Educational

Author Topic: Women/family debate (split from ask McJ anything)  (Read 3092 times)

Hypnotica_Gaze

Women/family debate (split from ask McJ anything)
« on: June 28, 2006, 08:30:22 PM »
what are your childrens grandfathers like, do you think they will be such strong influences in their lives?

Im kinda gutted that by the time i have kids, my grandfather and grandmother will probably be gone. Because probably like your grandfather, they are the kind of people that kids should get the opportunity to grow up knowing.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: ask me anything - mcj answers them
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 08:40:16 PM »
what are your childrens grandfathers like, do you think they will be such strong influences in their lives?

Im kinda gutted that by the time i have kids, my grandfather and grandmother will probably be gone. Because probably like your grandfather, they are the kind of people that kids should get the opportunity to grow up knowing.

No i doubt that the baby boomers have too much to offer anybody, IMO.  most of them are full of crap, greedy and selfish.

my wife and i plan on remaining married and being positive role models (thank god for her in that phase of the plan).
i think it is crucial for parents to remain married and for them to take gut checks often.  i also think that parents signed up for lifetime responsibilities and should honor that responsibilities.

back to the baby boomers,  they are the beginning of de-evolution of humankind, IMO.  they shirked nearly all of their responsibilities, thir greatest contributions have been entertainment based ( to raise their children for them).  they are piles of waste and although i like my father alot, he fits into the same category as a non role model type.

one reason i have a problem with the womans movement is because it tells women that they need to go out into the job market.  tells women that being a mother is demeaning, its all about money...
back to the baby boomers greed.

well i feel that the woman, with her natural maternal instincts and her ability to raise children better than men, is and should be the most rewarding job of all.  you get to mold lives.  see the next phase in humanity started off in the right direction.
i understand that women need more equality ( because of the abuses of my fathers generation), but i refuse to pay for their sins.  i will honor my responsibility and do the best i can ( given that i do not have the natural instincts).  i will study my wife and learn from her...

rant complete, in part.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 09:09:03 PM »
In what ways are men expected to pay for the previous generation's sins (about women)?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Hibakusha

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 09:18:25 PM »
no baby boomers = no McJ

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 09:23:12 PM »
whew.  a softball question.

the second i looked and saw that it was you who responded to my rant, i got worried that i left open some sort of loophole.
this one is easy:

in droves, the babyboomer men left their families, divorce skyrocketed, and the traditional family all but died.
not only that, they shirked their financial responsibilities as well.  leaving women and children having a hard time coping.  thus the new terminology single working mom and latch key kids.
women were not making as much as men in the workplace ( i suspect as encouragement to do the most noble of professions, raising children).  but this wouldn't do.  since women had to work due to the sins of my fathers generation.  women needed to be eleveated in financial status.

thus the spawning of true feminism.  which in my opinion has went a bit too far.  what about children in the age that resulted in a two income family?  i firmly believe that the feminist movement has done more harm then good (in total).  i believe that the feminist movement has made it necessary for more likenesses in the sexes rather than an equality of the sexes.  their are no more defined roles, and the next generations of humans are left to suffer from this.

i blame the men, make no mistake about that.  but i truly think that my fathers generation ( and i say fathers, because i believe their actions caused this slippery slope) has done nothing to better humanity.  as i said previously i think they have caused the de-evolution of mankind ( to be ironic).

i am not offered many options about being a man.  the workplace has become flooded and cutthroat.  there are not many options in the workforce, by and large.  this is due to women having to (by necessity) enter the workforce en masse.  uck it all we are all paying for the sins of my fathers generation.  i refuse to take the blame for it.  i will point the finger where it belongs, and go about my business honering my responsibilities.

the end.  in part.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 09:24:23 PM »
no baby boomers = no McJ

yeah, so you had a gleam in your fucking eye.  you are closer to generation X than anything.  fuck them, i dont owe them a thing.
Misunderstood.

Hibakusha

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 09:37:25 PM »
did you create your existance out of nothing?

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 09:39:19 PM »
Well i actually agree with a fair bit of that.

My grandfather taught me to get a good education (made sure i got one) and have goals however he also shared alot of my morals about family life.
My grandfather and grandmother were great parents.

When a women chooses to get married and have kids, i actually do believe her job is to be a wife and to nurture and look after their children. (i also think the father should help as much as he can too)  I must admit i dont like this new age of women having children then passing them on to other people to rear for them. I think theres no point in them conceiving them if they arent gonna bring them up themselves and actually be proper mothers.

Obviously in some situations a woman feels she still has to/needs to work or still wants to work. However the minute i decide to have children that will become my main priority, responsibility and focus. If it comes to the point where i have kids but need to work (if im not as financially secure as i am now) or want to work, i would find another alternative somehow and id wait till my children were at nursery/school and i would try get a job that fit in with those hours, so i could work yet still be a mother in every sense of the word. I also believe there are too many ambitious women who dont want to compromise their careers for their children. As far as im concerned when i have children, my full-time position is being their mother. Everything else will need to come secondary including my career. Being a 2nd rate mother doesnt do kids any favours.

Obviously my comments may piss alot of women off.
I apologise if they do, but its just my personal opinion.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 09:41:13 PM »
did you create your existance out of nothing?
what the hell does that have to do with being a gleam in your eye, and then subsequently shirking responsibilities.
that is what the baby boomers did in droves.
should i be grateful for someone cause they satisfied a hardon?
Misunderstood.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 09:44:27 PM »
 :laugh:

Hibakusha

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 09:49:22 PM »
This issue as far as im concerned, needs no further replies from me.
Its all pretty self explanatory.

You got other problems, deal with them.

Hibakusha

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 09:50:26 PM »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 09:50:49 PM »
HG,
Obviously my comments may piss alot of women off.
I apologise if they do, but its just my personal opinion.

need i remind you about what you say when you are honest and when people have the time to consider what you have said?

their is nobilty in speaking with logic, even to the illogical.  as a person lives their day and processes what they have heard and then make correlations with their obserations it begins to ring true for them.

at first, maybe.  in the long run, barley.  but you will have taught many people a truer version other than what has been force fed to them from people who are masking their own guilt.  and the media and whatever their agenda is.

never be PC, that is my advice to anybody who will listen.  PC takes away individual thought and responsibility.
buck the system and all you know!!!!
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 09:51:37 PM »
Misunderstood.

Hibakusha