Educational

Author Topic: Ask Pyraxis anything  (Read 43174 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Ask Pyraxis anything
« Reply #765 on: August 10, 2007, 01:59:04 PM »
Have you seen Benny and Joon?

Nope, and from the little I know about it, it doesn't interest me.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #766 on: August 10, 2007, 02:11:38 PM »
What do you know of the mystical properties of urine?

Own feelings only, not canned stuff I can pull off wiki.

If you're looking for formal methods, I know jack shit. I follow intuition in these things, and mold techniques to fit the situation, so other people's uses are just a matter of curiosity.

If I were to use it right now, it would most likely be as a way of marking territory.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #767 on: August 10, 2007, 02:13:21 PM »
Walkie's still around, she just has to ration her internet for $ reasons - she's on pay-as-you-go dialup.
if i paid for her to have unlimited for one month, would she promise to make 1000 posts here?

LOL, you'd have to ask her. You know where she is.

Considering words-to-post ratio, not to mention content-to-post, I'd say one of her posts is equivalent to ten of yours. So she should really only have to post 100.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #768 on: August 10, 2007, 02:14:47 PM »
You're running for office?

LOL. No. I probably shouldn't have said "politician", but couldn't think of a better word for someone who holds a crafted facade online in order to keep authority positions on forums.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #769 on: August 10, 2007, 06:11:26 PM »

If I were to use it right now, it would most likely be as a way of marking territory.

Wow. Thanks. I didn't even consider the obvious.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #770 on: August 10, 2007, 07:00:16 PM »
Walkie's still around, she just has to ration her internet for $ reasons - she's on pay-as-you-go dialup.
if i paid for her to have unlimited for one month, would she promise to make 1000 posts here?

Considering words-to-post ratio, not to mention content-to-post, I'd say one of her posts is equivalent to ten of yours. So she should really only have to post 100.
perhaps.  but in all my posts i have made several classics.   i am a part time genius, you know.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #771 on: August 10, 2007, 07:33:28 PM »

Uhm ...???
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #772 on: August 10, 2007, 08:03:29 PM »

perhaps.  but in all my posts i have made several classics.   i am a part time genius, you know.

True, but you are a union member. Your pay scale depends upon your skill level, length of service and achievements. Are you satisfied with your dispensation, as we all represent the whole of your wage. Has your recompense met your expectations or shall we re-negotiate?

(Did I just start another long thread?)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #773 on: August 10, 2007, 08:05:47 PM »

True, but you are a union member. Your pay scale depends upon your skill level, length of service and achievements. Are you satisfied with your dispensation, as we all represent the whole of your wage. Has your recompense met your expectations or shall we re-negotiate?

(Did I just start another long thread?)
we are not craft unionism.  we negotiate as a whole, with an entire industry for all waterfront jobs.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #774 on: August 10, 2007, 11:57:53 PM »

Uhm ...???

You didn't mention it, I'm confused by this.

The_P

« Reply #775 on: September 24, 2007, 01:57:51 PM »
Have any book recommendations for me? I might take another trip down at the library at some point.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #776 on: September 26, 2007, 01:07:58 PM »
Hm. Well you might already have seen in the "What are you reading" thread that I'm on Eternal Champion by Michael Moorcock and it's pretty damn good. There's also C.J.Cherryh's Rider at the Gate and Cloud's Rider.

What authors do you already like?

The_P

« Reply #777 on: September 26, 2007, 01:19:31 PM »

What authors do you already like?

Je ne lis pas beaucoup des romans, si je ne sais pas.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #778 on: September 26, 2007, 01:24:26 PM »
Well in that case, you may just have to experiment. I know a fair number of fantasy and SF authors, but I don't know what kind of fantasy or SF you would like best.

Here are some of my favorites though:
Orson Scott Card
C.J.Cherryh
Holly Lisle
Tara K. Harper
Andre Norton
Phillip Pullman

Lurker

« Reply #779 on: October 01, 2007, 07:32:45 PM »
ever read David Gemmell?