Educational

Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 97899 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #6915 on: June 23, 2020, 09:04:07 AM »
I wish we had an Aldi's here. I keep hearing good things about them.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6916 on: June 24, 2020, 05:12:56 AM »
Went to Dome (a popular café) and had a berry cheesecake. Unfortunately I had a big bit on my fork and then dropped it on the floor. If I was at home I would have picked it up and eaten it. But I was in public, bummer.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6917 on: June 25, 2020, 04:04:33 PM »
I made roasted veggies with polish sausage again. So good.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #6918 on: June 25, 2020, 05:01:43 PM »
Stove top stuffing with gravy and chicken
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6919 on: June 26, 2020, 05:09:41 AM »

Threw some Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in the oven. Ready shortly.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6920 on: June 27, 2020, 04:01:42 PM »
BBQ'd sausages with potato salad. Yummy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6921 on: June 27, 2020, 08:09:06 PM »
Steak, pasta salad and roasted potatoes.  :2thumbsup:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #6922 on: June 27, 2020, 10:03:38 PM »
Stuffing with left over pre-cooked chicken and gravy at work.  Yummy!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6923 on: June 27, 2020, 11:53:55 PM »
Pizza pastries that mum cooked and made me take home. I'm glad she made me for they were very tasty.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6924 on: June 28, 2020, 02:08:52 AM »
Nothing yet. Too early. I don't understand people who eat breakfast.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6925 on: June 28, 2020, 06:44:24 AM »
Nothing yet. Too early. I don't understand people who eat breakfast.
:zombiefuck: I don't understand people who don't. I think it's my favourite part of the day.  :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6926 on: June 28, 2020, 07:02:37 PM »
It's very rare that I will wake up in the morning and feel even remotely like eating anything.

My son is even worse. We gave up making lunch for him to take to school years ago because he **never** ate it. Now we just give him a couple of coco pops bars or milo bars or similar because he still doesn't eat them, but they last a lot longer. I even try to give him money in the morning so he can buy a burger for lunch and he says "no thanks, I don't need any".

So he's a 15-year-old boy who gets up in the morning, doesn't eat breakfast, goes to school, doesn't eat lunch. Comes home, goes to his room, and maybe 4 pm or 5 pm I will ask if he is hungry and he says "a bit".

Anyway, I'm having pumpkin seed crackers with brie cheese. I'm trying to get back onto low carbing.

“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #6927 on: June 28, 2020, 07:16:59 PM »
It's very rare that I will wake up in the morning and feel even remotely like eating anything.

My son is even worse. We gave up making lunch for him to take to school years ago because he **never** ate it. Now we just give him a couple of coco pops bars or milo bars or similar because he still doesn't eat them, but they last a lot longer. I even try to give him money in the morning so he can buy a burger for lunch and he says "no thanks, I don't need any".

So he's a 15-year-old boy who gets up in the morning, doesn't eat breakfast, goes to school, doesn't eat lunch. Comes home, goes to his room, and maybe 4 pm or 5 pm I will ask if he is hungry and he says "a bit".

Anyway, I'm having pumpkin seed crackers with brie cheese. I'm trying to get back onto low carbing.

Sounds like he's got your genes there it seems. Can't seem to eat anything in the morning, since a lot of the times I'll end up eating quite a big lunch and a big dinner sometimes, just don't end up feeling hungry in the morning.

Does he eat a lot when it comes to dinner?
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6928 on: June 28, 2020, 07:39:32 PM »

Sounds like he's got your genes there it seems. Can't seem to eat anything in the morning, since a lot of the times I'll end up eating quite a big lunch and a big dinner sometimes, just don't end up feeling hungry in the morning.

Does he eat a lot when it comes to dinner?

No, he needs to be encouraged to eat, even at dinner.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6929 on: June 28, 2020, 07:41:40 PM »

^I'm the same... sort of. But then I found out that i can prevent myself from getting cramps, tremors, brain fog and and all sorts of fun things like that in the morning, just by getting simple carbs into my system as fast as poss. So then i religiously ate breakfast, soon as i got up, like it or not, for a whie.  But then I found out that 2-3 sugar cubes before attemting to rise works  a lot better for me than breakfast ; and they tide  over nicely until my (sugary) morning coffee gets into my system.  And now I'm back to clean forgetting to have breakfast, most days.  :green:

That tactic wouldn't work for you. if you can munch on Brie and pumkin seeds with no ill-effects , and  those  fatty food function as a healthy substitute for carbs, well, hey! your metabolism must be pretty much polar opposite to mine.  It looks like disinterst in brekkie is just about all we have in common there.

I envy you. I love fatty foods (and Brie was once my favourite cheese, before i went totally vegan ) and I hate overdosing on sweet foods, especially the same old boring sweet foods that i happen to not be allergic to. But they're indubitably good for me. Curses! I don't suppose we can swap?

oh! do i have to say what i ate today?  Err, 2-3 sugar cubes, and then some boiled new potatoes, and then some more boiled new potatoes. and then some truly delicious strawberries , and then another 2-3 sugar cubes , and then some more boiled new potatoes. (all gone now )   I know,  i know, nutritionally crap, but i was going to make some potato salad and various other salads to go with it. The whole caboodle  would have been seriously nutitious, if only hadn;t been distracted. And if i hadn't then inconveniently fallen fast asleep for several hours (hence the second helping of sugar cubes)  So it goes. Sometimes such plans work out , sometimes they don't.

at least the potatoes didn't make me sick :) They do occasionally , but they usally don't , so i'm sticking with them. Can't give up every damned thing.