Educational

Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 97889 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #2100 on: December 11, 2008, 03:45:47 AM »
According to some, any meat production in the Western world is an environmental problem. The suggestion by these environmentalists is that everyone should turn vegetarian. So why only target McDonald's? I know that they make for a good target, considering their history (the soya bean story is a good example), but if your reasoning is that *any* cattle production is harmful, then (following that reasoning) any hamburger, steak, etc, is a problem.

yep.  your point?

i "target" McBastards because they are well known to be fucktards in most areas of their commercial activities, so they deserve it.  apart from the fact that they're turning the whole world into a fucking burger bar, and losing diversity in cultural food.

TheoK

« Reply #2101 on: December 11, 2008, 04:01:18 AM »
Of course the hypocrite doesn't give a damn about what he eats. He doesn't give a damn about people being defenseless through idiotic gun laws or all internet traffic being surveilled through the KGB FRA law, so why should he care about the environment?

P7PSP

« Reply #2102 on: December 11, 2008, 11:40:26 AM »
So far today one bowl of honey bunches of oats cereal and several cups od coffee. :thumbup:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2103 on: December 11, 2008, 12:44:51 PM »
Steak and potato.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #2104 on: December 11, 2008, 02:30:52 PM »
Steak and potato.

Can I eat you? :-*

Black beans, turnip greens, squash,  and zuchinni

Yummy k salt :zoinks:

When I was eating wheat,  I saw the green pasta, it has vegetable added in the mix, it was cool.
I read there was grain with fragile structers that were related to wheat, that may be safe for consumption.  I don't get real bad allergies, so maybe it would be ok.  Spelt, kamut, triticale, all drivatives of wheat, might be ok because of their  fragile protein structers.  Other grains can be more nutritious than wheat, like quinoa whoes protein is  eqivualent or greater than the quality of meat protein.  Farmers breed for more gluten, the allergic component, probably should have left it alone.  Maybe that is the reason we have an increase in such problems.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 03:40:36 PM by ALLDAYGLOWRANDY »
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2105 on: December 11, 2008, 03:38:43 PM »
Of course the hypocrite doesn't give a damn about what he eats. He doesn't give a damn about people being defenseless through idiotic gun laws or all internet traffic being surveilled through the KGB FRA law, so why should he care about the environment?

Tell me, Lit, do you ever get anything right?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2106 on: December 11, 2008, 03:50:26 PM »
According to some, any meat production in the Western world is an environmental problem. The suggestion by these environmentalists is that everyone should turn vegetarian. So why only target McDonald's? I know that they make for a good target, considering their history (the soya bean story is a good example), but if your reasoning is that *any* cattle production is harmful, then (following that reasoning) any hamburger, steak, etc, is a problem.

yep.  your point?

Precisely what I said. Say what you mean, instead of going after McDonald's. A quick Google search hints that they are trying to better their ways, and they are under far more scrutiny than most other restaurants, regardless of size.

Normally I much prefer a *real* hamburger to those provided by McDonald's, but sometimes they are the only practical (=quick) option.

i "target" McBastards because they are well known to be fucktards in most areas of their commercial activities, so they deserve it.  apart from the fact that they're turning the whole world into a fucking burger bar, and losing diversity in cultural food.

/shrugs

They sell something people want. But there is more diversity now than when McD started out, so I would disagree with you there.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2107 on: December 11, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »

yep.  your point?

Precisely what I said. Say what you mean, instead of going after McDonald's. A quick Google search hints that they are trying to better their ways, and they are under far more scrutiny than most other restaurants, regardless of size.

and why, precisely, do you think they've *had* so much scrutiny?

Normally I much prefer a *real* hamburger to those provided by McDonald's, but sometimes they are the only practical (=quick) option.

as i've said before, having principles requires organisation, effort, and some inconvenience

/shrugs

They sell something people want. But there is more diversity now than when McD started out, so I would disagree with you there.

how do you come to that conclusion?

TheoK

« Reply #2108 on: December 11, 2008, 04:11:04 PM »
There is more diversity on their excuse for a menu, but not more diversity in nature.  :P

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2109 on: December 11, 2008, 04:12:11 PM »
There is more diversity on their excuse for a menu, but not more diversity in nature.  :P

wtf does that even mean?

::)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2110 on: December 12, 2008, 01:32:00 AM »

yep.  your point?

Beside the point, here, don't you think? We're talking about *now*.

as i've said before, having principles requires organisation, effort, and some inconvenience

To each his or her own. You don't approve of me eating a QP at McDonald's, fine, noted. My principles concern the practicalities of a stressed schedule during lunch hours, so our views differ.

/shrugs

Easy. I remember what was available 25 years ago, and recall what my parents (and others) have said re what was on offer in the 50's or 60's. The fact is that there are more options these days to eat varied food.

Mind, I'm not saying it's thanks to McDonald's; obviously it's not. I suspect it's about better communications and people moving about more.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2111 on: December 12, 2008, 03:44:20 AM »

yep.  your point?

not at all - you're looking at the issue in isolation from its history and context.

To each his or her own. You don't approve of me eating a QP at McDonald's, fine, noted. My principles concern the practicalities of a stressed schedule during lunch hours, so our views differ.

then organise your lunch before you goto work.  i do, others do, it's do-able, and cuts down on stress.

/shrugs

Easy. I remember what was available 25 years ago, and recall what my parents (and others) have said re what was on offer in the 50's or 60's. The fact is that there are more options these days to eat varied food.

Mind, I'm not saying it's thanks to McDonald's; obviously it's not. I suspect it's about better communications and people moving about more.

precisely, so what's that got to do with my point?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2112 on: December 12, 2008, 01:25:26 PM »

yep.  your point?

not at all - you're looking at the issue in isolation from its history and context.

Not the way I see it--it is because they are under so much scrutiny that they really can't afford do too many more things wrong. I know their history; context is a different matter.

I'm perfectly willing to see if they can change.

then organise your lunch before you goto work.  i do, others do, it's do-able, and cuts down on stress.

As I said, to each her own.

/shrugs

precisely, so what's that got to do with my point?

Er, you asked. See above.

BTW, your opinions are pretty clear--"McBastards" should be a dead giveaway--and I think mine are, too, so I'm not sure if further discussion is of any real use. I very much doubt any opinions involved will be significantly swayed.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2113 on: December 12, 2008, 02:32:01 PM »
throw in the towel if you like.  i'd only got going on one of my arguments, but...

/shrugs

it's your funeral.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2114 on: December 12, 2008, 02:58:31 PM »
Not sure too busy to remember
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'