Author Topic: does anyone know if i should go to the dentist or...  (Read 2041 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
does anyone know if i should go to the dentist or...
« on: December 12, 2007, 05:32:35 PM »
...if i will lose a tooth?

the gum is swollen around the tooth or a coupla teeth and it bled when i brushed. waaah. i really don't want to go to a dentist. can i take care of it myself or will that cost me teeth? :( i dunno what to do. i can't even call to make an appointment. is it lame to let my mom do it?

i will start drinking OJ and brushing my teeth and slushing with that blue stuff and taking vitamins and stuff.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

duncvis

Re: does anyone know if i should go to the dentist or...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 05:39:09 PM »
I've had a little swelling before - hopefully yours will pass. are your teeth generally pretty hard? I haven't been to a dentist in over 12 years myself but I have teeth like granite - I have a little decay on one tooth and a wisdom tooth I got early this year rotted immediately cos it doesn't bite on anything and picks up crap, so when I finally go I'll need two fillings. I figure I got off lightly.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 05:41:07 PM »
It might just be something irritated it when you ate  last I get like that after eating Chinese food if I don't floss right away.  I also never get away without blood when I brush never did :(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Soph

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 05:43:33 PM »
its not lame to let your mom do it. my mum does all mine, she even comes in the room with me lol

it could be gum disease if it bleeds when you brush it - keep brushing it though even if it bleeds, including the gum, instead of just brushing the tooth itself. i used tog et that when i was younger and didnt brush my teeth enough. its nothing serious, it just is a pain in the arse because it can hurt when you brush it until it goes. i think you should go to the dentists anyway though and they can tell you what to do to get it better

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 05:45:24 PM »
my teeth are normal tough i think lol. :orly:

i haven't been to a dentist in a decade. i should though, i have some bacterial stuff on one tooth and now this. all the years of mistreating my body are just slapping me in the face. i have never had swelling before. ???

i never floss, Parts. :( my teeth are squeezed so tight, the string wouldn't probably get between my teeth or out of there. i didn't eat anything weird today. i ate tuna steak and that was new.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 05:50:12 PM »
its not lame to let your mom do it. my mum does all mine, she even comes in the room with me lol

it could be gum disease if it bleeds when you brush it - keep brushing it though even if it bleeds, including the gum, instead of just brushing the tooth itself. i used tog et that when i was younger and didnt brush my teeth enough. its nothing serious, it just is a pain in the arse because it can hurt when you brush it until it goes. i think you should go to the dentists anyway though and they can tell you what to do to get it better

i'm glad i'm not the only one. :) my mom goes with me places. like to get my glasses. i used to go to the doctor alone in finland cuz i had to get pills and i didn't tell mom every time i went. but here i'm scared. the systems are different. i'm scared to even go with her. :( i guess i'll get her to call if i decide to go.

i hope they wear gloves. if they don't i'll have to tell the dentist to wear gloves and they might get mad. lol. why are things always so hard for us?

i brushed the gum lots cuz i read somewhere or heard the gum needs stimulation or something so the gums are supposed to be brushed. i was thinking it needed attention. but then it bled lol.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 05:50:55 PM »
...if i will lose a tooth?

the gum is swollen around the tooth or a coupla teeth and it bled when i brushed. waaah. i really don't want to go to a dentist. can i take care of it myself or will that cost me teeth? :( i dunno what to do. i can't even call to make an appointment. is it lame to let my mom do it?

i will start drinking OJ and brushing my teeth and slushing with that blue stuff and taking vitamins and stuff.

Phoning, anywhere or for any reason, is one of my most despised tasks. You are very lucky if your mom can do it for you.

I try to avoid all phoning, partly because I feel stupid because of a mild delay in processing dialog over the phone, but mainly it just causes me a lot of stress.

A couple of months ago I had to spend hours on the phone unraveling a problem with our insurance. It was a horrible day. Don't feel bad about it.

Let her call for you.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Soph

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 05:52:33 PM »

i'm glad i'm not the only one. :) my mom goes with me places. like to get my glasses. i used to go to the doctor alone in finland cuz i had to get pills and i didn't tell mom every time i went. but here i'm scared. the systems are different. i'm scared to even go with her. :( i guess i'll get her to call if i decide to go.

i hope they wear gloves. if they don't i'll have to tell the dentist to wear gloves and they might get mad. lol. why are things always so hard for us?

i brushed the gum lots cuz i read somewhere or heard the gum needs stimulation or something so the gums are supposed to be brushed. i was thinking it needed attention. but then it bled lol.
my mum comes to the doctors/dentists/opticians with me all the time, and makes all appointments lol
i think they will wear gloves, they do here, and i think they have to so hopefully they will
they said to me to brush the gums a lot, i dunno why but apparently it helps get it better  :-\

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 05:55:02 PM »
I get my wife to make all those appointments :-[

i think they will wear gloves, they do here,

Oh boy the wonderful taste of latex :eh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 05:56:57 PM »
i actually like the taste of latex. :orly:

it's great your wife can do it. hooray for moms and spouses.

Phoning, anywhere or for any reason, is one of my most despised tasks. You are very lucky if your mom can do it for you.

I try to avoid all phoning, partly because I feel stupid because of a mild delay in processing dialog over the phone, but mainly it just causes me a lot of stress.

A couple of months ago I had to spend hours on the phone unraveling a problem with our insurance. It was a horrible day. Don't feel bad about it.

Let her call for you.

yeah, i will. :) maybe you could train your kids to call for you. :orly:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 06:04:02 PM »
thanks everyone i feel better now about my tooth dilemma. :) lol

my mum comes to the doctors/dentists/opticians with me all the time, and makes all appointments lol
i think they will wear gloves, they do here, and i think they have to so hopefully they will
they said to me to brush the gums a lot, i dunno why but apparently it helps get it better  :-\

cool thanks for telling me, i will try to brush the gums more. :) lol i will brush after every meal from now on. i'm afraid to eat anything.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 08:17:12 PM »
I use interdental brushes.  They're much better than floss, and you might be able to get them in at the base of the teeth if it's the crowns that are crammed together.  They don't last me long, unfortunately.  I use the thinnest ones, and they usually break after about 5 minutes of me using them, so it can be expensive, but they're great for clearing up gum infections.

http://www.toothbrushdirect.co.uk/shop.php?CategoryID=35
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 08:33:33 PM »
thanks Pete, i'll look into that. :) :orly:

what i'm afraid of is getting something stuck there. like a piece of string.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 03:17:55 PM »
i actually like the taste of latex. :orly:

it's great your wife can do it. hooray for moms and spouses.

Let her call for you.

yeah, i will. :) maybe you could train your kids to call for you. :orly:

That would be jumping the gun, at this point. Neither of them has ever used a telephone, except to talk to their granndmother, while I listten in and prompt them to resspond verballly.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 03:22:03 PM »
I use interdental brushes.  They're much better than floss, and you might be able to get them in at the base of the teeth if it's the crowns that are crammed together.  They don't last me long, unfortunately.  I use the thinnest ones, and they usually break after about 5 minutes of me using them, so it can be expensive, but they're great for clearing up gum infections.

http://www.toothbrushdirect.co.uk/shop.php?CategoryID=35

I uise those, tooo, but they do not get beloww the gumline and deep into the areas with not enamel as well as floss.

They are the best for betweeen your teeth, though. It is the little cities  that the bacteria builds over night that are the most danger to your gums. The cities are easily wiped away on areas which are protected by enamel. Wait until you have lost some gum and have exposed root areas with no enamel.

... ever heard the term, "long in the teeth?"