Educational

Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 97903 times)

ozymandias

Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #1695 on: August 22, 2008, 06:39:29 PM »
I have seen footage of how they made veal and it is nasty and terrible what they do to the calves to make their meat so tender.   That does not stop me from eating veal though.   

I and my daughter are veal lovers.  I hate the method done to obtain such meat.  But, I will only abstain from veal when Europeans stop eating Horse Meat.  And Asian/Orientals stop slaughtering Bears for their Gall Bladders.   :grrr:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1696 on: August 22, 2008, 11:12:55 PM »
I have seen footage of how they made veal and it is nasty and terrible what they do to the calves to make their meat so tender.   That does not stop me from eating veal though.   

I and my daughter are veal lovers.  I hate the method done to obtain such meat.  But, I will only abstain from veal when Europeans stop eating Horse Meat.  And Asian/Orientals stop slaughtering Bears for their Gall Bladders.   :grrr:

... and don't forget slaughtered swine by the millions for their pancreatic excretions.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1697 on: August 23, 2008, 02:34:29 AM »
sounds dodgy to me.  if we're all waiting for someone else to stop doing something before we do, then it never stops.

someone has to have the guts to start.  and having principles mean being "inconvenienced", at times.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1698 on: August 23, 2008, 03:43:30 AM »
A schnitzel.

not veal?  tell me it wasn't veal.  :(

No, it wasn't.

phew.  :-*

Why?

google it, and see what they do to the calves.  it's repulsive, even more so than ordinary battery/intensive farming.

Veal is produced mostly from bull calves of dairy cows.  Is the repulsive thing you speak of separating these bull calves from their mothers and raising them in barns?

http://www.vealfarm.com/industry-info/faqs.asp

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1699 on: August 23, 2008, 11:17:47 AM »
sounds dodgy to me.  if we're all waiting for someone else to stop doing something before we do, then it never stops.

someone has to have the guts to start.  and having principles mean being "inconvenienced", at times.

OK!

I'll start.

NO more insulin injections fro diabetics. FUCK 'em. The animals alive are more valued than their excretions! People who can't live on their own should just die!

(this is what we face. what do we do next?)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1700 on: August 23, 2008, 12:50:56 PM »
BBQ'd steak. Could be this summer's last as the days ahead are supposed to be rainy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #1701 on: August 23, 2008, 01:36:32 PM »
Baked Pork CHops

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #1702 on: August 23, 2008, 02:34:54 PM »
Popcorn.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1703 on: August 23, 2008, 03:16:03 PM »

Fired up the grille. Made some baby back ribs.

Grille-baked potatoes, fresh grille-baked corn, fresh bread, fresh tomatoes, fresh green beans, fresh onions ...

Fucking end of summer bash!

ozymandias

« Reply #1704 on: August 23, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »
It's fresh corn season here in Maine.  YUM, hot with lots of butter and a dash of salt!  <bliss>

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1705 on: August 24, 2008, 12:25:25 AM »
Chinese food--Happy Family and combination fried rice.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1706 on: August 24, 2008, 02:05:02 PM »
One of my friends at work gave me half of her ""power bar""

I suppose she felt sorry for me. It was an oatmeal, sesame, carob and poppy bar, designed to provide substantial protein, which left a distasteful after-cringe growing in my senses. I can not imagine eating a WHOLE one. i keep telling her that eating all that protein won't help her, because she needs carbohydrates. (She probably weighs as much as my left leg, my weaker one. next to no muscle mass. she has little call for proteins, yet she eats buttloads of them from those healthfood stores)

I will have some baked fish adn veggies in about a half hour.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 02:09:03 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1707 on: August 24, 2008, 02:28:37 PM »
Beef
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #1708 on: August 24, 2008, 03:54:19 PM »
Boboli pizza with pepperoni

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1709 on: August 24, 2008, 10:42:35 PM »
Two protein shakes, two kiwifuit and a carrot.