Author Topic: Sometimes a noose...  (Read 531 times)

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Sometimes a noose...
« on: December 04, 2007, 11:30:58 PM »
is just a fucking noose.  So somebody was bored taking a shit and tied a noose with TP.  BFD. :wanker:
http://media.www.technicianonline.com/media/storage/paper848/news/2007/11/09/News/Noose.Found.Inside.University.Building-3090808.shtml

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Sometimes a noose...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 11:39:49 PM »
i don't think a TP noose would hold that well.

but seriously. what the hell? i didn't know it was a crime to make stuff out of TP. ::) what's next, they arrest someone for making a an origami gun? or heaven forbid, a paper bomb on a paper plane!
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 12:00:01 AM »
What does it have to do with black people?
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 12:19:53 AM »
they do anything to make it a race issue.
even when it's just some toilet tissue. :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 02:42:38 AM »
I will never forget this incident:
It was just after lunchtime at school. I was in the 4th grade (10 y.o.).
The classroom door was open so the kids arriving from play time (including myself) walked in without waiting for the teacher.

Written on the black board in big chalk letters was "F U C K".
We went apeshit; "OMG," (catholic school) "someone wrote FUCK! Mrs Rafferty is going to fuck up whoever wrote that!"

We started playing detectives, getting the usual trouble makers to display their handwriting on the blackboard for comparison.

Mrs Raff walked in and before we could finish "Mrs RAFF!!!! WE CAME IN FROM LUNCH AND SOMEBODY HAD WRITTEN F...",
she had already wiped it off an was acting as if nothing had happened.

We all calmed down immediately, expecting an afternoon of high drama but instead returing to our school work in a daze.

She was a good teacher.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 02:44:55 AM »
Oh yeah, my point was, often the only harm done from a harmless prank is in the reaction.

No reaction = no harm.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 02:50:38 AM by Bob Fossil »

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 02:45:23 AM »
poor oppressed catholic students. our teachers would have laughed it off if that happened at my school. :P but yeah, your teacher was cool. just too bad you all expected it to be worse.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 02:45:42 AM »
Oh yeah, my point was, often the only harm done from a harmless prank is in the reaction.

:plus:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 03:20:17 AM »
poor oppressed catholic students. our teachers would have laughed it off if that happened at my school. :P but yeah, your teacher was cool. just too bad you all expected it to be worse.

That was actually how I meant to portray it; the teacher casually walked to the blackboard as soon as she saw it, paying no attention to us, and wiped off the word. The then proceeded to cheerfully teach the class as if nothing had happened.

I went to catholic primary and secondary schools, and we definitely weren't oppressed. In Australia, a religious school is just a way of running a cheaper private school. It kinda falls between a public school and a private school, definitely not as strict as a private school!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 03:31:39 AM »
yeah my point was it must be scary in a catholic school. all the kids thought there would be hell to pay.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 06:25:24 AM »
This sort of thing is sweeping through the US at the moment in the NYC area they seem to be finding them everywhere.  When I was a kid we used to make them as a joke type thing I even had one with a teddy bear in it.  It seems only recently that it seems to be attached to the racial thing it was never implied when I was younger
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 07:44:45 AM »
there's been plenty of white kids die in the hands of nooses recent years. :( i really can't fathom why it's a race issue.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

duncvis

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 08:27:41 AM »
my guess is the kkk connotation. hell of a leap to conclusions though - unless it had 'THIS HERE NOOS IZ FUR HANGIN NIGERZ' written on it.  ::)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 08:41:36 AM »
my guess is the kkk connotation. hell of a leap to conclusions though - unless it had 'THIS HERE NOOS IZ FUR HANGIN NIGERZ' written on it.  ::)

That's the way it's being taken these days I think it started someplace with a note kinda like what you said and everybody seems to assume that's what it means intended or not
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 08:51:59 AM »
they do anything to make it a race issue.
even when it's just some toilet tissue. :laugh:

Yes they always do. Anyways, it's probably just some dumbass with too much time on his/her hands. I didn't read about any writing left behind, or about any racial problems at the school so the SAAC need to calm down. I'm not surprised that the police are taking it seriously. If something happens like say a school shooting somewhere down the line, the school would receive a lot of flack if they simply ignored it as a prank.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law