Educational

Author Topic: What is this.. the fifth time?  (Read 3392 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: What is this.. the fifth time?
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2008, 06:56:53 PM »
that's poo, pea.  keep trying, though, won't you?  i know you can do it.

I had to give up my Income Support and apply for Working Tax Credit (because I'll be on a low income) to get this job, and now I have to re-apply for it all again by phone. Fucking wankers.  ::)

And it wasn't my fault that I didn't know how to use a strapping machine to reinforce the cardboard packaging -- they advertised for INEXPERIENCED workers.
They didn't even train you, just expected you to psychically know how to do someonthing you'd never done?  That's pretty dumb on their part- how the hell would they ever get anyone to do things properly?

NTs can! Da-adadadaaa!

Not on that kinda low-end job. If they were not
paying you enough to live off of, chances are they're
going to be pretty disappointed with whatever they get.

ozymandias

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
Sounds like an interesting story, if you ever do decide to tell it. Glad you got the hell out - took me two years, but my place was nowhere near as bad by the sound of it.

In a nutshell they had a whole list of rules totalling several pages.   Most of which could get you expelled for.  Swearing, leaving school grounds alone, etc.  In the first month I remember at least 15 boys being expelled before I was.  In hindsight, I now consider it a badge of honor.  It was a brutal  place.  1970, the year of surviving hell part 2. 

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2008, 07:48:51 PM »
What annoys me is how many useless and pointless jobs WE are supporting. I phoned up parent partnership in the hope of them helping me to understanding the point of all the people sitting in our school meetings and taking notes while seeming to have no practical purpose.

She wouldn't answer and arrived at the next meeting, and sat and took notes   >:(

How many meetings have to be held to just cut someone some slack anyway?

So, who all sits in on your IEP meetings?

We make a point of making everyone explain themselves and what they are doing there if there is someone attending that we don't already know.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2008, 02:34:12 AM »
Sounds like an interesting story, if you ever do decide to tell it. Glad you got the hell out - took me two years, but my place was nowhere near as bad by the sound of it.

In a nutshell they had a whole list of rules totalling several pages.   Most of which could get you expelled for.  Swearing, leaving school grounds alone, etc.  In the first month I remember at least 15 boys being expelled before I was.  In hindsight, I now consider it a badge of honor.  It was a brutal  place.  1970, the year of surviving hell part 2. 

I survived Hell that year too. I made it out of my Mother's womb.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline choccybiccy

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2008, 06:44:50 AM »
What annoys me is how many useless and pointless jobs WE are supporting. I phoned up parent partnership in the hope of them helping me to understanding the point of all the people sitting in our school meetings and taking notes while seeming to have no practical purpose.

She wouldn't answer and arrived at the next meeting, and sat and took notes   >:(

How many meetings have to be held to just cut someone some slack anyway?

So, who all sits in on your IEP meetings?

We make a point of making everyone explain themselves and what they are doing there if there is someone attending that we don't already know.

I dunno, I changed schools in the end, I still don't really understand what went on. People kept changing into teams and things and it all just distracted me from the fact that the teachers didn't have a clue and needed too. The whole IEP thing just never seemed to be much of an issue. Things are much better now.
Womma entity

ozymandias

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2008, 07:20:18 AM »

I survived Hell that year too. I made it out of my Mother's womb.

The funny thing in hindsight.....was that summer before I went to a Private Catholic Boys School.......I narrowly dodged getting molested by the parish priest.   ::)  Maybe it was a sign of things to come..  :P  Either way, I believe to this day that my AS kept me from a fate that fell on several other boys in the church.  As I later found out when I spoke up about it to the NH Attorney General and the Supervising Archdiocese of my home town.  The NH attorney general was investigating allegations of Pedophile priests going as far back as they could.  So I felt it was time to give my account of what happened to me.  Unfortunately the pervert priest had died long before all the sex abuse crap exploded onto the public awareness.  BUT, he did have a lengthy list of victims before he died.  So I consider what I did to get me expelled from a school a "blessing in disguise".  Because the allegations and evidence pointed to a helluva lot of abuse at the Private school from the headmaster on down and for decades that the school was in business.  It has since been closed and turned into a condo's and resorts, since it's on the shores of a Lake and is quite picturesque.

thepeaguy

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2008, 08:09:13 AM »
that's poo, pea.  keep trying, though, won't you?  i know you can do it.

I had to give up my Income Support and apply for Working Tax Credit (because I'll be on a low income) to get this job, and now I have to re-apply for it all again by phone. Fucking wankers.  ::)

And it wasn't my fault that I didn't know how to use a strapping machine to reinforce the cardboard packaging -- they advertised for INEXPERIENCED workers.
They didn't even train you, just expected you to psychically know how to do someonthing you'd never done?  That's pretty dumb on their part- how the hell would they ever get anyone to do things properly?

NTs can! Da-adadadaaa!

Not on that kinda low-end job. If they were not
paying you enough to live off of, chances are they're
going to be pretty disappointed with whatever they get.

Shouldn't have hired me then if they're going to be easily disappointed. :P

I take it that Cal is still holding a grudge. Bless. :zoinks:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:00:02 AM by thepeaguy »

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2008, 09:44:03 PM »

Shouldn't have hired me then if they're going to be easily disappointed. :P

No question. I don't understand what makes companies think
that they can get reasonable workers for shit pay.

I take it that Cal is still holding a grudge. Bless. :zoinks:

Nope. I've been there. Yeah, I get too excited about work
to get canned so quickly, but soon enough those kinds of
jobs teach you that you're unwanted. You probably were
wise pissing them off faster than I would.