Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 97881 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #1095 on: March 04, 2008, 11:18:09 AM »
i have crisp sandwiches all the time :D

:thumbup:

but which flavour?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1096 on: March 04, 2008, 11:18:54 AM »
Eaten my eclair and now i feel sick

not bloody surprised, on top of all the cheese doodahs, crisp sandwiches and chocolate.

as my dad used to say - you'll go pop!

:laugh:

Sophgay

« Reply #1097 on: March 04, 2008, 11:19:55 AM »
Maybe I should eat healthier stuff for my tea :D

i have crisp sandwiches all the time :D

:thumbup:

but which flavour?
Salt and vinegar mostly :P

And cheese and onion

I might get prawn cocktail later :orly:

ozymandias

« Reply #1098 on: March 04, 2008, 11:28:45 AM »
Eaten my eclair and now i feel sick

Well, serves you right for eating a fellow member of Intensity.   :laugh:  You cannibal!   :-*

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1099 on: March 04, 2008, 11:32:55 AM »
COmfort food, grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of V8 juice. 

yum!

i have no grill (or toaster, as it died the other day, along with my vacuum cleaner, washing machine and shower - me and electrics...), and i really miss toasted cheese sandwiches.  :'(

and as for cheese on toast... :bigcry:

If you have a skillet, you can make grilled cheese sandwiches on top of the stove.  That is how I usually do it.  Heat the skillet on the stove over medium to medium high heat.  Lightly butter the bread on one side and put it buttered side down in the skillet, then top with a piece of cheese and another lightly buttered slice of bread, buttered side up.  Cook it until the bread is nicely browned on the bottom, then flip it and cook until the other side is also nicely browned and the cheese is melted.

You can also make grilled cheese sandwiches with an iron, if you wrap the assembled sandwich in aluminum foil first.

I had a bean burrito.

ozymandias

« Reply #1100 on: March 04, 2008, 12:22:35 PM »

yum!

i have no grill (or toaster, as it died the other day, along with my vacuum cleaner, washing machine and shower - me and electrics...), and i really miss toasted cheese sandwiches.  :'(

If you have a skillet, you can make grilled cheese sandwiches on top of the stove.  That is how I usually do it.  Heat the skillet on the stove over medium to medium high heat.  Lightly butter the bread on one side and put it buttered side down in the skillet, then top with a piece of cheese and another lightly buttered slice of bread, buttered side up.  Cook it until the bread is nicely browned on the bottom, then flip it and cook until the other side is also nicely browned and the cheese is melted.

Thats how I made mine!   :green:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1101 on: March 04, 2008, 12:40:20 PM »

yum!

If you have a skillet, you can make grilled cheese sandwiches on top of the stove.  That is how I usually do it.  Heat the skillet on the stove over medium to medium high heat.  Lightly butter the bread on one side and put it buttered side down in the skillet, then top with a piece of cheese and another lightly buttered slice of bread, buttered side up.  Cook it until the bread is nicely browned on the bottom, then flip it and cook until the other side is also nicely browned and the cheese is melted.

You can also make grilled cheese sandwiches with an iron, if you wrap the assembled sandwich in aluminum foil first.

I had a bean burrito.

i've done that, yes.  but it's just not the same...  :'(

me wants a grill that works.

now, callaway, can i get a skillet to hoover my carpets, wash me, and clean my clothes, too?

:rofl:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1102 on: March 04, 2008, 12:46:09 PM »

yum!

If you have a skillet, you can make grilled cheese sandwiches on top of the stove.  That is how I usually do it.  Heat the skillet on the stove over medium to medium high heat.  Lightly butter the bread on one side and put it buttered side down in the skillet, then top with a piece of cheese and another lightly buttered slice of bread, buttered side up.  Cook it until the bread is nicely browned on the bottom, then flip it and cook until the other side is also nicely browned and the cheese is melted.

I had a bean burrito.

i've done that, yes.  but it's just not the same...  :'(

me wants a grill that works.

now, callaway, can i get a skillet to hoover my carpets, wash me, and clean my clothes, too?

:rofl:

How did you break a shower?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1103 on: March 04, 2008, 12:47:21 PM »
it just started making weird noises, and the combination of water + electricity + weird noises doesn't sound safe to me.  i won't use it, and can't afford to have it fixed.  so it's baths for me.

sigh...

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1104 on: March 04, 2008, 12:53:42 PM »
it just started making weird noises, and the combination of water + electricity + weird noises doesn't sound safe to me.  i won't use it, and can't afford to have it fixed.  so it's baths for me.

sigh...

Electricity?  Does this shower have a point of use water heater?

If it is the shower head that is the problem, it is relatively simple to unscrew the old one and replace it with a new one, isn't it?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1105 on: March 04, 2008, 01:13:59 PM »

sigh...

If it is the shower head that is the problem, it is relatively simple to unscrew the old one and replace it with a new one, isn't it?

it sounds like the motor is bashing about.  and it runs from the hot water tank.  it's definitely something expensive, by the sounds of it.  :(

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1106 on: March 04, 2008, 01:48:11 PM »

sigh...

it sounds like the motor is bashing about.  and it runs from the hot water tank.  it's definitely something expensive, by the sounds of it.  :(

Your shower has a motor?

I have never heard of a shower like that.

As far as I know, showers here run off water pressure, but I just looked up power showers in the UK:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/power-showers-191-0000

Wow.

I like baths better anyway for the most part, except for rinsing my hair.  Showers are quicker, though.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1107 on: March 04, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »

sigh...

Your shower has a motor?

I have never heard of a shower like that.

As far as I know, showers here run off water pressure, but I just looked up power showers in the UK:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/power-showers-191-0000

Wow.

I like baths better anyway for the most part, except for rinsing my hair.  Showers are quicker, though.

i prefer baths, cos i can luxuriate in them, read a book, have nibbles, all that sort of thing.  takes me an hour...

but showers are handy for after running, or when i just need to shut the eczema up for a bit, by cooling bits of me down.  showers are less drying mostly, too.

richard

« Reply #1108 on: March 04, 2008, 05:29:45 PM »
mashed patatoes from idaho and they were delisious

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1109 on: March 05, 2008, 02:47:27 AM »
Had cheese sandwiches for breakfast. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein