Author Topic: Ask Pyraxis anything  (Read 43174 times)

P7PSP

Re: Ask Pyraxis anything
« Reply #1275 on: July 26, 2009, 10:21:39 PM »
What area of that are you posting in Pyraxis? And have fun with what you are doing there.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Leaving
« Reply #1276 on: July 26, 2009, 10:29:24 PM »
So it's become clear to me that I2 isn't the place for me any longer and I need to move on with my life.

I don't really know how to say this well. It's been my home on the internet for three years. Getting my butt out of here has been more like breaking an addiction than just walking away.

It's what the members make it, and I'm in a dwindling minority. My attempts to jolt it out of stability and consistency, and into something more dynamic and energy-building, have started to mainly do harm.

I'll be around sometimes to keep in touch with people, but I've cut off any investment I had in the community as a whole.

I've been building a small community of an entirely different type on LiveJournal: Yumeza. If anyone wants to contact me when I'm not around here, that's where I'll be.
Ah, I can see why you would want to quit this site.    This forum has been going down the tubes.   I will check out your blog.

How did you work go?    The game is coming out soon.   I assume you have seen it in advance.   Are you satisfied with your part in it?
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1277 on: July 27, 2009, 06:35:26 AM »
What area of that are you posting in Pyraxis?

All of it. I'm not sure what you mean by area. The way LJ communities work, it's just one great big list of threads. You can start them or post comments. The various communities I'm part of are listed on my user info page.

And have fun with what you are doing there.

Thanks. Having fun is a big part of the point.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1278 on: July 27, 2009, 06:38:02 AM »
How did you work go?    The game is coming out soon.   I assume you have seen it in advance.   Are you satisfied with your part in it?

Yeah. I was only there for the last half of production, so it's not as much as others'. And I'm still hoping to get into doing something more art-related instead of just scripting and tools. But I was the main TA support for a couple of the new big features.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1279 on: July 27, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
So it's become clear to me that I2 isn't the place for me any longer and I need to move on with my life.

I don't really know how to say this well. It's been my home on the internet for three years. Getting my butt out of here has been more like breaking an addiction than just walking away.

It's what the members make it, and I'm in a dwindling minority. My attempts to jolt it out of stability and consistency, and into something more dynamic and energy-building, have started to mainly do harm.

I'll be around sometimes to keep in touch with people, but I've cut off any investment I had in the community as a whole.

I've been building a small community of an entirely different type on LiveJournal: Yumeza. If anyone wants to contact me when I'm not around here, that's where I'll be.
I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving, Pyraxis.  I will miss your insight and your rabble-rousing.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1280 on: July 27, 2009, 11:10:17 AM »

Yeah. I was only there for the last half of production, so it's not as much as others'. And I'm still hoping to get into doing something more art-related instead of just scripting and tools. But I was the main TA support for a couple of the new big features.
Ah the new features, that is at least interesting.  Sometimes the new features they release are pretty good.   What did you think of the ones that you tested?   The Procedural Awareness might be really cool, at least from what I read.

I guess this might have gotten your foot in the door, so to speak.   I know you aspire to do something different, but this is a start.

Your posts will be missed by many.   I have always found your point of view and how you state it to be interesting.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1281 on: July 27, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »
Your posts will be missed by many.   I have always found your point of view and how you state it to be interesting.
:agreed:
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1282 on: July 27, 2009, 05:31:54 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving, Pyraxis.  I will miss your insight and your rabble-rousing.

Aw, somebody's gonna miss the rabble-rousing? That's cool.

You're one of the reasons to keep in touch. I'm not going to totally disappear, and I'm going to keep following your stuff. I just had to break my addiction to this place because it had me going nowhere fast.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1283 on: July 27, 2009, 05:34:16 PM »
What did you think of the ones that you tested?   The Procedural Awareness might be really cool, at least from what I read.

LOL, part of the issue is I haven't kept track of what's been announced and what hasn't, so I don't know how much detail I'm allowed to go into yet. Ask me again after the release.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1284 on: July 27, 2009, 05:34:36 PM »
:agreed:

Thanks.  :)

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1285 on: July 27, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »

I commend you, Pyraxis, for your forthrightness. I hope that your LJ community provides the fellowship you want. It is a pitiable thing when one clings to past associations purely from nostalgia, or even worse, from inertia. I'm sorry that you won't be here; the place will be the less for your departure, and I at least would have liked to have further conversations with you. I hope you call in from time to time.

And thank you, also, for not  saying that "this place isn't intense enough" for you. :)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1286 on: July 27, 2009, 06:27:53 PM »

Aw, somebody's gonna miss the rabble-rousing? That's cool.

You're one of the reasons to keep in touch. I'm not going to totally disappear, and I'm going to keep following your stuff. I just had to break my addiction to this place because it had me going nowhere fast.
I legitimately will.  Now when there's groupthink going on, I'll think "Pyraxis is going to give us all HELLLLLLLL" and then get sad because you're gone.  :P

I had a bit of a look at the Yumeza community.  It's fascinating, but I don't think I'm quite the demographic you're aiming for on there.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1287 on: July 27, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »
You can never leave the fates will draw you back >:D
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1288 on: July 27, 2009, 10:14:08 PM »
I commend you, Pyraxis, for your forthrightness. I hope that your LJ community provides the fellowship you want. It is a pitiable thing when one clings to past associations purely from nostalgia, or even worse, from inertia. I'm sorry that you won't be here; the place will be the less for your departure, and I at least would have liked to have further conversations with you. I hope you call in from time to time.

And thank you, also, for not  saying that "this place isn't intense enough" for you. :)

:laugh: This place isn't intense enough for me.

But yep, I'm sick of being pitiable and stuck in inertia. We may yet get further conversations, since I never did get the chance to know you, or find your evil side.  :angel:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1289 on: July 27, 2009, 10:17:31 PM »
I legitimately will.  Now when there's groupthink going on, I'll think "Pyraxis is going to give us all HELLLLLLLL" and then get sad because you're gone.  :P

Ok, if they get too pathetic, PM me, and I will come back and give them all hell just for you.  :-*

I had a bit of a look at the Yumeza community.  It's fascinating, but I don't think I'm quite the demographic you're aiming for on there.

We'll see if it turns out to be self-sustaining. I've poked my nose into a bunch of the multiplicity communities and there seems to have been a huge wave of activity around 2005 that's mostly died down now. But I'm in the mood for laughing in the face of psychologists and prejudice and angst, and making a place autism-friendly and multiplicity-friendly, but focused first and foremost on creativity.