Educational

Author Topic: Ask Pyraxis anything  (Read 44098 times)

peegai

Re: Ask Pyraxis anything
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2006, 08:34:54 AM »
do you think that constant bullying in ones formative years and poor social skills could turn the most sensitive of aspie into an asshole, as a defensive mechanism?

if you answer even maybe, then shouldn't we be a little more forgiving, considering the circumstances?

I'm well aware of my actions, McJ, so I'm not making any excuses for what I done. I never use my autism as an excuse for being a blatant asshole, which I have been.

Let these people think what they like. (Who are they to me? Nothing.) Their past weaknesses will come back to hurt them eventually.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 12:11:33 PM by peegai »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2006, 10:57:37 AM »
we just recieved the funding to produce the first annual I? Calender, and you have been selected to model for and represent one month.

Which month would you choose, and why?
and would you pose scantily clad, or bare chested?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2006, 08:31:16 PM »
Wow. Um... that's not a thought I encounter every day, me on a pin-up calendar in some sleazy room.

You know what? After having just read your thread in the Main Event, here is my middle finger. I'll even model and texture it for you in full 3D, right up close and personal, with exquisite detail of the pores and wrinkles in the skin. And the blood-red sharpened fingernail.

Make it October, because October has Halloween.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

duncvis

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2006, 04:35:47 AM »
You know what? After having just read your thread in the Main Event, here is my middle finger. I'll even model and texture it for you in full 3D, right up close and personal, with exquisite detail of the pores and wrinkles in the skin. And the blood-red sharpened fingernail.

Make it October, because October has Halloween.

Now that's intense.  ;D
I'd start running if I were you McJ...

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2006, 05:16:19 AM »
Any particular reason you skipped this one:

I believe you marked yourself as having "other autism spectrum disorder" on some forum yes?  What do you think separates you from Asperger's Syndrome?

I'd really be interested to hear an answer
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2006, 08:00:34 AM »
Any particular reason you skipped this one:

I believe you marked yourself as having "other autism spectrum disorder" on some forum yes?  What do you think separates you from Asperger's Syndrome?

I'd really be interested to hear an answer

Sorry, I just forgot it.

I marked that because I've never had an official evaluation and never gotten the paperwork, so it seems wrong to call myself Asperger's when I don't know where on the autistic spectrum I am. I'm not a big fan of self-diagnosis (yes, you heard that right) so I'm not going to self-diagnose myself Aspie.

My dealings with professionals on the subject went something like this:

- After about a month and a half of therapy, I'm going home from college for the summer and the counsellor is trying to set me up with someone in my family's town. I'm scared to go, thinking they'll tell me there's nothing wrong with me, so he reluctantly tells me to tell them I have anxiety and social issues of some sort. The social issues part completely surprises me, because I hadn't talked about that in session at all, I hadn't considered it a problem.
- After 4 months (the next fall, I chickened out over the summer), I'm bringing Donna Williams' songs and writing to session (with much hesitation lest anyone think I identify with her) and saying "I'm not autistic, but this exposure anxiety thing seems to explain so many unanswered qestions about my life."
- After about 5 months, I'm describing being in class and having the sounds of the other students build up around me until it seems like it would be just as easy to go feral and start hitting them, or run out of the room screaming, as it would be to keep doing my work - so I sit totally still because I don't trust my actions, and keep moving the scroll bar on the computer screen so it looks like I'm just reading. The counsellor suddenly goes all silent, I ask him what he's thinking, and he says his mind is going in a hundred directions at once.
- After 6 months, I'm writing to Donna Williams, saying I'm not autistic but telling her the story of how I first met her writing. The same session as I bring him her response, the counsellor brings in an article about Dawn Prince-Hughes. I ask him why he would show it to me of all people, does he think I have Asperger's? He says that I'm "on the autistic spectrum" in that way of a person saying, "I know you're not gonna like this, but it's true." I say, "Well, if I am, I'm right up at the mild end." He gives me a look like "Don't give me that bullshit" and says, "Some things are mild and some things are not so mild." I don't have the guts to ask which things are which.
- A little while later, he's inviting me to a spectrum support group he's setting up, so I figure he must think I belong there. He's also offering me the chance to get an official evaluation, which I turn down for fear that it would hurt my career if anyone found out.

So that's the extent of the story, and the reason I kind-of-but-not-officially have an "autism spectrum disorder" diagnosis.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2006, 05:42:35 PM »
Would you rather be trapped in a room for several hours with Dr. Phil playing on a television set at an unignorable (but not physically painful) volume, or just be trapped in the same room with no entertainiment whatsoever?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2006, 07:37:17 PM »
Oh, I'd rather have the Dr. Phil, easily. It's so much fun to rip apart.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2006, 05:13:58 AM »
What is it about the particular way you live your life that makes you most proud?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2006, 07:46:04 AM »
Neuroman pegged it pretty well. It's up to you to decide whether I have a right to claim those words or not though. There are plenty of people who would say I couldn't, starting with one of the ones I go to when I'm upset.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 01:17:55 PM by Pyraxis »

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2006, 04:41:09 PM »
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2006, 06:38:36 PM »
WD1.1 W++ T---? N-- S--? RHa G--- L+ g+? F-- A-? w- C-- D--- t+++ P? r+ a# nCDN c+++

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2006, 05:01:35 AM »
is there such a thing as a land building up code?
do you have one of those?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2006, 07:55:18 AM »
A what?? Sorry, you've lost me on this one.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2006, 01:23:22 AM »
Watership Down code?
 land building up code?

water or land
ship or building
down or up