Author Topic: A question of origins  (Read 3400 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: A question of origins
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 01:53:37 PM »
Quote from: Peter
humans 2 million years ago

Depends on what you mean by human.  If you mean Australopithecus afarensis, then that number should be about 3 or 3.5 million years ago.

If you mean Homo sapiens, then it should be about 200,000 years ago.

Also, I believe in souls.  I can't prove this belief scientifically and I won't even try.  It is just a question of faith.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 02:01:40 PM »
It's flawless.

Yeah, like throwing witches in the lake to see if they float.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 02:08:43 PM »
Or very small stones.  :laugh:

ozymandias

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 02:10:45 PM »
IN THE BEGINNING was the void.  And therein dwelt Dunc and PI.  And as they inhabited the void, Dunc gazed at PI and PI gazed at Dunc and they both saw that it was good.  As they were both bored and they saw that each was good, they copulated on the 1st day, they copulated on the second day, they copulated on the third day, they copulated on the fourth day, they copulated on the fifth day, Now you know why they call it the big bang! :eyebrows:  And on the 6th day, it came to pass that Dunc and PI both cameth (or cumeth) forth.  And from Dunc cameth forth The miilky way and all the other galaxies that filled the void with light.  From PI cameth forth the Planets and lastly the Earth, the air, the oceans and all living things, including humanity.  And Dunc and PI saw that it was good, and it certainly felt good too. :eyebrows:

But I digress

And LO towards the end of the 6th day, man created beer and Dunc saw and thought that it was good. :green:

And on the 7th day, he took beer and rested, and he thought that this was fucking good!   :green: :beergrin:

And then PI cameth unto Dunc and there was no rest, but, it was good! :boobs: :penis: :afterglow:

The_P

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 02:14:03 PM »
I always have been,
and always will be.

This is merely a dream
to pass eternity.

Or you are just insanely afraid of the end of your own existence.   Despite what mommy said, you are not special.   That statement just verifies your belief in an immortal soul.   Where would you put the soul?   Every single part of the human body other than the brain can be replaced and the "soul" of the individual remains intact.   The soul is an invention of the brain, to put people afraid of death at ease about what happens after they die.   They cannot accept that they will sleep endlessly basically.   Their life isn't meaningful or fufilling enough so they hope for something better after they die.   Their hopes are in vain.

Other than details of years I would agree with Peter.   The first cause argument is questionable and weak usually in how it is presented.

Looking at things the wrong way. All existence is centered about me.
Including time. If I end, it all does. A perfectly rational way of looking
at it.

I kinda feel the same way as you do.

I must be a narcissist, after all.

Behold, I am the centre of the universe! You all exist for me!

All delusions at the end of the day.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 02:17:05 PM by ZePromus »

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 02:17:25 PM »

I must be a narcissist, after all.

Of course. No one would troll
the way you do, otherwise.  :laugh:

The_P

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 02:38:06 PM »
Anyway, here's a sneak preview of Real-Life Fantasy:

Sometime in the future, I evolve into a malicious entity brimming with hatred, thanks to my trolling training. My new goal is to bring death and destruction upon the human race. Cue a heroic team consisting of NTs and autistics as they're about to take on me to save their pathetic world, for I am real life's final boss.

Of course, as with all Japanese RPGs, the final bosses are piss easy to kill. Fuck you Hatioshi Sakimoto, oh King of Kings!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 02:39:55 PM by ZePromus »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 02:40:26 PM »
IN THE BEGINNING was the void.  And therein dwelt Dunc and PI.  And as they inhabited the void, Dunc gazed at PI and PI gazed at Dunc and they both saw that it was good.  As they were both bored and they saw that each was good, they copulated on the 1st day, they copulated on the second day, they copulated on the third day, they copulated on the fourth day, they copulated on the fifth day, Now you know why they call it the big bang! :eyebrows:  And on the 6th day, it came to pass that Dunc and PI both cameth (or cumeth) forth.  And from Dunc cameth forth The miilky way and all the other galaxies that filled the void with light.  From PI cameth forth the Planets and lastly the Earth, the air, the oceans and all living things, including humanity.  And Dunc and PI saw that it was good, and it certainly felt good too. :eyebrows:

But I digress

And LO towards the end of the 6th day, man created beer and Dunc saw and thought that it was good. :green:

And on the 7th day, he took beer and rested, and he thought that this was fucking good!   :green: :beergrin:

And then PI cameth unto Dunc and there was no rest, but, it was good! :boobs: :penis: :afterglow:

:lol:

:plus:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 03:09:17 PM »
There's an easy way to find out if you're right. :laugh:

SO you think. But, IF I don't continue, what difference does
it matter? (same effect for me)

IF I do, well, then there's no disproof. I still AM.

It's flawless.
No, you die and we all will continue to exist as usual.   It has happened that way for centuries for everyone else in your family line.   Sorry to break it to you, but you are pretty damn insignificant.   I have had plenty of illusions and so called delusions, none could be totally mistaken for reality.   You are just afraid of your own mortality and the overall insignificance of your life after you die.
:P   Internets are super serious.

duncvis

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 04:17:13 PM »
IN THE BEGINNING was the void.  And therein dwelt Dunc and PI.  And as they inhabited the void, Dunc gazed at PI and PI gazed at Dunc and they both saw that it was good.  As they were both bored and they saw that each was good, they copulated on the 1st day, they copulated on the second day, they copulated on the third day, they copulated on the fourth day, they copulated on the fifth day, Now you know why they call it the big bang! :eyebrows:  And on the 6th day, it came to pass that Dunc and PI both cameth (or cumeth) forth.  And from Dunc cameth forth The miilky way and all the other galaxies that filled the void with light.  From PI cameth forth the Planets and lastly the Earth, the air, the oceans and all living things, including humanity.  And Dunc and PI saw that it was good, and it certainly felt good too. :eyebrows:

But I digress

And on the 7th day, he took beer and rested, and he thought that this was fucking good!   :green: :beergrin:

:indeed: :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 04:44:28 PM »

It's flawless.

So then you won't mind if we test the hypothesis? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 04:45:29 PM »

It's flawless.

So then you won't mind if we test the hypothesis? :P

Go ahead. I've proven immortal, so far.   :-\

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 04:47:56 PM »
On the other hand, it could be that you're all simply electrons on my screen (except for Lucifer), here for my amusement. After all, when I shut down my computer, you all cease to exist.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 04:49:23 PM »
You put too much stock in physical stimuli.
I feel just as comfortable putting aside the earth
itself.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2008, 04:58:03 PM »
6000 years ago the Lord did it in a week.  The dinos caught it in Noah's flood.