Educational

Author Topic: Ask Pyraxis anything  (Read 43174 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Ask Pyraxis anything
« Reply #960 on: April 05, 2008, 12:17:37 PM »
Er. No.

I was taking offense at the perceived implication (intended or not) that my way of solving the eczema problem was making a lot of ado about nothing and that I should be more practical. In my case, practicality has not been enough, so I am experimenting with alternate means.

From there, I was generalizing something I find distasteful about you, your lack of emotional awareness (which might have picked up the idea that, while intellectually interesting, the comparison between our approaches would not be helpful). And then attempting to attack something I thought was a sore point of yours, based on the fact I was offended.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Sophgay

« Reply #961 on: April 05, 2008, 12:19:03 PM »
I have some eczema at the moment
Not as much though
But it's a pain in the arse

thepeaguy

« Reply #962 on: April 05, 2008, 12:36:07 PM »
:laugh:

Believe me, I tried the steroid creams too, for years. This was in addition to them.

Ya know, if you weren't such a die-hard atheist, you'd probably find more female friends.

Mmm... a mating ritual between Pyraxis and me. Think of all the horrors I will spawn from your uterus!

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #963 on: April 05, 2008, 02:36:48 PM »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #964 on: April 05, 2008, 02:45:50 PM »
i am shocked! 

:jawdrop:

i expected a comment about how unlikely anything was likely to get near pyraxis' uterus, not the suggestion of a possibility of a Pea-Py-Progeny.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #965 on: April 05, 2008, 02:49:14 PM »
I'm working on that sense of humor.  8)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #966 on: April 05, 2008, 02:49:50 PM »
your work is working.   :thumbup:

:plus:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #967 on: April 05, 2008, 05:36:14 PM »

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #968 on: April 05, 2008, 05:55:16 PM »
All it needs is daddy's ginger hair.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #969 on: April 05, 2008, 05:58:59 PM »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #970 on: April 05, 2008, 07:11:48 PM »
Er. No.

I was taking offense at the perceived implication (intended or not) that my way of solving the eczema problem was making a lot of ado about nothing and that I should be more practical. In my case, practicality has not been enough, so I am experimenting with alternate means.

From there, I was generalizing something I find distasteful about you, your lack of emotional awareness (which might have picked up the idea that, while intellectually interesting, the comparison between our approaches would not be helpful). And then attempting to attack something I thought was a sore point of yours, based on the fact I was offended.

Sorry; that was insensitive of me.  I can keep my eczema under control with the regular use of small amounts of steroid cream, but if I run out or otherwise stop using them, it's only a matter of weeks until my hands start to resemble hamburgers, and even complete refrain from scratching will only slow the deterioration slightly.  Once it's gotten bad, it needs large amounts of very strong steroid cream to get it back under control, and a couple of times it's needed oral and topical antibiotics to deal with secondary infections that have taken hold in the damaged skin.  Also, if it goes untreated on my hands, it starts to break out in other places too and slowly spreads outwards.  Strangely, those other places don't respond very well to steroid cream, but as long as my hands are ok, everything else tends to be ok too.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #971 on: April 05, 2008, 07:35:48 PM »
Yeah, it gets to a point where it kind of spirals, and no amount of creams are going to help.

I'm trying to learn the Greek ideal - health of mind and health of body at the same time. I've focused far too much on the mind in the past.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #972 on: April 05, 2008, 09:16:19 PM »
I have some eczema at the moment
Not as much though
But it's a pain in the arse

OUCH! I'd hate it there.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #973 on: April 05, 2008, 09:16:42 PM »
i am shocked! 

:jawdrop:

i expected a comment about how unlikely anything was likely to get near pyraxis' uterus, not the suggestion of a possibility of a Pea-Py-Progeny.

Pea's preggers?  :o

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #974 on: April 05, 2008, 09:17:54 PM »
Yeah, it gets to a point where it kind of spirals, and no amount of creams are going to help.

I'm trying to learn the Greek ideal - health of mind and health of body at the same time. I've focused far too much on the mind in the past.

The greek's had a lot of silly ideas.
Eat lots of chocolate - THAT'S the answer.