Educational

Author Topic: Muslims get their frilly panties in a twist once again  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Muslims get their frilly panties in a twist once again
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2007, 09:41:29 AM »

interesting question. well, if god said to whoever wrote the bible, "write as i dictate, as typewriters haven't been invented yet" and then proceeded to spill his guts, and then there was the bible, and then these other guys come along and they're all like "well our lord satan told us to go fuck with the book god's brownnosers just made, haha" and then they go and screw it all up and start cults that twist the word of god and pretend to be all holy. :P

A god so weak, that it can't control what is happening,
doesn't much impress me.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2007, 09:43:38 AM »

It is against the law to tease someone, to bully someone, to make fun of their religion, their homecountry, their sexuality etc. etc. (unless the person/s you insult is fine with it). It's seen as physical abuse, but it's not highly offendable. Minister Ã…ke Green went into prison for insulting homosexuals  ;D

Of course there is a freedom of speech even here

Doesn't SOUND like it.

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2007, 09:52:29 AM »
No, you can't insult a religion.

Is is seriously against the law to insult religion in Sweden?? That's inexcusable, if it's true.
No, it's against the law if you insult people.

That's wrong.  I can see people wanting to make it illegal but what does that do to free speech.  I don't agree with lots of things people say but  I'd rather they say it so I know who they are and make my own decisions about them instead of being told how to think.
Depends on, like this guy Ã…ke Green, he said the homosexuals was a "abnormal, a horrible cancerous tumor in the body of society," and that they are "perverts, whose sexual drive the Devil has used as his strongest weapon against God." and that they could be "set free and delivered". And since that's considered offensive and he insulted the gay communitive, he was put in jail for a month. There is a great deal of how to judge when it comes to this, one side is freedom of speech and one side is people saying offensive stuff. They are allowed to say what they want to say, but they could be fined if they bring harm to someone.
Booyah.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2007, 10:31:12 AM »

Is is seriously against the law to insult religion in Sweden?? That's inexcusable, if it's true.

Not true. As most countries, we have slander and libel laws. Calling someone ion Sweden a moron does not automatically break against any law.

That is weak as fuck in my opinion.  I would never live in a country like that.   Totally limits free speech by making it a law thing.   You can publicly ridicule people who insult or get them fired from their job here.   Making it a legal matter is fucked.   We have libel and slander laws here, but that is for insults that aren't true.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/personal_injury/defamation.html

It's about the same here, actually. Libel/slander victims in the US can make a lot more money if they win in court, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2007, 11:48:32 AM »
when I hear about this sort of thing it makes me want to attack people with these beliefs.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2007, 01:25:25 PM »

That's wrong.  I can see people wanting to make it illegal but what does that do to free speech.  I don't agree with lots of things people say but  I'd rather they say it so I know who they are and make my own decisions about them instead of being told how to think.
Depends on, like this guy Ã…ke Green, he said the homosexuals was a "abnormal, a horrible cancerous tumor in the body of society," and that they are "perverts, whose sexual drive the Devil has used as his strongest weapon against God." and that they could be "set free and delivered". And since that's considered offensive and he insulted the gay communitive, he was put in jail for a month. There is a great deal of how to judge when it comes to this, one side is freedom of speech and one side is people saying offensive stuff. They are allowed to say what they want to say, but they could be fined if they bring harm to someone.

Here is the problem I have.  When I was younger I lived in Florida the area I was in had a good share of "good old boy types"  who made it clear how they felt about blacks, gays you name it.  You knew how they felt and could deal with them accordingly it was all very in the open.  Now I live in New England the so called enlightened part of the country where racial issues are not talked about and on the surface don't exist.  Let me tell you just because people don't say it they still feel it.  The racism here is at times worse than it was in the South because you never know what the other person thinks.   I being a white guy have stumbled into conversations with people to be appalled at what people say to me thinking I would agree because I am white.  this being said I wish people would speak their minds so I can tell who I want to do business  and associate with without the guess work
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2007, 02:38:30 PM »
:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Quote from: odeon
If you want an argument, try reading the Qur'an and THEN attack what's in it, instead of implying that you had and then lying about it:

Quote from: odeon
Said by someone who, by his own admission, haven't read these books.

BUSTED!!! I knew it was just a matter of time before you talked out of both sides of your mouth!!!

So which one is it odeon?? Did I say that I read the Quran, and then lied about it, or did I admit that I never read it??

You duplicitious lying sack of shit. You can't even get your lies straight.

I HAVE read the Quran... just not all of it.

It's obvious at this point that you don't want to engage in genuine debate and you're simply projecting straw-man arguments on to me.

Go fuck yourself in the ass with the buisness end of a pineaple.

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2007, 04:01:45 PM »
You implied that you had read the Qur'an, then admitted that no, you had only started because (insert your hyperbole here). I'm trying to straighten out your FUD and your lies, Scrap.

The following quote is where you imply you have; after all, if you haven't read it, how can you say that it's "one of the most hate filled books ever writen"?

Quote from: Scrap
Read the Quran, it is one of the most hate filled books ever writen...only Mein Kampf comes close.

Speaking of which, have you read "Mein Kampf"?

Here's where you admitted that no, you had not read the Qur'an:

I've read as much as I can stomach.... a moral person gets sick after only a few chapters.

And, by again comparing it with "Mein Kampf", here:

Do I have to repeat myself here?? One doesn't need to read Mein kampf cover to cover to understand the evil of Nazism. You can get that much from the first few paragraphs.

The implication, your FUD, is that the Qur'an is as evil as "Mein Kampf", from the first page and onwards. Incidentally, the first few paragraphs of "Mein Kampf" are as follows:

On April 1st, 1924, I began to serve my sentence of detention in the
Fortress of Landsberg am Lech, following the verdict of the Munich
People's Court of that time.

After years of uninterrupted labour it was now possible for the first
time to begin a work which many had asked for and which I myself felt
would be profitable for the Movement. So I decided to devote two volumes
to a description not only of the aims of our Movement but also of its
development. There is more to be learned from this than from any purely
doctrinaire treatise.

This has also given me the opportunity of describing my own development
in so far as such a description is necessary to the understanding of the
first as well as the second volume and to destroy the legendary
fabrications which the Jewish Press have circulated about me.

In this work I turn not to strangers but to those followers of the
Movement whose hearts belong to it and who wish to study it more
profoundly. I know that fewer people are won over by the written word
than by the spoken word and that every great movement on this earth owes
its growth to great speakers and not to great writers.

Nevertheless, in order to produce more equality and uniformity in the
defence of any doctrine, its fundamental principles must be committed to
writing. May these two volumes therefore serve as the building stones
which I contribute to the joint work.

The Fortress, Landsberg am Lech.

Scary, but only because we know what happened later. He lashes out against the Jewish Press, but that's about it. The hate parts come later, mostly; the first volume is more of a review of what happened with him and Germany before 1924.

Here are the first few paragraphs of the Qur'an:

With the Name of Allah, the Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer

001.001 In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

001.002 Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;

001.003 Most Gracious, Most Merciful;

001.004 Master of the Day of Judgment.

001.005 Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

001.006 Show us the straight way,

001.007 The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose

(portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

Lots of hate there.

So, instead of the childish insults, why not produce that first argument. Show us why you think that "Although not all Muslims are like this... most of them are."

Until then...

Bigot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2007, 07:45:06 PM »

interesting question. well, if god said to whoever wrote the bible, "write as i dictate, as typewriters haven't been invented yet" and then proceeded to spill his guts, and then there was the bible, and then these other guys come along and they're all like "well our lord satan told us to go fuck with the book god's brownnosers just made, haha" and then they go and screw it all up and start cults that twist the word of god and pretend to be all holy. :P

doesn't much impress me.

god could, but it won't cuz of free will.

don't ask me why there's free will.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2007, 08:32:13 PM »
They are allowed to say what they want to say, but they could be fined if they bring harm to someone.

That's like saying murder is allowed,
but you suffer for committing it.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2007, 08:34:51 PM »

Here is the problem I have.  When I was younger I lived in Florida the area I was in had a good share of "good old boy types"  who made it clear how they felt about blacks, gays you name it.  You knew how they felt and could deal with them accordingly it was all very in the open.  Now I live in New England the so called enlightened part of the country where racial issues are not talked about and on the surface don't exist.  Let me tell you just because people don't say it they still feel it.  The racism here is at times worse than it was in the South because you never know what the other person thinks.   I being a white guy have stumbled into conversations with people to be appalled at what people say to me thinking I would agree because I am white.  this being said I wish people would speak their minds so I can tell who I want to do business  and associate with without the guess work
:agreed:

And you know, you can right out tell those good 'ol boys
what you think. At least they understand that you're telling
the truth. You say something like that, to the bigots of the
refined areas, and the AGREE with you, but then try to argue
against.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2007, 08:39:52 PM »

doesn't much impress me.

god could, but it won't cuz of free will.

don't ask me why there's free will.

There's free will, because WE can't deal
with the possibility that there's not.

Nonetheless, free will is allowable, in the
circumstance mentioned. God could clearly
express the things told to someone who
wrote the Bible, to each and every one of
us. Indeed, to think that God is playing favorites,
and giving some any special insight strikes me
as ridiculous. Instead, one presumes that such
knowledge as necessary to write such words
MUST be present in all of us, and that these
are simply interpretations of what anyone may
see.

Free will doesn't disappear, with such individual
attention - as shown with the story of the fall.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2007, 12:38:36 AM »
free will is an illusion. it's a thing for the stupid. if one is enlightened enough to know the right thing and want to do it, is that free will? i think it's more free will than when someone is free to do stupid things because they don't have the mind capacity or the enlightenedness to know and want to do the right thing. see, when you are enlightened you want to do the right thing. when you are dim, you don't know better so in a sense free will doesn't exist in the world because people are too fucking dim.

They are allowed to say what they want to say, but they could be fined if they bring harm to someone.

well isn't it like that? otherwise we would be unable to murder. but we aren't. so it's allowed.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2007, 02:03:18 AM »

It's not. Murder is a crime, a punishable offense, and the state will (and must) pursue murder charges, according to criminal law. Insults and such, while potentially slander (or libel), do not involve a criminal proceeding. Slander and libel laws are part of civil law.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2007, 06:24:10 AM »

well isn't it like that? otherwise we would be unable to murder. but we aren't. so it's allowed.
Yepp. The only thing we can do is punish someone.
Booyah.