Educational

Author Topic: help me quit smoking  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: help me quit smoking
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 04:41:14 PM »
Might led to more sex :laugh: :wanker:

You should take it up then.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 02:45:46 PM »
nearly 3 days and going strong!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2008, 02:51:56 PM »
nice one, jman.   :clap:

:thumbup:

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2008, 02:53:13 PM »
nearly 3 days and going strong!

Your the boss. >:D

I would take out anything else in my path that would make me fail.  Try to stay positive, and make lifestyle changes if you need them.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2008, 02:54:27 PM »
As you can see I am pretty desperate posting on intensity asking for support to quit smoking. It's been an hour and a half since my last ciggy. Not much of an achievement but every little bit counts. so post some digusting statsitcs, encouraging facts, etc anything to help me quit. I'll keep you guys updated.

How's it going, Jman?

I know it has been three days, but otherwise?

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2008, 02:57:48 PM »
Well I am hanging in there by a thread TBH, I have strong urges that come and go, like right now I just a smiley with a ciggy in his mouth and that didn't really help. I've been to the convienient store twice in the past two days, and resisted the urge to purchase another pack.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2008, 03:01:08 PM »
My brother quit smoking cold turkey like you are doing.  He chewed gum at those times he would have smoked, like he went outside and chewed gum instead of going outside for a smoke.  It helped him. 

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2008, 03:06:25 PM »
Those cravings start to come less frequently, and weaker with time...  You've gotten through the worst of it though now.  You just have to keep going, and resisting those cravings one at a time.

:clap:
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 03:44:11 PM »
It has to stop eventually, as pms.

You are getting a surge of feel good brain chemicals to numb the damage cigarrettes are doing to your body.  I should said pain with the advertise ment I saw on tv.  Its endorphins, if the advertisment was right, just need to find endorphins some other way.  Love, socialing,  torn muscles, and smiling get your body's endorphins going.  I bet laughter dose to, its also a great workout.  1 minute of laughter burns the same number of calories as 6 minutes of aerobics.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2008, 03:53:43 PM »
There is a little more to this mechanics I know.  Your receptors are used to the high level of endorphins that smoking triggered, it became dependent on that new balance to carry on with your life, now that you don't have them, it has decided to send "cravings" to maintain its distorted hemostasis.  Your receptors shut down after frequent stimulation, they habituate, and then you require more and more,    By trying to quit, you are asking them to upregulate their functions, this is very good, as cigarrettes are pricey.  Rest and recovery like what you are doing builds up strength.  Smokers have higher needs for vitamin c, and beta carotene doesn't mix well with smoking. Before I start killing people with my knowledge, I will shut up :laugh:

zaftig

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2008, 03:54:32 PM »
Piercing gives you an adrenaline kick  :zoinks:

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 04:02:32 PM »
So does riding your bike into the back end of a truck :laugh:

It was amusing to me, as I didn't get hurt. :laugh:

I tried to do a flip on my cousin trampoline, almost broke something, I was quite amused then to. :laugh:

I got hit on my bike by a bus, and before that a car, those where fun. :laugh:

I don't look for these things.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 04:11:21 PM »
So does riding your bike into the back end of a truck :laugh:

It was amusing to me, as I didn't get hurt. :laugh:

I tried to do a flip on my cousin trampoline, almost broke something, I was quite amused then to. :laugh:

I got hit on my bike by a bus, and before that a car, those where fun. :laugh:

I don't look for these things.

please do them lots more, then - we want you to have fun, you know.

zaftig

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »

:lol:

I once crashed my bike into another girls one (stupid twat rode straight at me) because instead of braking I shut my eyes  :laugh:

Have scars to prove it  :zoinks:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 04:21:26 PM »

:lol:

I once crashed my bike into another girls one (stupid twat rode straight at me) because instead of braking I shut my eyes  :laugh:

Have scars to prove it  :zoinks:

photos?

i'm still ogling your avatar, especially the fag in her gob - the irony in this thread is delicious...  :D