Educational

Author Topic: Muslims get their frilly panties in a twist once again  (Read 6300 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Muslims get their frilly panties in a twist once again
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2007, 01:26:06 AM »
I'm still waiting for an actual argument instead of the hyperbole. Not a problem as such; I wasn't expecting one from you.

As for the Qur'an, I've read it. Have you?

Bigot.
:plus:

What happened in Denmark isn't called freedom of speech but agitation against an ethnic group. Or that's atleast what it's called in Sweden.

agitation what??? there's no free speech in sweden? wtf? is it just me or has sweden taken a nosedive into bizarroworld? :(

Oh come on, they were bloody cartoons.

yeah exactly. what the fuck is wrong with people? agitation against an ethic group? don't they think those extremist psychos are mollycoddled enough since they can't take the slightest criticism? who raised these nutjobs? mommy fucking theresa? like spoiled child kings.  noone ever dares say no, so they grow no fucking skin nor sense of humor. it's sick.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2007, 01:30:05 AM »
There is free speech in Sweden. There's also libel, however.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2007, 01:32:58 AM »
but against a religion? i can understand protection of individuals but religion?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2007, 01:40:09 AM »
No, you can't insult a religion. You can insult an ethnic group of people, however, and ridiculing such a group because of their beliefs could be interpreted as being against the law. I'm not sure if it's been tried properly or not, but I doubt it actually is against the law.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2007, 01:46:30 AM »
muslims aren't an ethnic group, anyone can be muslim.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2007, 01:48:52 AM »
I should have added "religious" to that. Forgot. So shoot me. :P

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2007, 05:41:30 AM »
More hyperbole. If you want to discuss the Qur'an, have the courtesy of reading it first. Be sure to get a decent translation, though--allow me to recommend this one.

Do I have to repeat myself here?? One doesn't need to read Mein kampf cover to cover to understand the evil of Nazism. You can get that much from the first few paragraphs. All the Abrahamic religions are despotic, genocidal, misogonystic, books of intolerance. You can get that from the first few chapters as well. I have better things to do with my time besides reading bronze-age mythology.... like watching paint dry.

bigot
     n : a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions
         differing from his own

Nice description of youself there odeon. You see, diversity über alles and tolerance über alles, can become a dogma in and of themselves. You are intolerant of people who aren't like you, tolerant to the point of cowardice.

I refuse to allow myself to be pushed around by religious bullies who demand respect that their religion doesn't deserve. It doesn't make me a bigot to understand that the Abrahamic religions are a virus of the mind and the majority of muslims have been made sick by it. As I've said earlier, the reason most christians aren't this way, is because they ignore large portions of the bible. Ironicaly, Fred Phelps is a good example of someone who actually tries to follow what the bible actually says. I can't think of a better example of the hate that results from reading these books. Religion poisons everything.

It's NOT hyperbole, to point to religious hyperbole. It's NOT bigotry to point to religious bigotry. I'm not a bigot, by denouncing bigots.

Now excuse me, I have to go take a shit......... and wipe my ass with the pages of the quran.   :tp:

Oooh, and while I'm at it, I think I'll name the steaming pile of shit I leave behind....... Muhammad :poop: 

Scrapheap

« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2007, 05:44:19 AM »
No, you can't insult a religion.

Is is seriously against the law to insult religion in Sweden?? That's inexcusable, if it's true.

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2007, 06:05:14 AM »
No, you can't insult a religion. You can insult an ethnic group of people, however, and ridiculing such a group because of their beliefs could be interpreted as being against the law. I'm not sure if it's been tried properly or not, but I doubt it actually is against the law.
It is against the law to tease someone, to bully someone, to make fun of their religion, their homecountry, their sexuality etc. etc. (unless the person/s you insult is fine with it). It's seen as physical abuse, but it's not highly offendable. Minister Ã…ke Green went into prison for insulting homosexuals  ;D

Of course there is a freedom of speech even here, but we take grate value in peoples feelings since here in Sweden we are wussys who doesn't want to offend anyone. The muhammed cartoons has been publiced here but by the extreme right (read nazis).
Booyah.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2007, 06:18:26 AM »
More hyperbole. If you want to discuss the Qur'an, have the courtesy of reading it first. Be sure to get a decent translation, though--allow me to recommend this one.

