Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 97942 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #4410 on: November 04, 2011, 02:57:05 PM »
Chicken.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Psychophant

« Reply #4411 on: November 04, 2011, 04:37:52 PM »
Same, pre cooked chicken from the supermarket!   :devour:  And it was delicious! 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4412 on: November 04, 2011, 06:02:25 PM »
Strawberry oatmeal
Small hamburger
Meatball, sausage and spaghetti (saved 1/2 for another meal)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

eris

« Reply #4413 on: November 05, 2011, 04:51:41 AM »
I am having Shrimp Yat Gaw Mein soup for breakfast

looks kinda like this,

except shrimp instead of chicken

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4414 on: November 05, 2011, 10:25:54 AM »
Thank you ever so much for the post about Yat Gaw Mien.  Here's the Wikipedia entry for it:

Yaka mein (Ya-Ka-Mein, often pronounced Yakamee) is a type of beef noodle soup (牛肉麵, Cantonese: ngaw4-yuk4 min6) commonly found in many Creole and Chinese restaurants in New Orleans. Yaka mein is sometimes referred to as "Old Sober," as it is commonly prescribed by locals as a cure for hangovers. The dish is now offered at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Music Festival, along with many other Creole and Cajun specialties.[1] The soup is well loved by locals but not well known outside of the city and its surrounding region.[2]

The soup consists of stewed beef (such as brisket) in beef-based broth served on top of spaghetti noodles and garnished with half a hard-boiled egg and chopped green onions.[1] Cajun seasoning, chili powder, or Old Bay Seasoning is often added to the broth.

An alternate version, Yat Gaw Mein, is found in Baltimore and Philadelphia carry out restaurants. Yat Gaw Mein consists of thick wheat noodles (similar to udon) in a ketchup-based sauce or brown gravy, accompanied by thickly sliced onions and a hard-boiled egg[3]. Meat, chicken, and seafood can be added, with some restaurants including the option of pig's feet[4].

I've been looking for a "recipe" for it for years.  I remember eating it in the 1970's.  It has been hard to find it in the restaurants outside of the city proper.  And I'd been looking for Ya Kat Mien on the compute.  Now my search is ended.  Thanks again.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #4415 on: November 05, 2011, 03:29:27 PM »
For dinner I ate quite a big piece of fried cod, 4 veggies out of the wok with some oyster sauce and French fries. Me miscalculating the thickness and the length of frying time subsequently made me preparing all a bit of a juggle act but but.. I managed in the end and it turned out quite okay. (I tell ya)
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

eris

« Reply #4416 on: November 05, 2011, 03:38:11 PM »
Thank you ever so much for the post about Yat Gaw Mien.  Here's the Wikipedia entry for it:

Yaka mein (Ya-Ka-Mein, often pronounced Yakamee) is a type of beef noodle soup (牛肉麵, Cantonese: ngaw4-yuk4 min6) commonly found in many Creole and Chinese restaurants in New Orleans. Yaka mein is sometimes referred to as "Old Sober," as it is commonly prescribed by locals as a cure for hangovers. The dish is now offered at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Music Festival, along with many other Creole and Cajun specialties.[1] The soup is well loved by locals but not well known outside of the city and its surrounding region.[2]

The soup consists of stewed beef (such as brisket) in beef-based broth served on top of spaghetti noodles and garnished with half a hard-boiled egg and chopped green onions.[1] Cajun seasoning, chili powder, or Old Bay Seasoning is often added to the broth.

An alternate version, Yat Gaw Mein, is found in Baltimore and Philadelphia carry out restaurants. Yat Gaw Mein consists of thick wheat noodles (similar to udon) in a ketchup-based sauce or brown gravy, accompanied by thickly sliced onions and a hard-boiled egg[3]. Meat, chicken, and seafood can be added, with some restaurants including the option of pig's feet[4].

I've been looking for a "recipe" for it for years.  I remember eating it in the 1970's.  It has been hard to find it in the restaurants outside of the city proper.  And I'd been looking for Ya Kat Mien on the compute.  Now my search is ended.  Thanks again.

Well I am glad to of helped :P

This doesnt sounds anything like what I ate though. this was chicken broth, with lots of different chinese veggies, broccoli, and shrimp. Hmmm. It was only 3.50$ at the chinese take out down the street.

I had some V8 and a half of a power bar for lunch. I know they are shit...but, I HAVE to eat a certain amount of carbohydrates ( or I will die ) because i take insulin, so sometimes I have to force myself to eat them when i dont want a meal , and power bars are full of vitamins

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4417 on: November 05, 2011, 05:00:48 PM »
Steak :autism:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4418 on: November 05, 2011, 05:32:23 PM »
Pizza. :zoinks: :pizza:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

eris

« Reply #4419 on: November 05, 2011, 05:35:17 PM »

pizza goes in front of your mouth, not behind it  :D

Psychophant

« Reply #4420 on: November 05, 2011, 06:08:37 PM »
Fried veal cutlet

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4421 on: November 08, 2011, 04:49:51 PM »

pizza goes in front of your mouth, not behind it  :D

Oh. That probably explains why I'm still hungry. :laugh:

- Albert Einstein

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4422 on: November 08, 2011, 05:13:01 PM »
leg quarters

Scrapheap

« Reply #4423 on: November 08, 2011, 07:17:52 PM »
Corned beef hash, covered in salsa from a local restaurant.

(the salsa is from the restaurant )

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4424 on: November 08, 2011, 07:20:48 PM »
The last of the meatloaf chili with some shell pasta.