Educational

Author Topic: Ask Pyraxis anything  (Read 43145 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Ask Pyraxis anything
« Reply #645 on: April 21, 2007, 10:12:31 AM »
Cultureless barbarian.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #646 on: April 21, 2007, 10:16:33 AM »
Cultureless barbarian.
don't mind me, i crack myself up.  i thought that was the funniest thing i said all week.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #647 on: April 21, 2007, 02:56:05 PM »
Any historical examples where the inefficiency was great enough in the system to justify the cost of a violent uprising?

I could only hazard guesses (you've likely got me outdone in history knowledge).... I'm not as certain of the cost of rebellion - what percent of a society's GNP goes to the war effort, on average, during wartime?

I don't think that it's easy to express in cases of all-out war. The US hasn't been in a real struggle ever, but modern estimates for WWII are at 40% GNP; presumably Germany and the USSR were much higher. Still, that's not entirely fair, as that war had significant good effects on the economy. When you look at the countries actually involved in the war however, and the damage that is caused (which must be included in the cost), as well as the loss of lives, the economics start to look very questionable. I pretty much had concluded that war is never worthwhile on economic terms.

I'd go further than that, which is to say that the common person is almost always poorly effected by war. Even such issues as emancipation, being cited as a major 'good' of the ACW, seem to be somewhat bogus, as the condition of the black Americans seems likely to have been better, had the institution been allowed to die naturally (as it was doing). The only wars which seem possibly reasonable are those for abstract concepts, such as religion or nationalism - but the current wisdom is that war is always founded on economics.

I don't know, was it? Somehow I suspect her motivations were far more complex.

Any idea what kind of motivations could make this a sexual fantasy? I've never really
thought about it - just the fact that I'd be too likely to get caught.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #648 on: April 21, 2007, 04:22:47 PM »
You wouldn't post a beaver shot for McJag, but what about a beaver PAINTING, created with the aid of a mirror?

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #649 on: April 21, 2007, 04:24:38 PM »
I'd rather see a 'possum.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #650 on: April 21, 2007, 04:27:55 PM »
You wouldn't post a beaver shot for McJag, but what about a beaver PAINTING, created with the aid of a mirror?

Nope. It would have the same effects.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #651 on: April 21, 2007, 06:27:30 PM »

what effect would it have?
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #652 on: May 05, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »
What happened to the new topic you were just starting?

(Yes I'm a slave to the who is online feature).

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #653 on: May 05, 2007, 03:17:34 PM »
I was trying to take people up on the challenge to go start an interesting debate instead of bitching that nothing's going on. Got halfway through writing it and realized it had already been debated here a bunch of times, and that I wasn't likely to get any useful information from it anyway, so I quit.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #654 on: May 05, 2007, 03:21:28 PM »

Okay, I'm way behind on answering this shit. My apologies.

Actually, realistically, the main effect it would have is making me look like less of a sexual prude, while making me feel somewhat dirty for whoring myself out. But I still think I'd end up with McJ making more judgements about me for being female, which is something I really hate. I would rather get gender-change surgery than be limited in life because of my gender - no real emotional attachment to the idea of being female - so I consider myself damn lucky to have been born into a culture where women at least have a fighting chance.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #655 on: May 05, 2007, 03:26:35 PM »

Actually, realistically, the main effect it would have is making me look like less of a sexual prude, while making me feel somewhat dirty for whoring myself out. But I still think I'd end up with McJ making more judgements about me for being female, which is something I really hate. I would rather get gender-change surgery than be limited in life because of my gender - no real emotional attachment to the idea of being female - so I consider myself damn lucky to have been born into a culture where women at least have a fighting chance.

You missed out the effect of getting a bunch of us horny for you.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #656 on: May 05, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »
I was trying to take people up on the challenge to go start an interesting debate instead of bitching that nothing's going on. Got halfway through writing it and realized it had already been debated here a bunch of times, and that I wasn't likely to get any useful information from it anyway, so I quit.

I was kinda hoping you were going to start a debate (I was hoping that someone would when I posted on the what are you thinking now thread), oh well. :laugh:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #657 on: May 05, 2007, 03:37:39 PM »
I don't know, was it? Somehow I suspect her motivations were far more complex.

Any idea what kind of motivations could make this a sexual fantasy? I've never really
thought about it - just the fact that I'd be too likely to get caught.

Wow - all that time with her, and it never occurred to you to wonder? I would have been curious as hell.

It's hard to say what her motivations were. All I can do is throw guesses out there, because I don't know her well enough to have any real certainty of insight.

You said at one point that one of you and your wife was impressed that the other allowed them to draw blood from them (or something like that). It could be a similar but even more impressive demonstration of devotion.

She very deliberately provoked you into rage and then testified on your behalf. That could be a form of replaying trauma related to Stockholm Syndrome, and a murder trial might be a similar thrill, a step beyond assault.

It might have been linked somehow to suicidal dreams of hers - like she might have fantasized about being killed after a rape herself. Heck, with the fact that identity loss is a common PTSD symptom, it might be some form of replaying her own perceived death.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #658 on: May 05, 2007, 03:42:11 PM »
You missed out the effect of getting a bunch of us horny for you.

Oops, my mistake. That didn't even occur to me. Sad, huh?  :P

Oh well, gives me even more reason not to do it.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #659 on: May 05, 2007, 03:55:55 PM »

fucking hysterical women!   ::)

:laugh:

Misunderstood.