Author Topic: Ask Pyraxis anything  (Read 46020 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Ask Pyraxis anything
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2006, 08:01:50 AM »
Recruitment of new members, so that we don't have to bite each others' heads off in order to get our fill of drama. Word of mouth has gotten us a few, but we need a lot more, and that's going to take some organization and effort. (Side note: I'm irritated that people argued with Shima and trashed her for making the coup when she was one of the only ones around here who seemed to have the knowledge or willingness to organize mass recruitment.) I think Intensity was at its best when it was caught between forum wars and I would like to see that happen more often. We need more members with ties to other forums, not just OTS and Neurolands. We need people to go in and actively recruit their unwanted. We need to sell ourselves as an independent proving ground for people to resolve fights that get shut down elsewhere.

As for maintaining core beliefs, I'm not entirely sure. I don't know what would be a better government for the forum long term: democracy, Eamonn-Omega monarchy, or something else entirely. We need more political theorists.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2006, 10:25:55 AM »
what about a democratic monarchy?
Misunderstood.

hiroshima

« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2006, 10:45:18 AM »
Pyraxis, I apologize if this question was already asked of you, but what does your username mean, and, do you have or have you ever had an obsession with fire?

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2006, 03:59:43 PM »
What's the weirdest inanimate object you've ever spoken to?
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2006, 09:06:56 PM »
what about a democratic monarchy?

What exactly is a democratic monarchy? Ain't that an oxymoron?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2006, 09:18:37 PM »
in one day, both you and vetivert used the word aint.

is that a coinky-dink?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2006, 10:02:01 PM »
Pyraxis, I apologize if this question was already asked of you, but what does your username mean

The original Pyraxis was born for the first and only BESM campaign I've ever played (then I went back to real RPG's,  ::) ). She was a flame vampire, who lived off heat instead of blood. But more than that, she was my archetype of the innocent killer. She fed in the same way a predator feeds, just part of the evolution cycle, but grinning like a little anime girl the whole time. It's hard to explain her spirit in words.... it's just something I did at the time, and it worked. She was evil and totally oblivious to it, and her oblivion led her to do great things that the other characters wouldn't dare. She would walk right up to the arch-villain while the other characters froze or ran, and ask "Hey, whatcha reading?" When told it was the Book of Ultimate Evil, she would ask to borrow it. And she would get away with it out of pure charisma, which is something I had never been able to pull off IRL. And months later near the end of the game, she had so adeptly turned around the plot that she was now walking right into Hell to save the soul of said arch-villain, and did it too, much to the bewilderment of the GM who never quite figured out how the mortal enemy he had planned for the game was suddenly in the role of victim.

So basically she took her evil nature and tapped it for its strengths, to do more good than the so-called "good" people could.

I also use the name to represent the union of creativity and aggressiveness.

do you have or have you ever had an obsession with fire?

Only symbolically. In the real world I'm a complete wuss when it comes to fire and don't even like setting off fireworks. Too jumpy already, last thing I need is more loud noises and potential burning embers. But I'm drawn to mental extremes, the fringes of human existence. I love intensity in all forms, even the painful ones. And I've loved fire colors since before I could talk.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »
She was a flame vampire

then why don't you flame more?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2006, 07:55:45 AM »
What's the weirdest inanimate object you've ever spoken to?

Probably the respective disassembled bits of my computer. "My preciousss......"

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2006, 07:58:45 AM »

is that a coinky-dink?

Curse you. You figured me out. All right, I confess, just leave me alone! Lucifer has been my sockpuppet all along.... It's all part of my sinister master plan to overwhelm the site and impose my personal PC philosophy on all the hapless members.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2006, 07:59:40 AM »
She was a flame vampire

then why don't you flame more?

I think you've mistaken me for someone with a sense of humor.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2006, 08:29:12 AM »
my bad.

but i haven't mistaken you with a person who is respectful of others?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2006, 08:37:56 AM »
Touche.

Though this is my thread and I'll be a bitch here if I feel like it. So be warned I'm not literally PMS-ing, but I may as well be.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2006, 12:45:04 PM »
take it out on me.
i have the moxie to take it.

no problems with me, being your soundingboard?
not really a question,  but i do like to obey, so i put a question mark at the tail end?
Misunderstood.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2006, 02:20:01 PM »

is that a coinky-dink?

Curse you. You figured me out. All right, I confess, just leave me alone! Lucifer has been my sockpuppet all along.... It's all part of my sinister master plan to overwhelm the site and impose my personal PC philosophy on all the hapless members.

i hasten to add that I'm the one with the Odour Eaters.

:P