Author Topic: Muslims get their frilly panties in a twist once again  (Read 6300 times)

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
Re: Muslims get their frilly panties in a twist once again
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2007, 12:05:05 PM »
Like I said before in the extreme all religions tend to get wacky I have met both in Muslims they are people too and run the full spectrum of some real nut jobs who I am sure are on the terrorist watch lists to just the regular guy who you would not mind as a neighbor.  The problem in many of the Muslim countries  is they have no exposer to anything but the hard liners who like their positions of power and do almost anything to keep them
Terrorists ain't muslims, what they are doing is violating the Qu'ran (even though they usually claim it's their Jihad, but the big Jihad is the fight within yourself). Problem is that most people don't see that.
Booyah.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2007, 01:41:51 PM »
christians usually get it wrong too. bible itself was altered by people and misinterpreted.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2007, 02:00:14 PM »
Like I said before in the extreme all religions tend to get wacky I have met both in Muslims they are people too and run the full spectrum of some real nut jobs who I am sure are on the terrorist watch lists to just the regular guy who you would not mind as a neighbor.  The problem in many of the Muslim countries  is they have no exposer to anything but the hard liners who like their positions of power and do almost anything to keep them
Terrorists ain't muslims, what they are doing is violating the Qu'ran (even though they usually claim it's their Jihad, but the big Jihad is the fight within yourself). Problem is that most people don't see that.

That's what I mean they are like everybody else and in this world there is no shortage of crazies of all persuasions
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2007, 03:36:42 PM »
I'm sorry but I have to say that Mohammed was a great man, maybe a bit of a loony but he was a good person. The thing that made Mohammed special was that he, of all people, became a great religious leader and the founder of a world religion (and he talked with an angel).

Muhammed did many great things for female and female rights, altough today it might not seem like he did much for women but before Muhammed showed up people would marry up to 20 women and didn't really care for them. Muhammed made a law that said that if you can treat your women equally and care for them all they can marry up to 3 women. But then they most have the money to support them, give dem clothing and food and all that.
 The thing with Islam is that it, just like many other religions, believe in gender roles, men should be out and work while the woman take care of the home, but it is allowed for a female to work as long as she does her duties at home.
 Both women and men are incouraged to study.
Since the female role is in the home, she is mostly economically dependent on the male persons in her family or her husbands family but if she works her money belongs to her but only to her. No one can take that away from her and she doesn't have to care economically for her children.
 In the Qu'ran both male and females should dress respectable infront of God.
Even though it's preferable for a women to be a virgin before she marries, it's just because there is a rule that only pure men and women can marry each other. They basicly share the thought of many christians that thinks it's a sacred thing. Now stop being so prejudiced against Islam and muslims.

Oh, and by the way, the muslims I know are the most kind, caring and generous people of everyone I know, and without them I would be lost and probably depressed. They have done so much for me and they have welcomed me even though I'm not religious and my slutty reputation. They even welcomed my homosexual friend.
I know several people that are Muslims (one atheist who doesn't follow Islam anymore as well) and they are all good people.   That doesn't mean Muhammed was a great guy.    There were a few societies back then that weren't into polygamy at all, nevermind the practice of having 20 wives and such.   He explicity advocates beating your wife if she does not obey you, I don't see how that is good for women's rights.  Muhammed is just as bad as the other Abrahamic religions in that he makes women out to be objects owned by their husbands with very little rights beyond those given to a pet.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/wife-beating.htm

The man made conquests and was successful militarily in causing many deaths.   He is known to have slept with girls as young as 9 years old (married her at 6 or  7 and consumated the marriage at age 9 lol).....   Him talking to an angel is delusion and laughable at best.    Muhammed also makes Polygamy legal and women out to be objects that are pretty much owned by their husbands.   Secular law in western countries do not recognize polygamous marriages, but it is legal in all but 2 Muslim nations for polgamy to exist.   While it limits polygamy, it explicitly states that it should exist as well.   I do like the fact that is says the husband should pay equal attention to each wife though.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2007, 04:43:17 PM »
I know several people that are Muslims (one atheist who doesn't follow Islam anymore as well) and they are all good people.   That doesn't mean Muhammed was a great guy.    There were a few societies back then that weren't into polygamy at all, nevermind the practice of having 20 wives and such.   He explicity advocates beating your wife if she does not obey you, I don't see how that is good for women's rights.  Muhammed is just as bad as the other Abrahamic religions in that he makes women out to be objects owned by their husbands with very little rights beyond those given to a pet.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/wife-beating.htm

