Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 97912 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #6705 on: January 05, 2020, 04:02:03 PM »
Missed breakfast so had my usual breakfast for lunch. Currently cooking cheeseburger pasta for dinner.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6706 on: January 07, 2020, 09:28:38 AM »
Microwaved yesterday's leftovers (a stroganoff by yours truly).
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6707 on: January 07, 2020, 04:16:07 PM »
No breakfast. Low carb meatloaf in my bag for lunch.

Still needs work, it is okay but a bit dry and bland.

I will make low carb loaded cauliflower bake tonight and/or low carb cheesecake.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6708 on: January 09, 2020, 08:53:41 AM »
I'm ravenous today and I have no idea why but it's pissing me off.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6709 on: January 09, 2020, 04:51:35 PM »
Salad last night.

Plan was salad today for lunch. I add freshly grated parmesan and sunflower seeds so I can pretend it's gourmet.

But my wife insisted that I cook the rest of the sausages that her friend talked her into buying last weekend. She wants me to eat them because nobody else will because they stink of cheap lamb meat.

So 3 bangers for lunch, plus salad, and 3 bangers at home for later. I'm not counting calories, only carbs.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6710 on: January 09, 2020, 06:03:32 PM »
My daughter came by with Chinese carrry out for lunch. She knows I do not eat much these days so she brought me the hottest thing, single small portion they had. I loved it, but I only ate about one third of the "huge" single serving bowl.
Probably going to add some tomatoes, cilantro and avocado and put the remainder in tortillas for lunch tomorrow and maybe the next day.
 :dunno: Why not?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6711 on: January 09, 2020, 07:50:17 PM »
In England I saw a guy who bought Chinese takeaway, brought it home, made 2 or 3 slices of toast, buttered them and arranged them on the plate, then spread the Chinese takeaway (including fried rice) over the toast and ate the lot with a knife and fork.

That was just weird.

I remember taking my American ex-girlfriend to a KFC in England. She asked for Chicken and biscuits and I had to whisper to her "they don't have those here". She sighed and shrugged her shoulders and said "okay then, I'll just have the potato and gravy" and I had to whisper to her "they don't have that either". And then she asked me in her loud New York voice "so what have they got?". I told her that you could have chips (french fries) and.... baked beans. She was like "What the F***"!!!!

We had both been living in Slovenia for more than 6 months, and having a long weekend in London, so it was a chance to eat something other than pizza or weird Central European food. KFC was going to be her first "taste of home" for a while and even that turned out weird and British.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6712 on: January 11, 2020, 05:54:56 PM »
Well, in my mind the British kitchen is nonexistent.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6713 on: January 11, 2020, 07:19:00 PM »
I made a dish called cheeseburger gnocchi. It was good.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6714 on: January 11, 2020, 10:47:55 PM »
In England I saw a guy who bought Chinese takeaway, brought it home, made 2 or 3 slices of toast, buttered them and arranged them on the plate, then spread the Chinese takeaway (including fried rice) over the toast and ate the lot with a knife and fork.

That was just weird.

I remember taking my American ex-girlfriend to a KFC in England. She asked for Chicken and biscuits and I had to whisper to her "they don't have those here". She sighed and shrugged her shoulders and said "okay then, I'll just have the potato and gravy" and I had to whisper to her "they don't have that either". And then she asked me in her loud New York voice "so what have they got?". I told her that you could have chips (french fries) and.... baked beans. She was like "What the F***"!!!!

We had both been living in Slovenia for more than 6 months, and having a long weekend in London, so it was a chance to eat something other than pizza or weird Central European food. KFC was going to be her first "taste of home" for a while and even that turned out weird and British.

Hilarious story, but I am not sure whether to lol at the notion that y'all's KFC was tragically compromised or that some one actually thought that KFC might represent a "taste of home."

...  either way  :lol1:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 10:49:39 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6715 on: January 11, 2020, 11:04:27 PM »
Weird day today. I said, "Fuck it!"  It has rained constantly for three days. I brought my grill to the edge of my garage, cracked the door enough to allow massive amounts of smoke to find its way out, set up a fan and started a fire.
I mean, fuck it! I cooked with an open fire inside my garage!

I made smoky, grilled burgers for us all. I also grilled some mushrooms and onions, using the small foil bowl technique. Swiss cheese melted over all but my daughter's burger.

Got my hands on some bison burger from my local meat market. Obviously, these bison were raised for the slaughter on a proper ranch with all their needs met, up until their worst day ever. Bison is even more rich than hardcore Japanese style raised (think, Wagyu) beef.
Actually the bison are raised almost the same as Japanese Wagyu beef. But they are naturally more rich in every know nutrient.

It worked out great!
I used peach wood for smoke.

OH!  I have cut down several large peach trees on my property, lately. I have a few more to cut down, since they have all stopped producing fruit. Great wood though. I plan to save some of the larger trunks for small wood projects in the future.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 11:09:14 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6716 on: January 12, 2020, 02:44:03 AM »

I just had a peanut butter, mayonnaise and banana sandwich with a large glass of milk, then another glass of milk.
Just plain store bought things. Nothing hand made.

Tomorrow I might make some fresh bread.
I have some leeks and thinking that a leek and potato soup might be good to go with fresh bread.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6717 on: January 12, 2020, 02:12:21 PM »
I skipped the leeks soup, for today. Maybe better for tomorrow, but I did make fresh handmade bread.

I chose to broil some bison sirloins in the oven. The bread is not quite done, so the steaks are still waiting as they come up to room temperature.

I know some think I am entering the "danger zone" by allowing fresh meat to reach room temperature before cooking it. I call bullshit on that nonsense.
This is fresh bison or beeffalo as some word wrangling hipsters tend to call it. It has already been aged for over six weeks.
Aging beef is a part of the process to attain finer and finer red meats. Of course, you have to start with super high quality, well marbled meat to get the most from aging.

The marbling on these bison sirloins is amazing and very well distributed.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6718 on: January 12, 2020, 05:52:26 PM »
Hilarious story, but I am not sure whether to lol at the notion that y'all's KFC was tragically compromised or that some one actually thought that KFC might represent a "taste of home."

...  either way  :lol1:

Well it was at least a familiar brand. When I spent a few months in the US with her I don't think she would have touched KFC or McDonald's or Taco Bell with a 10 foot pole.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6719 on: January 12, 2020, 06:10:53 PM »

I just had a peanut butter, mayonnaise and banana sandwich with a large glass of milk, then another glass of milk.
Just plain store bought things. Nothing hand made.

Tomorrow I might make some fresh bread.
I have some leeks and thinking that a leek and potato soup might be good to go with fresh bread.

I might try making a sandwich like that for my son.

It is a struggle getting him to eat, so the more calories I can load into a sandwich the better.

His favourite sandwich is the nutella and banana jaffle. I'm not sure what you call jaffles in the US, they look a bit like this and you make them in a press or iron that crimps the edges for you: