Author Topic: BadgerTom avec Nu Job ooooh yeeeeeea  (Read 841 times)

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
BadgerTom avec Nu Job ooooh yeeeeeea
« on: October 30, 2007, 07:55:39 PM »
Thats right folks....

The Badger has a new job....  its very funny and ironical now that i look back at it :D

I am a...............................  SUPPORT WORKER for kids with A.S.Ds lol

I worked* the day shifts for the last month and am now working as a night shift dude (or waking night support staff as its called).

I work in a residential home for kids with A.S.Ds aged 11-19, although that is the most i can tell you apart from that its very fun, demanding and well paid (the downsides being no pension, no sick pay for days off, staff who regularly abuse the confidentiallity of others, rumour is rife, injuries are frequent and sometimes horrific and that there is a severe staff shortage and i've stayed on most days to help out (with the added bonus of no toil and therefore i get paid for all the extra hours i do :D))...

anyone else work in the residential setting ????

would love to hear more about it from others as i think i am the only guy with AS in Wales/UK that works for others like me for better understanding etc etc............???

oh and did i mention that as a night worker i am basically a cleaner (with a better wage i might add)....    :eyebrows:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: BadgerTom avec Nu Job ooooh yeeeeeea
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 11:26:42 PM »
That's awesome.

How did you get the job?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 12:04:09 AM »
Well, it all started one night in the local pub with my sister and her friend :p

I was talking about how after like 6 months i had finally got my Income support sorted and they were gonna back pay me and then started wishing i had a job, especially a night shift one and then my sisters friend said that there were jobs going at her workplace for night staff... so i asked her for an application form and bobs ur uncle, fannys ur aunt...

Also not only did she get me said form, she also sweet talked the boss into giving me a personal interview (in light of my ASD background) which was uncommon as they had an interviewer specifically for this type of thing, then to top it off she told them about how hard working and commited i was to working there and how much i'd like it and they loved me so much they offered me a job as soon as the interview ended :D :D :D :D :D

The_P

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 03:45:05 AM »
I respect people who are willing to reinvent themselves, even if it's a job you weren't expecting to do from an early age.

It beats feeling sorry for yourself, doesn't it, Tom?

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 03:49:51 AM »
sure does although i dont quite understand ur statement... probs because i aint had enough coffee yet :S

what u saying fool... spell it out for the retard in the corner without his coffee fix please ?? ??

The_P

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 04:03:22 AM »
sure does although i dont quite understand ur statement... probs because i aint had enough coffee yet :S

what u saying fool... spell it out for the retard in the corner without his coffee fix please ?? ??

I'm praising you for exploring other career options instead of lamenting over the loss of your old job and whatnot. It shows great determination and spirit.

If you still don't understand, I apologise. Guess I'm not writing clearly this morning.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 04:06:39 AM by King Oberon of Ass »

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 04:06:48 AM »
uhh thanks.... what was my old job again ?

if its the cybercafe job then i still work there... in fact i'm here right now, after my paid work job do dah :D

The_P

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 04:08:57 AM »
uhh thanks.... what was my old job again ?

if its the cybercafe job then i still work there... in fact i'm here right now, after my paid work job do dah :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember some time ago here that you were on the dole or something.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 10:00:15 PM »
and thats a job ???

correct me if i'm wrong (and i dont think i am in this case) but the Dole isnt a job arsecandle...

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 03:49:49 AM »

Tom, this is great! Congrats on finding work!

I, too,  am working, now. It is actually a job well beneath my "vast talents,"  but it is a chance to get off my ass and stay busy at something besides moping, while bringing home a modest wage.

It sounds like your job could be very fulfilling and I hope you can hang in there and make a "spot" for yourself.

:thumbup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

The_P

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 05:36:31 AM »
and thats a job ???

correct me if i'm wrong (and i dont think i am in this case) but the Dole isnt a job arsecandle...

I read something from here a while back that you had trouble at some university (and perhaps the loss of an old job of yours, I dunno), which led you to go on the dole. I  just think it's great that you're open-minded to other careers and are willing to try them out. Most people in your previous position would either feel sorry for themselves and not try at all.

Still off the mark? Want me to shut it now? :P
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 06:12:43 AM by Hale_bopp's #2 fan »

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 01:47:39 AM »

Tom, this is great! Congrats on finding work!

I, too,  am working, now. It is actually a job well beneath my "vast talents,"  but it is a chance to get off my ass and stay busy at something besides moping, while bringing home a modest wage.

It sounds like your job could be very fulfilling and I hope you can hang in there and make a "spot" for yourself.

:thumbup:

Thanks... job would be very fullfilling but as of yet i havent found it so... its been real shite tbh...

The staff are a load of demoralising arsecandles, constantly bitching about the lack of communication between management and them, whining about the lack of security and many others things, whilst contradicting themselves totally by not talking to the bosses, leaving doors/gates open and (again) many other things !!!

I have taken it upon myself now to join my fellow recruits (we all started together and developed a weird affinity with each other) on the Night Shift (basically we get paid a little more, better hours (9pm-8am) and all we do is clean and bitch about the system!!!).

So apart from the money (which was supposed to come through on wednesday last week!!!) i cant think of any other reason to work there... :(

out of the 8 recruits i started with 5 are left due to the others getting very depressed, demoralised and bitchy and resigning :( (missing u already phil)...

anywho what job r u doing then DirtDawg ??

Still off the mark? Want me to shut it now? :P

Its ok... only if u want !!! :naruto4: