Author Topic: Ask Pyraxis anything  (Read 43149 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Ask Pyraxis anything
« Reply #975 on: April 06, 2008, 01:09:31 AM »
Yeah, it gets to a point where it kind of spirals, and no amount of creams are going to help.

I'm trying to learn the Greek ideal - health of mind and health of body at the same time. I've focused far too much on the mind in the past.

The greek's had a lot of silly ideas.
Eat lots of chocolate - THAT'S the answer.
Works for me.   
:P   Internets are super serious.

Sophgay

« Reply #976 on: April 11, 2008, 09:37:16 AM »
why is the google bot always lurking about in this thread?

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #977 on: April 14, 2008, 05:40:21 PM »
Fucked if I know. Computers consider me a turn-on?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Sophgay

« Reply #978 on: April 14, 2008, 06:02:54 PM »
Lucky you  :zombiefuck:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #979 on: April 24, 2008, 06:42:06 PM »
Copied from here.

I wonder what you're making at work and for fun.

At work: I just got reassigned to a new project with rush deadlines, a series of TV commercials to accompany a movie that's coming out in a few months. It's woken me up. I hadn't figured out how to interact with my old team and was trapped quiet and passive, but this new team are too pressured to care about formalities. Almost immediately I was getting along great with them, joking and letting them see that I was trying hard at the work. A few blips, but I made my first deadlines with time to spare and they're happy.

For fun: several big fiction writing projects, and a bit of worldbuilding and illustration.

The most progressed is the story of Lin, the Raba [ruler of] Ua, who's caught at the center of a dying world and has to figure out how to save it for the sake of her people. Ua is a world of djin, used to making anything they desire with magic, from which the magic and the water are slowly unstoppably draining. The quest brings people to Karn, my home, an ancient neolithic world of shapeshifters, and Tapolith, the city of portals that connects them through the dreaming - each with stories and magic of their own.

I wonder if you are finding pleasure outside of daily needs.

I don't know.

I could easily say yes, of course. But I think that would be further from the truth.

I wonder if you would laugh at the things I find funny.

Only one way to find out.

I wonder if you would enjoy the sun breaking up the clouds over the fields that I see every morning or if you would bitch about being awake at that hour.

Probably both. Depending on what wave I was riding.
When I was living in Scotland, I loved watching the sun rise over the highlands from the window of the bus to work.

... also, I wonder why I wonder about you.

...because I'm still sniffing at your spirit?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #980 on: April 24, 2008, 06:49:56 PM »
Copied from here.

I wonder what you're making at work and for fun.

At work: I just got reassigned to a new project with rush deadlines, a series of TV commercials to accompany a movie that's coming out in a few months. It's woken me up. I hadn't figured out how to interact with my old team and was trapped quiet and passive, but this new team are too pressured to care about formalities. Almost immediately I was getting along great with them, joking and letting them see that I was trying hard at the work. A few blips, but I made my first deadlines with time to spare and they're happy.

For fun: several big fiction writing projects, and a bit of worldbuilding and illustration.

The most progressed is the story of Lin, the Raba [ruler of] Ua, who's caught at the center of a dying world and has to figure out how to save it for the sake of her people. Ua is a world of djin, used to making anything they desire with magic, from which the magic and the water are slowly unstoppably draining. The quest brings people to Karn, my home, an ancient neolithic world of shapeshifters, and Tapolith, the city of portals that connects them through the dreaming - each with stories and magic of their own.

I wonder if you are finding pleasure outside of daily needs.

I don't know.

I could easily say yes, of course. But I think that would be further from the truth.

I wonder if you would laugh at the things I find funny.

Only one way to find out.

I wonder if you would enjoy the sun breaking up the clouds over the fields that I see every morning or if you would bitch about being awake at that hour.

Probably both. Depending on what wave I was riding.
When I was living in Scotland, I loved watching the sun rise over the highlands from the window of the bus to work.

Careful Dawg, She's a shape shifting soul stealer!   :o

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #981 on: April 24, 2008, 10:34:14 PM »

It goes both ways.

Don't care to make a guess about whether I could find your balance of detachment and involvement?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #982 on: April 24, 2008, 11:48:37 PM »
Er, more like, I didn't know what to say to the idea that there was something worth understanding about my balance of detachment and involvement.

I am sure you could find it.

GalileoAce

« Reply #983 on: June 17, 2008, 06:39:04 AM »
How come you haven't asked me anything in my ask away thread?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #984 on: June 17, 2008, 06:49:49 AM »
Because I hadn't thought of anything to ask?

GalileoAce

« Reply #985 on: June 17, 2008, 07:07:53 AM »
That's almost good enough :P

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #986 on: June 18, 2008, 09:52:17 PM »
You are a hard lady to figure. I don't know why that is. Is it intentional? Is it just me?

(Do not take offence. What I know about reading people could fit neatly onto a matchbox packet, if you wrote in big letters.)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #987 on: June 18, 2008, 11:07:20 PM »
It's semi-intentional. I could reel off a bunch of psychobabble justifications for why it might be so, but I don't know if that's the kind of answer you're looking for. Ask specific questions and I'll answer them honestly.

No offense taken.

thepeaguy

« Reply #988 on: June 20, 2008, 11:49:51 AM »
I just see her as somebody who enjoys getting one over the proletariat because she cannot stand being one herself.

She aspires greater things in her existence.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #989 on: June 20, 2008, 05:51:42 PM »
I just see her as somebody who enjoys getting one over the proletariat because she cannot stand being one herself.

She aspires greater things in her existence.

:laugh: That's pretty spot on.