Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 97907 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #2085 on: December 10, 2008, 04:23:30 PM »
the only connexion is that it's an illustration, as you well know.  trying to wriggle out of responsibility isn't working, you know.

No, I don't *know*. Tell me why enough QPs will result in an environmental disaster.

McBastards clear huge swathes of rainforest to graze cattle for "beef"burgers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2006/apr/06/brazil.food

http://www.illegal-logging.info/item_single.php?item=news&item_id=1389&approach_id=21

http://www.saveourearth.co.uk/soe_rainf.php?id=2

i can find loads more.  and here's one for the "other side", so i'm not accused of cherry picking:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/marketing-mcdonalds-how-jills-healthy-recipe-revived-an-ailing-fast-food-giant-847671.html

Yes, I know the avalanche thing is an illustration, of course, but exactly what it illustrates in this case remains unclear.

the fact that one QP might not make much difference, but as i said, a lot of people saying that makes for an enormous number of QPs, requiring more cattle, and more damage to the environment.  McBastards pay lip service to the enivronmentalists, when forced to do so, but notice their "concession" to the soya bean issue was a two year moratorium, and we all know what that means.

TheoK

« Reply #2086 on: December 10, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »
If you think voting for the FRA law is liberal, you certainly think it's environmental to eat at MacDonalds too.  :hahaha:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2087 on: December 10, 2008, 04:29:09 PM »
why would i vote for that? - i don't live in sweden, you knobhead.

::)

TheoK

« Reply #2088 on: December 10, 2008, 04:30:06 PM »
Not you, no.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2089 on: December 10, 2008, 04:30:46 PM »
Not you, no.

would you like me to show you how to use the quote button, so you can reply to the proper person?   :eyelash:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2090 on: December 10, 2008, 04:32:29 PM »
I have only eaten nuts and grapefruit, today, but I NEED some pasta.
I want lasagna, but it takes too long, especially the way i do it. (I start by breaking eggs)

I will have to settle for store bought spaghetti noodles and some frozen sauce that I made in late summer from this year's modest garden results.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #2091 on: December 10, 2008, 04:32:38 PM »
And now we vote...liberal!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2092 on: December 10, 2008, 04:33:24 PM »
Not you, no.

would you like me to show you how to use the quote button, so you can reply to the proper person?   :eyelash:

Banish the very thought!

It's more fun, this way.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2093 on: December 10, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »
I want lasagna, but it takes too long, especially the way i do it. (I start by breaking eggs)

I will have to settle for store bought spaghetti noodles and some frozen sauce that I made in late summer from this year's modest garden results.

i've never made pasta myself, although always wanted to.  i passed up the chance to buy a pasta machine in a charity shop for £6 a little while ago - i'm still kicking myself.  :(

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2094 on: December 10, 2008, 04:35:48 PM »
Not you, no.

Banish the very thought!

It's more fun, this way.

good point. 

lit, i'm unsaying my comment about the quote button, okay?

sorry - please try not to cry.  be BRAVE!!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2095 on: December 10, 2008, 04:54:32 PM »
the only connexion is that it's an illustration, as you well know.  trying to wriggle out of responsibility isn't working, you know.

No, I don't *know*. Tell me why enough QPs will result in an environmental disaster.

McBastards clear huge swathes of rainforest to graze cattle for "beef"burgers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2006/apr/06/brazil.food

http://www.illegal-logging.info/item_single.php?item=news&item_id=1389&approach_id=21

http://www.saveourearth.co.uk/soe_rainf.php?id=2

i can find loads more.  and here's one for the "other side", so i'm not accused of cherry picking:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/marketing-mcdonalds-how-jills-healthy-recipe-revived-an-ailing-fast-food-giant-847671.html

Yes, I know the avalanche thing is an illustration, of course, but exactly what it illustrates in this case remains unclear.

the fact that one QP might not make much difference, but as i said, a lot of people saying that makes for an enormous number of QPs, requiring more cattle, and more damage to the environment.  McBastards pay lip service to the enivronmentalists, when forced to do so, but notice their "concession" to the soya bean issue was a two year moratorium, and we all know what that means.

According to some, any meat production in the Western world is an environmental problem. The suggestion by these environmentalists is that everyone should turn vegetarian. So why only target McDonald's? I know that they make for a good target, considering their history (the soya bean story is a good example), but if your reasoning is that *any* cattle production is harmful, then (following that reasoning) any hamburger, steak, etc, is a problem.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #2096 on: December 10, 2008, 04:57:21 PM »
spinach, black beans, brown rice, and green pepper

I almost finished the turkey
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2097 on: December 10, 2008, 10:25:48 PM »

i've never made pasta myself, although always wanted to.  i passed up the chance to buy a pasta machine in a charity shop for £6 a little while ago - i'm still kicking myself.  :(

I got one for a wedding present, so I have made pasta with it.  It takes a lot of time to make your own pasta, but it's really good.

BTW, I finished the pasta with turkey and mushrooms tonight.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2098 on: December 10, 2008, 10:57:46 PM »
Not avocado.  :'(
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2099 on: December 11, 2008, 12:20:01 AM »

I had one for a while. They're kind of a bother to clean, to me.
The beauty of making "flat" pasta, is that it is ready sooner. Then, with just a little creativity, all manner of stuffed pasta goodies, like ravioli, tortellini and many other culinary wonders of all shapes and sizes can come into being quite easily.

One of my specialties is to make the pasta super thin and roll it up into a layered "Gringo style," mock tamale using southern flavors like chili, onions, corn, cheeses and tomatoes. I seal them like ravioli, then bake them in a crock so they don't become too dry. At the end, I open the crock and brown some additional cheese on top and the whole concoction turns into quite a satisfying one-dish meal.

I need to make some, soon! It makes a great winter meal.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 12:25:26 AM by DirtDawg »