »
Oh I don't deny that other people may be in love. I just refuse it in terms of myself. It's just not a word I've ever understood properly. Everyone seems to have a different definition for it. And the emotional state it seems to refer to is such a tangled mess of obligation, manipulation, and general emotional miasma that I don't see any reason to desire it.

Well, I have a tendency to hate it when it comes to two people breaking up their ties with their family and friends all for the sake of their selfish desire called love. They're under the impression that, as long as they're together, they don't need anyone else -- arrogant bullshit.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 01:57:23 PM by thepeaguy »

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #500 on: October 09, 2006, 02:14:09 PM »
How the flaming fuck should I know?  :LOL: I don't follow mass media except as it relates to my work, and actors' names don't. I don't even know who Samuel L. Jackson is. Though if I had to make a guess, he's in I, Robot? But I have more knowledge of your career strategy than his, and that's not saying much.

Well, I guess I've been watching too much Chapelle Show and I started to think of Paul Mooney's Negrodamus skit - was wondering if you'd play back on that one but I guess your unfamiliar with it. Lol, you really don't know who Samuel L Jackson is? As in......SNAKESONAPLANE!!!! Starting ME!!! **SAMUEL ELLL JAAACKKSON**!!!!!! Lol, its just uncanny how he's been in 1 out of every 3 Hollywood movies for the last 10 years and it hasn't ruined his ability to get good scripts...or...Snakes on a Plane scripts for that matter....

Speaking of which, I forgot you in my geinuine emotional ties list. You'd probably fall under cursory.

Hmm, I might need to start one of those lists myself. Do they have an option for someone who says something blaringly insightful here and there but the rest of the time I wouldn't even know they're around?  ;)
Born into this world for one inherent purpose: to drop science and drop it heavy.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #501 on: October 09, 2006, 02:20:45 PM »
Ah, but you forget I haven't spent half my life learning and perseverating on NT culture the way you have. Too busy lost in my gaming worlds and I've never owned a TV. I've heard the name Samuel L. Jackson but if you hadn't given it in context I probably wouldn't have known he was an actor. And I certainly don't know anything about those other things you named, the Chapelle Show, Paul Mooney, or Negrodamus. Or what "playing back" on a thing means. I'm not totally hopeless though - I do know about Snakes on a Plane.

Do they have an option for someone who says something blaringly insightful here and there but the rest of the time I wouldn't even know they're around?

I guess you'll just have to make one up.  :P

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #502 on: October 09, 2006, 10:11:57 PM »
Ah, but you forget I haven't spent half my life learning and perseverating on NT culture the way you have.

Well, its been less perseveration and more like its all I had walled up around me to begin with. I never found that group of hardcore AD&Ders or anything like that who I could hide out with so I had to just make the most of what I could find. I won't lie though, even though I wish I'd had that when I was younger its still a major confidence lift when at the restaurant I work at I feel like I can chill and party with the servers, chill with the line cooks, and feel like you get em and vice a versa - for the discomfort I kinda like how it's payed out thus far :).

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #503 on: October 09, 2006, 11:51:42 PM »

Well, I have a tendency to hate it when it comes to two people breaking up their ties with their family and friends all for the sake of their selfish desire called love. They're under the impression that, as long as they're together, they don't need anyone else -- arrogant bullshit.

not everyone's the same, though, pea.  for a start, some of us don't have ties with family/friends as strong as you have, so it's a completely different thing to break or loosen, or even abandon those ties.  and i've seen people who genuinely don't need anyone else other than their partner.

different strokes for different folks.

thepeaguy

« Reply #504 on: October 11, 2006, 05:55:41 AM »

not everyone's the same, though, pea.  for a start, some of us don't have ties with family/friends as strong as you have, so it's a completely different thing to break or loosen, or even abandon those ties.  and i've seen people who genuinely don't need anyone else other than their partner.

different strokes for different folks.

Hmm. Fair enough.

+1

thepeaguy

« Reply #505 on: October 14, 2006, 02:20:02 PM »
Been feeling rather too emotional with the internet and real-life lately?

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #506 on: October 14, 2006, 03:29:53 PM »
Hey Pyraxis, something really funny just happened at WP - one of the newer members decided to unearth a thread that it was mostly us talking on. I had laugh when I saw that, he really must have reached deep in the archives for that one.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #507 on: October 14, 2006, 05:33:25 PM »
Hey Pyraxis, something really funny just happened at WP - one of the newer members decided to unearth a thread that it was mostly us talking on. I had laugh when I saw that, he really must have reached deep in the archives for that one.
link please.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #508 on: October 14, 2006, 05:40:57 PM »
Been feeling rather too emotional with the internet and real-life lately?

Not sure quite what to do with this question. What made you think I'd be feeling too emotional?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #509 on: October 14, 2006, 05:41:23 PM »
link please.
Seconded!