Author Topic: Can Aspies go to parties and be married?  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Can Aspies go to parties and be married?
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2008, 01:55:34 AM »
actually, sir les if you would read the thread from start to finish you would find that i didnt embaress myself at all and just gave my opinion.

what happend was, you and everyone else felt threatend because i said you (they) didnt have arseburgers.

and i still dont

Really? Holy shit I was too busy laughing at you to register that I felt threatened. I have the diagnosis and the signed off paper from a psychologist to "verify" but firstly he may have it wrong (and you are right - worth a giggle in itself) and secondly if he has it wrong and I am just your average everyday fuckwit, I would be none the wiser and would not give a shit any way.

At which point do I feel threatened? If so by what? Asperger's? Arse Burgers? You.....Please don't seriously say I am threatened by you?  :LMAO:

Where was I? Oh yeah the owning thing. I admit I did not read it from start to finish. I was not too emotionally invested in the argument.
You were deluded into thinking everyone was in a clique because they liked each other and not you? You had some kind of a beef with Odeon or DirtDawg? You had burgers on your arse? I dunno?

It did not look like it was going to get anymore interesting by seeing more of your posts in it. So I admit I may have lost a little in translation. That"owning everyone" bit I may have missed. I am sure it was a sick burn that devastated the membership.....or not.

As for not embarrassing yourself? I feel your pain. The inability to feel embarrassment when you ought to is a tough one. May be a comprehension thing.

Good luck with your Burgers...hope some hemorrhoid cream will fix it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 01:59:42 AM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2008, 02:08:46 AM »
actually, sir les if you would read the thread from start to finish you would find that i didnt embaress myself at all and just gave my opinion.

what happend was, you and everyone else felt threatend because i said you (they) didnt have arseburgers.

and i still dont

You still don't what?

comminicate well?

i think he meant embarass himself.

I think he meant "use apostrophes".
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2008, 02:45:47 AM »
:laugh:

Offline omega

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2008, 04:02:41 AM »
Can Aspies go to parties and be married?
I don't see any reason why they can not get married and go to parties. I think the main difference is that they usually won't feel as comfortable doing it as the average NT.

I do have a partner and we live together as if we are married. The main reasons we are not married is because I don't see any benefit to it and I *really* don't want to have a wedding party. I am sure the family would do their best to surprise us with all kinds of funny wedding "thingies" *  :'(
(* sorry, I have no idea what the correct English word would would be). 

Another reason is that I just don't like to do "official" things and will avoid it if I can. I would marry my partner if she would insist though (but luckily she doesn't, phew!!)

I go to parties, some because I want to, but most because my partner wants me to go. Some parties are horrifying (chit chat parties with little booze and people I only know vaguely), some are fun. The fun parties are usually the ones with people I know well, and of course where there's lots of booze and snacks ;-)