Do I have to repeat myself here?? One doesn't need to read Mein kampf cover to cover to understand the evil of Nazism. You can get that much from the first few paragraphs. All the Abrahamic religions are despotic, genocidal, misogonystic, books of intolerance. You can get that from the first few chapters as well. I have better things to do with my time besides reading bronze-age mythology.... like watching paint dry.

More hyperbole. You're trying FUD strategies to defame Islam, here. "Mein Kampf" has nothing to do with Muslims, you're just using it to create that little doubt in the reader's mind.

Unfortunately for you, your rhetorics couldn't convince a 5-yo. If you want an argument, try reading the Qur'an and THEN attack what's in it, instead of implying that you had and then lying about it:

Quote from: Scrap
Read the Quran, it is one of the most hate filled books ever writen...only Mein Kampf comes close.

How do you know if you haven't read it? This is a bigot's strategy.

bigot
     n : a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions
         differing from his own

Nice description of youself there odeon. You see, diversity über alles and tolerance über alles, can become a dogma in and of themselves. You are intolerant of people who aren't like you, tolerant to the point of cowardice.

I'm intolerant of people who will attack religious or ethnic groups without checking their facts (or even trying to), such as yourself. Explain how my opposing your attack against a religious group is bigotry. Explain how an openness to other religions and ideas is bigotry.

I refuse to allow myself to be pushed around by religious bullies who demand respect that their religion doesn't deserve. It doesn't make me a bigot to understand that the Abrahamic religions are a virus of the mind and the majority of muslims have been made sick by it. As I've said earlier, the reason most christians aren't this way, is because they ignore large portions of the bible. Ironicaly, Fred Phelps is a good example of someone who actually tries to follow what the bible actually says. I can't think of a better example of the hate that results from reading these books. Religion poisons everything.

Said by someone who, by his own admission, haven't read these books.

This makes you a bigot:

It doesn't make me a bigot to understand that the Abrahamic religions are a virus of the mind and the majority of muslims have been made sick by it.

Care to explain why you think that this is true? Include examples, and since you attack several religions, include examples that illustrate your points form those others as well. Make an actual argument, for once in your life.

It's NOT hyperbole, to point to religious hyperbole. It's NOT bigotry to point to religious bigotry. I'm not a bigot, by denouncing bigots.

YO

You're a bigot because you attack a religious group based on nothing else than your opinions. You still haven't made an actual argument.

And this post, just as your other ones, are full of hyperbole. Look the word up.

Now excuse me, I have to go take a shit......... and wipe my ass with the pages of the quran.   :tp:

Oooh, and while I'm at it, I think I'll name the steaming pile of shit I leave behind....... Muhammad :poop: 

I'm still waiting for the actual argument. Take your time.

Bigot.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2007, 06:18:55 AM »

Is is seriously against the law to insult religion in Sweden?? That's inexcusable, if it's true.

How's your reading comprehension?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2007, 06:47:05 AM »

No, it's against the law if you insult people.
Booyah.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2007, 06:56:23 AM »

That's wrong.  I can see people wanting to make it illegal but what does that do to free speech.  I don't agree with lots of things people say but  I'd rather they say it so I know who they are and make my own decisions about them instead of being told how to think.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2007, 08:41:08 AM »

That is weak as fuck in my opinion.  I would never live in a country like that.   Totally limits free speech by making it a law thing.   You can publicly ridicule people who insult or get them fired from their job here.   Making it a legal matter is fucked.   We have libel and slander laws here, but that is for insults that aren't true.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/personal_injury/defamation.html
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2007, 09:40:56 AM »
I used to have a ton of stuffed animals
(that's what we called them, in my day).
Kind of gave them up, when I went to
live in the dorms  :laugh:. Then again,
I was mainly just using them sexually, for
the last few years that I had them.

:laugh:

well weren't they lucky? :eyebrows:

Crusty, at the least.