The man made conquests and was successful militarily in causing many deaths.   He is known to have slept with girls as young as 9 years old (married her at 6 or  7 and consumated the marriage at age 9 lol).....   Him talking to an angel is delusion and laughable at best.    Muhammed also makes Polygamy legal and women out to be objects that are pretty much owned by their husbands.   Secular law in western countries do not recognize polygamous marriages, but it is legal in all but 2 Muslim nations for polgamy to exist.   While it limits polygamy, it explicitly states that it should exist as well.   I do like the fact that is says the husband should pay equal attention to each wife though.
Of course there were a few societes back then that weren't into polygamy, but must of them where. There is no real evidence of him having sex with her when she was 9 since many say that they didn't consumate til' she was 18 (my personal belief is that they consumated after she had her first period in accordance to the Qu'ran), and marriage/being promised to marriage in that young age was very common (and is still common in some countries), it doesn't really prove a thing except him following the customs at that time. He did a lot for women BACK THEN, of course that is not how you can see it nowadays. Polygamy was legal before Muhammed even was born! And the whole thing with muslim countries... Well I don't think it's relevant to Muhammed. The Qu'ran states that women and men should decide together, and it also says this:
 O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should you treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the dowry you have given them - except when they have become guilty of open lewdness. On the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If you take a dislike to them, it may be that you dislike something and Allah will bring about through it a great deal of good. (4:19)

O mankind! Reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, his mate, and from this pair scattered (like seeds) countless men and women. Reverence Allah, through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and reverence the wombs (that bore you); for Allah ever watches over you. (4:1)

Do not prevent them from marrying their husbands when they agree between themselves in a lawful manner. (2:232)

Muhammed revoked the marriage of him and a women because she said that her father forced her into it saying: “The widow and the divorced woman shall not be married until she has consented and the virgin shall not be married until her consent is obtained.”.

Islam was the first to let married women have their own property, as stated before the money the female earns is entirely hers to spend and she has no obligations for her family in that matter. In Britain, perhaps the first country to give women some property rights, laws were passed in the 1860’s known as “Married Women Property Act.” In Germany i.e. this conception has been responsible for denying the wife any control over her property until 1922 by civil law.

Women shall, in all fairness, enjoy rights equal to those exercised against them. 2:228

About the whole honour murders, it's kinda hard to find 4 witnessess and death penalties isn't talked about;
Those who accuse married women of adultery, then fail to produce four witnesses, you shall whip them eighty lashes, and do not accept any testimony from them; they are wicked. 24:2-4:

And as for those who are guilty of an indecency from among your women, call to witnesses against them four (witnesses) from among you; then if they bear witness confine them to the houses until death comes close to them or God opens some way for them. 4:15

“Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.”
In another translation:
 â€œMen are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband’s) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next) do not share their beds, (and last) beat (tap) them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance): for Allah is Most High, Great (above you all). 4:34-35
But still the wife has the right to leave him. Muhammed didn't beat his wives and in fact he discouraged people from doing so, he even advised girls not to marry men that had a reputation of beating their wives.

The whole vision things, it might be possible that he had schizofrenia, I don't know. Probably not possible that it was a real angel, but still something even I could get visions of and believe in.

And him being a militaristic leader; many men (and women!) in history has been brilliant strategists and such, but they all fight for something they believe in and think is right. Like Boudiccas fight for freedom but she isn't less of a person for killing people.

Booyah.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2007, 05:01:21 PM »
+
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2007, 09:38:13 PM »
Don't generalise, Peter. This is about fucked-up Sudan authorities, teacher colleagues holding grudges, and fundamentalist views among some. Not every Muslim is like that.

The athorities wanted to let her go. It was the clerics who stepped in and made this whole thing into an issue.

Although not all Muslims are like this... most of them are.

You need to read some Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens to awaken you to the real danger posed by Islam.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2007, 02:40:34 AM »

Bigot. -1
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2007, 06:27:31 AM »
Booyah.

Scrapheap

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2007, 10:17:01 AM »

Bigot. -1

You're going to have to think of a better argument than just calling people the "B" or "R" word.

Religion poisons everything... Islam especially

duncvis

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2007, 11:48:38 AM »
I can accept that some are, scrap. thats self-evident from the cocksuckers setting fire to their daughters, flying planes into buildings and demanding the death sentence for cartoonists. but where do you get most from? our survey said: wtf? if that was the case swathes of urban britain would be no-go areas for non-muslims, for starters.

seriously - is there some factual basis for this assertion, or is it just hyperbole?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2007, 12:08:38 PM »
it's hyperbole. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2007, 12:09:36 PM »

Bigot. -1

You're going to have to think of a better argument than just calling people the "B" or "R" word.

Why should I when you don't? Bigot.

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2007, 12:10:58 PM »
what's the R word? R Kelly?
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2007, 12:15:17 PM »
Racist.

- Albert Einstein