Author Topic: PeterMacKenzie vs. Eamonn  (Read 768 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
PeterMacKenzie vs. Eamonn
« on: June 24, 2006, 02:14:25 AM »
I agree that possibly this could have been better handled privately (though a disagreement with one's methods is just that as far as i know there's no conspiracy) but there are other incidents that make me question Peter's character including the skyshot of happeh's house complete with address and the photoshot mock-up of a member who appeared to be vulnerable at the time (flourescent).

Whilst  Peter was having his fun with these people Omega Female was busy in the admin forum trying to help the same possibly vulnerable members. I realise that Omega female and i have made mistakes but unlike some people (Peter springs to mind here) we are capable of admitting them and trying to learn from them. Peter seems to think there's nothing wrong with his actions, just because he gains access to people's information/photo's legally doesnt mean that it is ok to save them and make them public, it certainly doesnt lend to one's credentials as admin material.

Are we a support group here?  Because we're bloody well sounding like it.  Are you saying I shouldn't have been having fun?  That I should have been offering free counselling to any members who'd been having a bad day?  You've got the wrong fucking site.  Piss off to Ramoth Harbour; you'll fit in there by the looks of things.

What mistakes have I made?  What should I be admitting to and learning from?  Gathering materials from the public doman, which other people have conciously put there, is neither criminal or immoral, and giving a sharp prod to the members is what we're all about.  This is a place where people learn to fight, and where they discover their own strengths and weaknesses.  We're not here to coddle anybody; we're the nasty, scary site where only the toughest can hack it and where everybody gets their ego bruised at some point or other. 

You make it sound like I took photos of Neuroman cuddling his teddy in his bedroom and then posted them all over the forums he visits, when all I did was, in happeh's case, to provide pre-existing information in a trivially different from (information that can be obtained via a whois inquiry by anyone, at any time, and which was available on the forums here at the time), and in Fluorescent's case to produce a very tame, though rather amusing, picture that at the worst would could have upset him and made him leave for safer forums, but as it turns out, he's made of stiffer stuff than that, and is now one of the more rhobust members here; an outcome which exactly matches the founding goals of intensity; a place to teach autistics to suck it up and fight back.

While a side-effect of that process is that people will get hurt and admins may need to administer some emotional fist aid, guess what?  I'm an ordinary member, not an admin, and any help I offer to people is above and beyond the call of duty.

Perhaps you we should be questioning your suitability as admin with your attitude.  Did you get soft on us?  Have you forgotten why this place was created?  Or are you just throwing random flak at me to help out Omega?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Postperson

Re: PeterMacKenzie vs. Eamonn
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 02:31:57 AM »
I've been wondering if you were a sociopath of some type. I think that people with other sociopathies gravitate to autism as a less stigmatising dx than sociopath.

Eamonn

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 03:05:55 AM »
I dont see much point in this argument because you see nothing wrong in stalking people and sharing photos of people's person's and private address for kicks and laughs. Being Intensity doesnt mean that we have to be pricks all the time, it just means that as long as it's legal then we wont stop you. I share Postperson's fears for you over sociopathy as you seem to think this behaviour is ok.

I will admit though that i have a tremendous respect for Omega and her work here and that's partly why i decided to comment on your actions. There are other reasons like the fact i think you take online spats too far over what is just clashes of opinion and because id had my motives put into question. I understand that the comments you made were supposed to be private so i dont condemn you for that. However, saving people's photo's, taking screenshots of their house and posting them on the forum etc is a bit over the top and stalker-like imo. Of course you're a nasty scary person on a nasty scary site, so you're welcome to disregard this view (as i know you will), wild-child.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 02:17:07 AM »
You know nothing of me or my actions.  Sociopaths torture animals, yet I was the kid at school who got upset when the other kids stamped on worms.  I've never hit anyone, because I've always been so averse to hurting people, even though many, many people deserved it.  I've spent countless hours helping people with who've been suicidal, anorexic, depressed or just generally in need of someone to talk to, often staying up for hours past when I should have gone to bed, feeling like shit the whole time, because someone was having a particular crisis and needed me to be there for them.  I do this because I care about them and want them to be happy; there's no personal gain involved in it, unless you count the development of friendships.  Yes, that's right; I have friends.  People actually like me, and for some people, it's a happy event indeed when I message them to say 'hey'.

When I come here, I like to unwind from that and not have to tiptoe around everybody for fear of them killing themselves.  Even then, I don't attack people.  I may prod them a bit, and I'll certainly argue with someone I have a disagreement with, but I don't get my rocks off on sitting here and throwing insults at people to make them feel shit.  Look to PostPerson for that sort of behaviour.  I can play rough with people, and sometimes someone gets hurt, but I feel no malice towards any of you.  If you think I'm a nasty pric and a stalker because of the way I save pictures and occasionally photoshop them as a jibe at someone, you're welcome to that opinion, but you're gravely mistaken if you think I'm a sociopath.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Eamonn

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 02:39:28 AM »
I dont feel malice towards you either, i just think that you could have handled a couple of situations a bit better (a particular problem on aspie sites is a lack of TOM and humility towards others and an ability to apologise or admit fault, so im looking out particularly for those things in this election) Of course as a member you can act how you like, but as you're running for admin, im keen to see how you handle my enquiries before you are possibly put in the deep-end. (AFAIK you are one of the favourites to get voted in)

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 02:54:54 AM »
If you mean I could have handled the situation with Omega better, then perhaps you're right, but it's a very complicated situation; maybe more so than you're aware.  I'll admit I'm not perfect, and right now I'm struggling with that particular situation and how best to deal with it, but I'm trying.

Postperson

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 04:46:38 AM »
oh ok then.

I get into trouble with those 'witty' negative opinions too. It's hard to resist but sometimes you're being provoked to say things just so others can run around going "s/he said......"

My new motto, (got this from another forum as very useful advice to burn into one's brain) Never make a comment on someone unless you'd say it to their face.

I think there may be something missing with you Pete, but no need to go on and on about these things, only wanted an acknowedgement that it may have been poor judgement.

thepeaguy

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 11:55:49 AM »
Memories of the way they were...

Peter M doesn't seem to care much for anything these days.