Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 97912 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #6675 on: October 19, 2019, 08:18:55 AM »
Cereal (Fruity Bites)
A banana
An Apple-filled oat bar

That's it today, I'm hungry for dinner!

Lobster Bisque, that's fancy! :)

Our local supermarket sells it.  There is minimal lobster in it, but, it's thick, creamy and delicious.  Good food for a cold day!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6676 on: October 20, 2019, 05:24:30 PM »
Cereal with milk and sliced bananas
baked potato
Chili
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6677 on: October 21, 2019, 07:29:38 AM »
Nothing, yet. Enjoyed some dentistry instead.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6678 on: October 21, 2019, 09:40:19 AM »
Who enjoys dentistry??   :zombiefuck:

Only a bagel with lauging cow cheese and hot chocolate so far.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6679 on: October 21, 2019, 11:26:34 AM »

I might not have been entirely serious. :P

I've still not had anything to eat - I had to rush to catch a later train to Copenhagen and that train was delayed along the way. But I've now ordered food at the hotel restaurant. :woohoo:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6680 on: October 21, 2019, 05:50:52 PM »

I've still not had anything to eat - I had to rush to catch a later train to Copenhagen and that train was delayed along the way. But I've now ordered food at the hotel restaurant. :woohoo:
Yay for food you didn't have to cook!

I made pork chops and roasted potatoes and salad for dinner. It was really good.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6681 on: October 21, 2019, 08:09:59 PM »
Cereal (Cheerios) without sugar on top. I'm trying to eat less sugar. There's enough of it in the cereal.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6682 on: October 22, 2019, 06:47:55 AM »
Cereal (Cheerios) without sugar on top. I'm trying to eat less sugar. There's enough of it in the cereal.
I haven't had cereal in years and then out of the blue a few weeks ago I had a craving for Cheerios and now it's a daily thing for me. So good.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6683 on: October 24, 2019, 10:34:41 AM »

I made pork chops and roasted potatoes and salad for dinner. It was really good.

Didn't have to cook anything today either. One of the advantages of working in the office. I stay at a hotel and eat what suits me, and they pay.

The problem is, of course, that hotel rooms are all the same and restaurants are rarely as good as they sound. Today's meal was sort of sad.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6684 on: October 25, 2019, 07:49:23 AM »

Didn't have to cook anything today either. One of the advantages of working in the office. I stay at a hotel and eat what suits me, and they pay.

The problem is, of course, that hotel rooms are all the same and restaurants are rarely as good as they sound. Today's meal was sort of sad.
Yeah that gets tiresome after awhile.

It's still morning here so just a bagel with laughing cow light cheese is all I've had.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6685 on: October 25, 2019, 09:27:48 AM »
About to eat a burger.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6686 on: October 25, 2019, 04:45:41 PM »
For lunch I fired up the grill and made quick burgers. They were fabulous!

Made enough for my son who was at work at the time, but he had already filled up on sushi when he came home. How does one do that, anyway? And why?

Anyway, funny thing happened. After I had given up on my son eating his burger, I decided to cut it in half and then divide that half to give to the cat and dog (one third cat/two thirds dog).

The cat was happy to plow into fresh meat, but the dog, usually eat first ask questions later, would not eat his. He just looked, sniffed and backed off, would not touch it and then he started barking at me.

WTF! So I kept on trying to coax him to eat his burger and he kept barking and looking backward, finally he ran into my son's room and started barking at him. Then he came back out and barked at me some more. Now this was not an aggressive, scary bark - it was a kind and begging, high pitched kind of bark.

I know he was trying to communicate something that we will never get, but as far as I can tell, he wanted my son to have first dibs on the new food I had laid out or did not want to eat my son's food without his blessing. My son was just annoyed at this point and I told him to just watch what is going on with the dog.

I asked my son to just pick the food up and offer it to the dog himself. He did so and the dog gobbled it down in seconds.

I know I am personifying things a great deal, but this looked like the dog was not going to allow me to give away my son's food without him knowing about it.

I have only seen this type of behavior in mother dogs helping her young and never in full grown male dogs.

Scratching my head.  :dunno:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6687 on: October 26, 2019, 08:40:17 AM »

Made enough for my son who was at work at the time, but he had already filled up on sushi when he came home. How does one do that, anyway? And why?

Anyway, funny thing happened. After I had given up on my son eating his burger, I decided to cut it in half and then divide that half to give to the cat and dog (one third cat/two thirds dog).

The cat was happy to plow into fresh meat, but the dog, usually eat first ask questions later, would not eat his. He just looked, sniffed and backed off, would not touch it and then he started barking at me.

WTF! So I kept on trying to coax him to eat his burger and he kept barking and looking backward, finally he ran into my son's room and started barking at him. Then he came back out and barked at me some more. Now this was not an aggressive, scary bark - it was a kind and begging, high pitched kind of bark.

I know he was trying to communicate something that we will never get, but as far as I can tell, he wanted my son to have first dibs on the new food I had laid out or did not want to eat my son's food without his blessing. My son was just annoyed at this point and I told him to just watch what is going on with the dog.

I asked my son to just pick the food up and offer it to the dog himself. He did so and the dog gobbled it down in seconds.

I know I am personifying things a great deal, but this looked like the dog was not going to allow me to give away my son's food without him knowing about it.

I have only seen this type of behavior in mother dogs helping her young and never in full grown male dogs.

Dogs are such amazing creatures. I've learned so much from mine and watching the way their mind works and how they attempt to communicate is fascinating.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6688 on: October 26, 2019, 10:41:26 PM »

Dogs are such amazing creatures. I've learned so much from mine and watching the way their mind works and how they attempt to communicate is fascinating.

I have had lots of really great dogs over the years and it seems that every single one is just as interesting, if not more so, than all the previous ones.
The one you love right now is your best dog and as they say, your best friend.
There is hardly a more pure character than that of a dog that is loved.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 10:45:11 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6689 on: October 28, 2019, 08:25:24 AM »
I could not possibly agree more. One of mine is currently curled up beside me wondering why I'm not sharing my beef jrely with her.   :puppy:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad